Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

If you want 4k and don't mind spending the money, is there any reason to wait right now? We're not in some sort of 'new tech lovely early phase' area are we? I have a 660ti running 3 monitors right now, and would like to stay with 3 monitors. It seems to support 4k, but I can't find if it supports 3 4k's at a time. Anyone know? Also, I don't game, so I'm not really worried about frame rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobua
Mar 23, 2003

Is there a thread recommended option on software that sets up monitor partitions for windows? As in, split the screens up so that maximizing a window doesn't actually fill the monitor, but just the partition it's in?

I'm currently using the LG software that does it, and its fine except that when I customize a window's size, it just remaximizes, no real options.

no one hates free, but I don't mind paying for an option if it's worth it.

bobua
Mar 23, 2003

smoobles posted:

Has anyone used one of those ultra wide curved monitors in a work setup, i.e. instead of dual monitors?

In theory it'd be dope as gently caress to split one wide screen between 2-3 applications at once, and make my setup look a lot sleeker. Any downsides?

Stressing what mobby said on height. I use an ultrawide and 2 vertical 27s. I really dislike the space command look and 3 monitor wiring\arms and would like to go to something like a 49 inch ultrawide, but giving up the vertical space is a really tough sale.