Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Christ, they don't make 24" IPS monitors with a decent variable refresh rate. I'm loathe to give up my Dell UltraSharp U2412M and go to a 27". A 24" and a 27" side by side would be kinda weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Not even 144hz, but yeah higher than 60hz. I might just go with a giant rear end 35" display and figure out a way to fit both.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

The monitor I ordered Friday which had an estimated day of delivery for 12/3 is arriving today :pwn:

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

I've been pretty happy with the CFG70 I bought around Black Friday. Easy to fiddle with the settings to get the colors right where I want them, FreeSync is great, sharpness is decent.

Only thing I've noticed: the monitor gets pretty hot. The power button is on the back (???) so when I go to shut it off, the panel on the back seems warmer than it should be. Is this normal?

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Maybe this is the wrong thread but my brother gave me his older dual monitor desk mount. It has a bracket on each arm with screw holes but the monitors I have don't fit on either side and the screw holes don't line up.

Do I need to purchase a compatible bracket so they will fit or is there a chance the mount is just old and won't work at all? I have a CFG70 and Dell U2412M.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Rexxed posted:

Unless it's a total oddball thing, most monitor stands/arms fit VESA mount holes in the monitors. There are different sizes, however:
http://www.ergotron.com/en-us/support/vesa-standard

You may have 75x75mm and need 100x100mm or something like that. There's generic adapter plates like this that provide more holes than you can usually use to adapt one to another as long as they're standard sizes:
https://smile.amazon.com/Mount-World-Universal-Adapter-Medium/dp/B0036L5RJY

Ah yeah, looks like both monitors are VESA 100x100 but I don't think the mount brackets are the right size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Paul MaudDib posted:

Are the holes on the bracket farther or closer to center than the monitor holes? If closer, it's probably VESA 75mm.

Looks like the bracket on the monitor stand is too bag, the holes on the monitor are closer together than the holes on the bracket.