Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I ordered my first Dell U2312HM today. Someday soon I hope to pickup a second. I cannot wait. Thank you thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Are there going to be more 4k gsync monitors in like 3 months or is that silly thinking?

I suppose 1440p and gsync wouldn't be bad for modest high end gaming on a 1080/1070

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

When are monitors like the PG279Q going to become more common place?

I mean, 1440p, 144hz+, IPS with decent build quality doesn't seem unreasonable, to me, it sounds like the next "1080p" standard. So why are all the screens currently suffering crazy back light bleed, or terrible TN panels?

How many years am I going to have to wait to be able to "safely" buy one of these products without feeling like I am gambling the BLB beast?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

FAT CURES MUSCLES posted:

I just got a used PB278Q and its pretty great. If you can get a good price its a good monitor till the 1440p 144hz G-Sync MEGA MONITORS lower price a bit.

Oh this Asus PB278Q looks very nice for its features and price.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I really want a ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q but the back light bleed reports are scaring me. If you get excessive BLB can you even return a screen for that? How is B&H's customer service in this regard? And finally, is the screen worth it if I am running a 1070?

edit: alternatively, where do I find news about upcoming models of monitors?

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Aug 29, 2016