Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
If im running one monitor thats 1920x1080 and one thats 1920x1200 and I want to clone the displays, is it possible to still get one of them to have 1920x1200 and the other one just to have it cut off? Right now its forcing my 1920x1200 monitor into x1080 mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
Going to be purchasing dual 27" Dell monitors, currently have a 24" and want to keep it on the setup as well. What will I need to drive this? I currently have a GTX 460. Will I need to upgrade?

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003

DrDork posted:

The first one is certainly a TN monitor, and I strongly suspect the second one is, as well. That said, there's nothing inherently wrong with TN monitors; they're just not going to have the viewing angles or color and visual quality that an IPS has. If that's not terribly important to you (eg, you spend all your days just playing Quake or CS), then by all means save some cash and get a TN. If you can spare the extra cash, though, it's a pretty noticeable step up getting an IPS.

Depends on what you intend to do with them. Are you going to be watching movies and web browsing and that's it? You're fine. Are you going to be playing last-gen games like TF2, Borderlands, WoW, or other not-so-stressful games? You're fine. Do you intend on playing Rage and BF3 at full resolution with all the pretties? Ain't gonna happen with a 460.

It's for windows stuff. Can I run 3 monitors off that one card though?

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
Can anyone recommend monitor mounts?

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
Need two monitors mounted, would like height and swivel adjustments. One 27", one 24".

I have a glass desk so I dont know if I need it wall mounted or could use one that clasps onto my desk?

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
Ordered the catleap 27". Will post my thoughts on it when I get it. $370 shipped to Canada.

e: Mostly getting it for just document work for screen real estate, but hopefully my GTX 460 will work for it for DOTA 2. Anyone know if it will?

Also still need recommendations for a VESA mount for it. Have a glass desk so not sure if the ones that clamp will work on it, so maybe need to look into a wall mount.

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
Just got my catleap. Looks amazing, bit of backlight bleed but no dead pixels. Amazing value for price.

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003

screaminghobo posted:

Also wondering this as I'd like to pick one up soon.

I paid no duties in canada. Greensum declared it as a $30 value.

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
What are my options for a 30" Glossy 2650x1600 display? Is there a korean equivilant of the 27"s?

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003

Thermopyle posted:

Getting on the tell-me-how-you-feel-about-Korean-monitors bandwagon: Those that have went from a matte monitor like the Dells to the glossy Koreans...how do you feel about the glossy screen?

ITS SO AMAZING GET THIS lovely COATING OFF MY DELL.

e: Before, I considered AG coating a plus. Now, I can't stand it. If you can control the lighting environment, I see no reason not to go for the glossyish types on the Korean monitors. It's gorgeous.

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
Canadian goons: XB270HU in stock at NCIX and CDW. Pre-ordered mine at NCIX a few days ago, so hopefully I get one!

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
Re: 1080p vs 1440p

If what you are looking for is the ultimate visual experience, you'll get a lot more from running 1440p on high or something, than 1080p ultra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003
Just got my acer XB270HU. No dead pixels! Oh wait theres a hair stuck under the panel in the screen so theres a 1 cm black line. gently caress.