Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghosts!
Jan 6, 2004

sarr posted:

Any U.S. goons want to try this one? https://www.microcenter.com/product...nitor_Hatchfeed

I really want 1440p on something bigger than 27" and this seems to check a lot of my boxes.

I was in the same boat and actually purchased the XB323UGX from Microcenter over the weekend. While pricy, so far I'm extremely pleased with it.

Previously I was using an Acer XB271HU which I liked well enough, but was interested in going for a larger screen as well. Unfortunately there are not a lot of options out there that are >27in, flat, 1440p, 16:9, IPS, and >100Hz refresh rate. I tried out the Dell S3220DGF, which is a 32in curved VA panel, but am sending it back after a week due to not particularly liking the curved panel, having some issues with blurry text, and problems where certain colors would not be uniform.

The XB323UGX solved all of those problems and looks really amazing to me. When I first turned it on, the default brightness on some of the profiles was surprising, but easily corrected. I just have a 1070 right now, so I'm using it at 170hz, but the games I've played so far all look excellent and very smooth. Aside from the price, the only issue that I have noticed is that it does seem to have somewhat over-saturated colors out of the box, but once I've figured out the right settings I don't expect that to be an ongoing problems. There are no reviews or any recommended settings for it that I have found, just a couple reviews on the XB323UGP. Overall, if the price is not a deterrent I'd certainly recommend it.

Your other options for 32in, flat, 1440p, 16:9, IPS, and >100Hz refresh rate seem to be:

-Acer XB323UGP - Same panel as XB323UGX, 100 dollars less, and lower refresh rate. I actually would have preferred this one, but it's not available anywhere to actually buy which is a bit of a problem.

-Asus PG329Q - Similar to the XB323UGP, but uses DP 1.2 and you can't adjust the brightness.

-MSI PS321QR- Similar to the XB323UGP but only uses DP 1.2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU