Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

It's not personal, it's strictly business.

Stan Taylor posted:

Gaming on 60hz is absolutely fine. It has been for decades. Higher refresh rates are absolutely nice but you aren't going to have a problem enjoying games at "just" 60 fps. Most console games have been running at 30fps for the past gen or two at least.
Besides, you need a pretty solid system to maintain 144hz with modern games even on FHD, which it doesn't sound like he has. Otherwise your frame rate is going to drop by like half during action or you'll have to turn down all the settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

I'm a fan of these Asus ones for cheap dual monitors (preferably with a separate stand).

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

Statutory Ape posted:

humble bundle has display fusion for ~$13, is there anything in there i'd care about as a multiple display type person that doesnt use a bottom taskbar lol
Thanks for the heads up, just grabbed it. I've used DF in the past and found it pretty indispensable with 2 monitors, even besides the taskbar stuff. I only use 1 monitor these days but have a tv now that is connected via HDMI and I'm missing all the functions/triggers that DF gives you. For instance, being able to automatically open windows in certain locations, or having a hotkey/button to do so. It has a lot of cool stuff that I use but YMMV.

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

22 Eargesplitten posted:

That's what I was thinking, but even putting a piece of cardboard between the window and the desk didn't help. I think the room lights alone are enough. Never had this happen before, but I've never had a monitor like this either. Dell S2740L, first non-matte screen.
I used to futz around with my lighting when I had a glossy monitor trying to reduce glare and honestly nothing helped that much except sitting in a very dark room. Even if you have an ideal situation with the light source behind the monitor you can still have significant amounts of glare from light reflecting off your walls unless they are a dark enough color.

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

Has anyone experienced a constant buzzing noise coming from their M32U? It's not loud but I find it quite annoying. I've tried two different monitors now and they both have this issue so I'm starting to think it's just the nature of this model? That being said, I'm surprised I can't find more people talking about this online if that's the case.

It's happening with both my PC and Macbook and I've tried every input type and using the included cables. I've also played with the monitor settings without any success. It gets considerably worse as you raise the refresh rate but even at 60hz I can hear it.

Any suggestions? Worth sending back and trying a third one? Otherwise, I really like the M32U, but this is a bit of a deal breaker for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spyde
Mar 3, 2004

VelociBacon posted:

Huh no issue like that with my m32U. Is your speaker in the monitor on maybe?
Nope, speaker is turned off (had the same thought). This is like a white noise coming from the back of the monitor.