Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sadus
Apr 5, 2004

Any hint of a U3012 yet? Is it known if 6-bit will work with the 30" screens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sadus
Apr 5, 2004

U3011 coupons changed again, same 25% discount

Dell.com posted:

Save $375 on a Dell UltraSharp U3011 30-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor with coupon code 85RMTHTH0LJ5FP
Expires Thursday, July 28, 2011

$1,499.00 - $150 instant savings - $375 = $1,124.00 + free ground shipping, hard to resist :argh:

sadus
Apr 5, 2004

HP comes to your house the next day to replace their 30"er due to it being classified as a business product.

(which I just ordered on Sunday (:swoon:), after reading several in-depth reviews and comparisons, and way too many derpy newegg comments. I later realized I could have saved hours of reading and thinking for myself if I had just stuck with the OP's recommendations here which are spot on)

sadus
Apr 5, 2004

The main decider of full screen vs windowed mode for me is if the game will let me play movies on my second monitor (a TV) while still running full screen. A few games still gently caress that up (COD7 and BF2 I'm looking at you) but a lot of them handle it properly these days. I haven't messed around with those resizing programs though so maybe there's a workaround.

I just got two cheapish 560 Ti's to game at 2650x1600, but at the most intense parts of Crysis 2 I keep crashing due to my Zalmann 750 watt power supply not being able to quite handle it. Apparently even the lower end 560 Ti's can use up to 360 watts of power each under peak load which is ridiculous. A 1200 watt PS is on its yay (Antec), I kind of needed it for the longer cables anyway.