Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiyosdad
May 5, 2004

"I wish I were a bird!"
So I bought one of those Korean IPS monitors everyone's been raving about (a FIRST FSM-270YG). I'm trying to hook it up to my laptop (using a hdmi-dvi connector, because the monitor only has dvi ports), but it's not working (the monitor is blank and the light is red instead of blue). I tried pushing the projector button to either mirror the monitor or extend my desktop, but this has no effect. Both the monitor and the cable are definitely working because the monitor shows up under devices, it just doesn't display anything. I am wondering if my graphics card is incompatible with the monitor? I have a Radeon HD 6630M. Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiyosdad
May 5, 2004

"I wish I were a bird!"
I see... On the bright side, I think my laptop does have a mini display port!