Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
the only review i could find indicates it's kind of a POS
http://www.pcmonitors.org/monitor-reviews/dell-st2320l
honestly, what's the point of having 3 displays that look crappy over 1 that looks great?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Should I forget about a u2311h for my mid 2010 macbook? The screenshots in the link don't work so I don't know if I entirely understand what the issue is.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
plus, you don't just need to buy an expensive monitor to display 120hz, you need to get a beefy enough rig to push 120fps in games.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:pwn: Yeah, I just paid around $300. Why would Dell even run an eBay store? Ebay is so hosed up.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Everyone should try setting the aspect ratio of their browser window to roughly that of a sheet of paper. It makes things so much easier to read. Maximizing on today's desktop monitors is scrub behavior.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I guess there isn't a great cheap monitor recommendation in the OP. Just go for whatever cheap acer tn panel is on newegg right now. There aren't any real options for refresh rate besides 60hz and 120hz and response times between monitors vary on the single millisecond level i.e. you won't notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What kuddles said; the brand doesn't really matter for cheap monitors although asus has a somewhat better reputation than acer for computers.