Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments
What about this?

http://www.hazro.com/index.php?pid1.html

I have heard great things about these monitors, but why the gently caress can't we have them in the US, nor have them shipped here? I mean, they are supposed to be on par with the U2711 but at $600, that makes them $500 less than Dell's site.

I have wanted to switch to an IPS, but I seriously cannot justify the price difference in the 27" category, since I am not an artist.

Edit: Also, beware that they are just now adding the shopping cart software to their website, which is why it has been down until today. The site may act funky.

archangelwar fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 28, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

Vintersorg posted:

:words:

The U2410 is only $100 off in the US, making it $499. In other words, I hate you.

I need to get a new monitor and the 24" range seems to be perfect for me. Is there any reason why I would not like the HP zr24w?

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

movax posted:

If you plan on hooking up things other than a computer to it, it is not the monitor for you (no scaler). There's also some FW bug that's detailed in the OP that a goon talked to HP about.

It will be a PC only monitor for a variety of tasks. I can use a TN panel, but I would like to treat myself to something nice (so I am considering the ASUS listed in the op as well).

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

upsciLLion posted:

If you're interested, MacMall currently has the ZR24w for $370 shipped.

So I tried buying this monitor from MacMall with my Visa, and everytime I try to checkout, it sends me to the sign up page for Verified by Visa and won't let me continue. gently caress Verified by Visa, why do they even do that?

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

Manny posted:

I've noticed more sites I use have this. Once you sign up it's just a case of typing in another password every time you purchase, just as another anti-fraud measure.

Yes, but it provides no extra protection while putting more hassle on the user, as banks are less likely to review fraudulent purchases that have been 'Verified by Visa' even though resetting the password is simple if you have any basic information on the cardholder.

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

Trickyrive posted:

Anyone?

If you like size then just get the biggest TN panel you can find for under $700. For primarily a gaming monitor, a TN is usually your best bet.

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

Space Gopher posted:

They're out there, but they're generally pretty expensive. I'd probably go with a snap-on hard case and some double-sided tape to attach it to a cheap VESA wall mount. It's not like there's a lot of weight to support.

We just Velcro'd them to the walls at work outside conference rooms to serve as calendars. Seemed to work fine.

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I'm going to buy a hardcase and then attach the case to the mount with some hardware. The plan being you can pull it away from the way and angle it depending on where you are.

I think it would be a bit easier to attach a plate to a standard VESA mount and then put Velcro on it. Would make it more easily removable in the future. Just an idea is all.

movax posted:

That's pretty awesome, but how many have been lost so far, heh. Pretty appealing to snag it off the wall.

Not expensive tablets (Android rather than iPad), and it is an engineering place. Besides, with the amount of time we spend fighting over conference rooms, we appreciate their existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

Space Gopher posted:

And if you ever want to get the Velcro off it's going to be a pain in the rear end. If you use a $5 hard case, you just snap it out and you're done.

You put the Velcro on the case. This way you only need one case, and you can attach it anywhere.