Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I'm either going to get a GTX 970 and a 144hz monitor, or a 1070 and continue using my Dell 2408WFP from 9 years ago. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

$150 for the 970, which leaves about $250 for a monitor. 24" preferred, 1200p (ok fine 1080 if I have to). In the US, online stores though as I live in rural Arkansas.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I'm with you on that. In the not-too-distant future, having a TV in your house will seem antiquated. Maybe some will still be around for group viewing, but once AR is as ubiquitous as smartphones the massive display business is going away.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Toksai posted:

Does anyone have an opinion on the Pixio Px277? It's supposed to be a $389 144hz 1440p freesync IPS monitor using the m270dan02.3 panel which is the same as the xb270hu or MG279Q. I think they're supposedly a Korean-American company, and the monitor stand looks like a terrible one that Crossover uses.

Hmm, this is what I was looking for! I've got a VESA desk mount so idgaf about the lovely stand. I have an nVidia card so the freesync is useless to me, but I'm not about to pay the gsync tax on a comparable monitor (144hz IPS)