Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So I bought a Spyder3Pro and gave it a whirl on my Dell U2410. While it does make basically all the colors look a lot better, it really bothers me how it insists on on the brightness being 120 cd/m2, which as best I can figure is achieved by setting the Brightness to 0 and the Contrast to 48. Is this the generally accepted procedure to achieve what the calibration software is asking for? I can't help but feel that whites look a lot better at higher Brigthness settings, but seeing as this is my first time with a colorimeter I figure maybe it's just me not used to how things should be normally.

E: Hell could I just ignore the request to set it to 120 cd/m2 and just keep Brightness/Contrast at 50/50 and let the calibration proceed from there?

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jan 22, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It was really just that whites, well, didn't look white. I re-did the calibration with the room lights on (thus making the ambient light output recommend 180 cd/m2 instead), and I'm much more satisfied with the result. Only had to set the brightness down to 25 this time.