Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeventySeven
Jan 18, 2005
I AM A FAGGOT WHO BEGGED EXTREMITY TO CREATE AM ACCOUNT FOR ME. PLEASE PELT ME WITH ASSORTED GOODS.
Following up on my quote in the OP, here's the Dell thread (http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/p/19343365/19738525.aspx) describing how the U2410 doesn't play nicely with DisplayPort. It may not be a Mac thing at all, since a Windows user apparently had the same problem with a HIS Radeon 5970. That said I'm sure there's many people who have no problem using the DP on the U2410, with both Mac and Windows. I don't think it's even a particular firmware fault. So buyer beware if you're planning on using the DisplayPort in the U2410, you may run in to this issue.

Also, this gem of a quote came out of the thread, from a Dell rep:

quote:

The issue has to be reported by PC users before they will do any investigation into the issue. The last time I asked engineering about a monitor issue on Macs they said, "Dell does not validate any monitors with apple platforms.".

:psyduck:

SeventySeven fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 10, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU