Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

ConfusedUs posted:

Is there a middle ground between crappy $100 TN panels with pixels the size of pebbles and super expensive IPS panels that cost $400+?

I'm looking for a good 23" or 24" monitor, at least 1920x1080, and would like to pay less than $200. Absolutely less than $250.

I'm not doing photo editing or anything that requires amazing color reproduction.

I have two ASUS VS239Hs and I love 'em to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Do you folks have any recommendations for a 24in 1080p monitor that's good for gaming? The only real requirement I have is that it has to have a thin bezel. Preferably around or under $300.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

K8.0 posted:

Why 24" 1080p? Space constraints? Weak hardware? What sort of gaming?

It's mostly space constraints; I have a 24" monitor already, and I'd rather have a second monitor than get a bigger, but still single monitor. 1080p because... well, that seems to be the sweet spot for 24".

I ended up (pre)ordering the Pixio PX248 that they just listed on Amazon for $170USD.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I just got two of them and after using them for about a week now, they are fantastic. You won't be disappointed.

Also changing the settings on the monitor involves a little clicky thumbstick on the back that is wildly, strangely satisfying to use.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Oh yeah, a couple of adjustments on the monitor settings to consider:

- Bump the Sharpness up to 75, that'll get rid of the halo effect around text and stuff
- Bump the Gamma down to 2.0 and the Saturation down to 50, the out-of-the-box settings make the colors overly rich

Everything else I think is down to personal preference.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

surf rock posted:

>85% of my second monitor's use is streaming video, so I thought the higher resolution would be nice.

That said, if there's a really highly recommended 1080p/144hz/IPS/24-inch monitor out there, I'd consider it.

I just recently bought two of these and I've been very happy with them.

https://www.amazon.com/Pixio-Radeon-FreeSync-Esports-Monitor/dp/B08GYFQD6L/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I've used these for two 24" monitors since September and I adjust them on the regular, they hold up perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DM7N5BH/