Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.
That's your greatest weapon.
On the recommendations of this thread, I went with the good ol' 27GL83A-B, and the first time I turned it on, it was great.

Every time since then, when I turn it on after it's been off for a while, the colors are atrocious, like super oversaturated or something. No settings are actually different in the monitor's OSD or on my computer. I have to either reset the "picture settings" with the OSD, or unplug and replug the HDMI cord in order to fix it. After that, it's back to normal and great for as long as I leave it on.

First pic is the bad, when I first turn it on and plug it in:

Second pic is the good, after I replug or reset picture settings:

Maybe related: the max resolution is supposed to be 2560 x 1440, right? Well I'm currently using it as a 2nd display for a Macbook Pro Retina 2015 while I wait for my PC build later this month, and apparently I can set it to 3840x2160. Aside from the above issue and a warning when I connect the HDMI that the resolution isn't supported, it seems to be running fine? I'm confused.

Anyone have any idea what's going on and how I can prevent this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU