Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
I'm looking to get back into FL after about a year of not playing but I've only used the shortlived phone app since it was something to do while I was out and there wasn't much incentive to play at home because other games took my attention. How well does this play on mobile browsers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

MelvinBison posted:

I'm looking to get back into FL after about a year of not playing but I've only used the shortlived phone app since it was something to do while I was out and there wasn't much incentive to play at home because other games took my attention. How well does this play on mobile browsers?

occasionally there's a lot of back-and-forth (say, if you want to do something to change the airs of london to get a certain option on a card) but it's perfectly serviceable

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
Am I the only person who managed to miss this obvious joke for over a decade?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_space_bats

Taberquol
Jun 16, 2012

Tolth posted:

I didn't know it was a thing!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Tolth posted:

Holy poo poo

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tolth posted:

This is brilliant, I'm so happy to learn about this.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Puns aside, what's the best way to grind echos in this game? I have never needed as much money as I do right now.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Sinteres posted:

Holy poo poo

It boggles the mind.

In other news, Nemesis part 2 has some cool stuff in it. Just had an encounter with Cardinal's Honey.

Oh, and a seemingly mandatory challenge with a 9000+ echo cost requirement and 60% success chance on it out of nowhere.

Tolth fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 22, 2020

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010

Tolth posted:

Oh, and a seemingly mandatory challenge with a 9000+ echo cost requirement and 60% success chance on it out of nowhere.

Hence my money question yes. :v:

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Double Plus Undead posted:

Hence my money question yes. :v:

Yeah. I second your question above.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Puns aside, what's the best way to grind echos in this game? I have never needed as much money as I do right now.

I only need like another 120,000 myself!

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
I just started this and was wondering if there is a beginner's do's-and-don'ts list somewhere? The OP seems dated.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Ataxerxes posted:

I just started this and was wondering if there is a beginner's do's-and-don'ts list somewhere? The OP seems dated.

The only major dont is dont sell stuff unless you have to. Youll need tons of random things later and having them laying around is better than not. (The bottom tier 'money' things are alright to sell when you need: jade, rostygold, brass, glim)

edit:
I guess "do" get a career as soon as you can (this gives a weekly income).
"Dont" max suspicion because its the only menace that can have a permanent effect.

I would avoid spoilers for a while. The game is mostly about reading when you get down to it.

FRINGE fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jan 22, 2020

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

La morte non ha sesso

Tolth posted:

In other news, Nemesis part 2 has some cool stuff in it. Just had an encounter with Cardinal's Honey.
I'm going to have to do the recap, because I don't remember anything.

quote:

Never change, Fallen London

marwood
Jan 19, 2004

Risky challenges mean you learn more.
Ain't we stinkers?

(Seriously, it's been quite moving to watch the people progressing through the Nemesis update, knowing how long we've all be working on it/playing it. Can't wait to do the others.)

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Here's a pretty thorough guide. The only thing it's missing is the "Circumspect Envoy" heist in the Flit, which comes in at about 2 EPA depending on how well your heist goes. That's been my go-to recently since it's the most convenient of those options, and it's good for Making Waves if you need those.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
Also, if someone wants to add me as an associate my ID there is: User439697

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

now what's going on here

https://twitter.com/failbettergames/status/1220733103129481216

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

welcome brigador

great chain is dead
solo nobre must fall

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

welcome brigador

great chain is dead
solo nobre must fall

I did not know I needed this until now

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

All this 10th anniversary stuff is making me think I may need to dust off my account(s) and actually start playing again.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
lol this month's exceptional story abruptly ended when I decided not to do a challenge with a zero percent success rate

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
160k echoes well spent:

UrbanUrsine
Oct 17, 2007

Aleth posted:

160k echoes well spent:

Congrats! It looks like finishing Nemesis is about to cut significantly into my cider fund.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Pattonesque posted:

lol this month's exceptional story abruptly ended when I decided not to do a challenge with a zero percent success rate

That was probably the most frustrating exceptional story I've played in a while. I felt like I was being tricked into paying for it again. A good-ending mandatory choice labeled "this might help you later, potentially" that actually has the story anticlimactically terminate 5 minutes later if you choose not to take it.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
The finale of Nemesis was everything I hoped for and more.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Feast of the rose is starting! Who wants to trade gifts? In game name is Mistress Fayette.

Okua
Oct 30, 2016

Djail here. I've sent a cat.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

marwood posted:

Ain't we stinkers?

(Seriously, it's been quite moving to watch the people progressing through the Nemesis update, knowing how long we've all be working on it/playing it. Can't wait to do the others.)

I mean, yeah, but the grind is a definite turn-off simply because it is tedious.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Up for gift trading, Sandestin in game.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

I'll be happy to trade teeth and teeth-related puns once I'm out of the Storm God's mind, possible fulmination in hand. I won't be able to go as crazy as I did last year, since I liquidated most of my assets a couple weeks ago buying my second Overgoat, but I have enough clues for a few jars.

IGN Qylvarna

Forward Toward
Aug 14, 2015

No Tank You. not today tanks. Tank you very much.

TANK TANK TANK

VRRRRRRRRRRRRR
I've sent you all some masquing gifts. Toward weaving.

vetinari100
Nov 8, 2009

> Make her pay.
Would anyone be willing to send me a Gold-Spiked Rosary? I'll send you a 40-fate gift of your choice in return. I'm Jan Silan.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

I want to make known that I'm down to fewer than 500 clues, so it will be a while before I can reciprocate the two most recent gifts I have been offered. Also that I make no promises regarding the quality of the pun or other wordplay received, but each one is hand crafted and no two are alike. I will resume handing them out as soon as I can book a few more guest lectures or enlist some more help with mirrors.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
I'm also down for Feast gift exchange.

e: Name is the same in game.

Okua
Oct 30, 2016

The fact that my persuasive is 214 instead of 215 is still bugging me, but the viric dreams make me glad I decided to get back to the game again this year. So far I've played the scenario unlocked by being a crooked-cross with the Bishop and just bought Sinning Jenny's.

TheRagamuffin posted:

I'm also down for Feast gift exchange.

e: Name is the same in game.

I've sent teeth.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Okua posted:

The fact that my persuasive is 214 instead of 215 is still bugging me

:same:

One stupid mistake and there it is, mocking me. I plan to grind the others up to 215 before fixing that one.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

CaptainSarcastic posted:

:same:

One stupid mistake and there it is, mocking me. I plan to grind the others up to 215 before fixing that one.

"ha ha, you clicked on one random option in a card and now this has happened!"

v. annoying. although to be fair the actual gameplay effect is negligible

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Bag a Legend has updated! Away I go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Hypocrisy posted:

Bag a Legend has updated! Away I go!

Yep, that's the stuff. If this is your ambition, I'd highly recommend being a correspondent for it.

I have now powered up my pony, sacrificed 3200 scraps-worth of veils-velvet for a questionable new quality, paid a visit to the Unconventional Dentist, thus acquiring some Free-Roving teeth, which then just had to be used to bite Mr Fires! Oh, and there's a whole new research lab mechanic going on in the University as well.

All these spoilers & more at my profile for anyone who isn't likely to see Bag a Legend ambition. Off to Parabola next week I guess.