Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Should I toss my Mandrake into the dark? It's a pretty desperate situation but I've grown attached to the little guy.

Edit: Nevermind. 20% success was enough for me apparently. You get to stick with me Burt.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jul 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

So regarding the August story... Of course the shamble-man did it. Why would the New Sequence need to kill the Admiral? I feel pretty silly now.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Dallan Invictus posted:

Yes, but on the other hand I don't actually care that the Admiral is dead or who killed him, and neither should you. gently caress the Sequencers and gently caress the Dawn Machine.

While I can agree with that it's not like the Admiral was a New Sequencer either. He just wanted the club to stay neutral. I should have stayed neutral and let the sea take its own justice.

Oh well, live and learn.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Exactly what do I need to do a successful Tomb of Seven expedition? In terms of stats and supplies and what not.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. Some art changes came in today?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

In regards to uncovering secrets framed in gold...Should I make the Forger go to the very end? I feel like that's kind of crazy though and I don't really want to toss the Forger away. On the other hand..I must be sure! Not sure what I must be sure of but I am very certain that I need to be sure.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Antivehicular posted:

I personally spared the Forger, and the payouts are pretty good, but I'm told that riding this train to its Forger-destroying end is where all the juicy lore lives. There's also a Fate-based option to re-befriend the Forger as if SFiG never happened in New Newgate, if you want to throw some Fate at having your cake and eating it too.

Gravy Train Robber posted:

I don't know, do you have more compassion for The Forger or The Bazaar?

Ah hell with it I need to know. I didn't get all that ruthless/heartless for nothing.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I don't know why but I can't stop fishing. I already got all of the special items but I keep on going back.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Man, I wish I knew not to finish Looking for a Stiff Drink before I had advanced my Vake hunting past a certain point.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Illustrious

Eat my confessions, betray me, it all sounds fun.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Still have plenty of menaces. Feel free to send me more requests for confessions. I am a POSI.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

What's the best way to get my scholar of the correspondence to 10 if I have already been thrown out of the University and the Palace? Mine is at 7 right now.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Woke up, lost my soul. Been making great decisions in the Neath today!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Technowolf posted:

Does anyone know how to get one's soul back?

You can spend Fate or randomly get it back from a bundle of oddities of sufficient rarity.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Whooo! Got a Blemmigan Secretary! It almost makes up for the dozens of times I had fun with orphans foolishly thinking I'd get my soul back.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Artificer posted:

Nice! Any luck on that soul yet?

What's next on the POSI thing? Do I have to wait for Opportunity Cards? What for? And how to best prepare for my mad rush for Notability and Taste of Lacre, purchasing BDR equipment?

Edit: Whoever Cornelius is, are you looking for your soul too? Or do you know someone else who would like to trade boxes of gifts more?

Nah, I got my soul back already. Thanks for asking though!

I'd get the Parthenaeum membership since it gives +4 respect.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Artificer posted:

So I need a Bringer of Death for the next step of the POSI process. Is there someone in particular I should kill? Someone who hopefully doesn't matter much and is a bit of a jerk. :v:

Orrrr I need 25 Featuring in Tales of the University and 5 Nightmares. I have 5 Featuring and 1 Nightmare. That seems like it'll take a long time.

I could also become A Veteran Spy...

Yeah I think I'm going to help the Cheesemonger out with her problems.

Well, depending on how you help the Cheesemonger you can also get a bringer of death.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Antivehicular posted:

I presume that her daughter just left to do her own thing / pursue her own life, presumably outside of the Game. The impression I get is that Alice wanted the "Cheesemonger" role to end and deliberately kept Catherine out of the Game to the extent she could.

If you decide to replace Alice you find out that her daughter is all too eager to take over that role so chances are if she escaped, she escaped to join the Game.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'd offer to help but I'm in Flute Street for the time being.

Speaking of, are there any options there that I should avoid/do last?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Okay, Flute Street is pretty awesome story wise.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Got my terrible boat and some research. Now I can get more research! Then I can bribe my way back into the University! Then I can upgrade my Scholar of the Correspondence! Then, after I get that rare opportunity, I will get my pay off for mad quest for the truth.

Hmm...I feel like I should be realizing something but it's escaping me.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

QuarkJets posted:

Anyone need an eyeless skull? Just pulled one on an expedition, and I have no need of it. Otherwise I'll just turn it into echoes

I'll take it though I'm a ways away from doing Nadir expeditions.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

QuarkJets posted:

Are you sure that you want it, then? Hand clearing isn't a thing anymore, and the skulls generate 4 different common cards that are impossible to discard and do nothing but waste actions and cause stat reductions. So you might not want it until you're ready to start the Nadir discovery

That said, if you want it anyway, let me know and I'll send it over

Eh. Never mind then.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Artificer posted:

Man I'm not sure what to do what to the Big Face. He's a dick and an rear end in a top hat but drat I guess there could be good rewards? I dunno. The rewards don't seem THAT good. What do you guys think?

Shoot him in the face for making you go through that nonsense.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

QuarkJets posted:

I'd accept a Starveling Cat, if anyone has a spare. My username is Taotipper

Enjoy your cat

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I enjoyed Flute Street and learning about the society and goals of the rubbery men.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Forward Toward posted:

Bah. Am banished. Guess it'll take a while before I can get that lovely pot of ink then.

You can get some correspondence plaques and grind it up at the university.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. I finally reached 200 base watchfulness. I ought to visit the Nadir already.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I made a Bifurcated Owl. Is that pretty much where the Labyrinth of Tigers ends for now?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. I guess that's the end of being Bound by Diocesan Intrigues.

Didn't expect to gain 32 ranks of Bringer of Death for choosing to help the invasion. Sounds like a great time.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I nuked my Connected Revolutionaries super hard but I'm ready to enter the Cave of Nadir. Maybe next time I will have any of those items that can be upgraded there.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Illustrious I'm also open to trading non-Fate gifts, if you have a preferred gift include a message with it though please understand that my supplies of certain items are lacking. Fate gifts...we'll have to arrange beforehand.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Anyone want to exchange 10 Fate gifts? I saw the Last Constable is obtainable as a companion with 40 masqueing.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

ProfessorCirno posted:

If nobody else has taken this: send me a starveling stole and tell me whatever you desire for your own 10 Fate gift, and it will be sent. Make sure to use whatever account you want the gift in, as I'll be sending it to the account that sends me the stole. In fact, it might be best to PM me your name too, to ensure someone else doesn't snipe this, just to be safe.

This offer only good for Hypocrisy. If anyone else wants to trade Fate gifts, I am open to it, but notify me - please don't just send them hoping I'll reciprocate!

Thanks! Sent you a gift from: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Illustrious

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

FRINGE posted:

Who are the formidable lady and the stiff backed young lady supposed to be? If I knew, I forgot.

Stiff backed lady is supposed to be the Last Constable.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I was just giddy when I saw the option to let the children play with my Starveling Cat in this month's story.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Aleth posted:

Oh the story was good, just the revelations about the Stags made me happy I chose the Parthenaeum.

Of course I now fully expect a future story to disclose the hidden horrors of that club, too.

It's full of rich people in Victorian England.

We are by default a hundred hundred times worse than the Stags.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

SquadronROE posted:

So I've got 103 Persuasive.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Farticus

Please add me to contacts. I need more contacts to help me get rid of scandal as I try to become the artist in residence.

I added you to my contacts contacts. Feel free to use me to get rid of whatever menaces you need. http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Illustrious

I also finally was able to get the Captivating Princess to my salon. I think overall I wasted a lot of stuff but at least I finally know what happens when she shows up. Now to figure out which 3200 scrap item to get...

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. Finished the little bonus story they have for taking part of the last few stories.

On an unrelated note...what's an efficient may to get more Echoes? I suddenly want to get a Firkin of Hesperidean Cider.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

ProfessorCirno posted:

From the sounds of it...

Jenny's plan is and has always been twofold. First, to create a London better fit to service the poor and unwanted. Tied to this, however, is her greater concern - to remove the power of those that hold London in it's grasp. She blackmails the rich, entraps the powerful, and while at one point it seemed the Masters were backing her, she has removed them from her campaign entirely - whether it is for PR reasons or more, who can say, but either way, there are few more rich and powerful then they. Truly, a candidate after my character's own heart. I have yet to see the new lore for Jenny, so as far as I know, this is where it currently sits.

Being supported by the Masters at all, even if she's now rejecting their funds, is suspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Boogaleeboo posted:

Never fall in love with bees man, that's just asking for heartache.

Unless you have 50 Fate.