Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duck Feet
Jun 30, 2010

by Ozma

Megafunk posted:

Can any of you vouch for the Nostromo/Belkin n52te or whatever you call it?

(Its ok to talk about pc gaming accessories here, right?

I had the previous version of that (or something, it wasn't Razer but it was a Nostromo like that, very similar). I bought it back when I raided in WoW, hoping it would give me easier access to the X amount of keys I needed and it did. I remember loving that thing, although I did have to figure out a scheme that would use the pad to its full extent, but once I did that I couldn't stop using it. I don't know how nice it would be for other games that don't have as many keybinds because that was my main functionality for it (tons of possible keybinds in a very accessible area). The ergonomics are pretty good and feel natural almost immediately.

One downside is if you type to chat it can get kind of annoying as you would have to switch between the pad and the keyboard, but seeing as how most people use voice programs when playing games I don't think this is that big of a con.

This is all based off of the old version, but I doubt they changed much that would change my opinions on it.

On another note, for Christmas I'm going to be getting this:

http://www.google.com/url?source=im...BNpUpejXEVYjbFQ

Cannot wait.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck Feet
Jun 30, 2010

by Ozma

Magnificent Quiver posted:

Those keyboards are literally $100+.

And thus why I would never buy one, but am glad to receive it for Christmas!

Duck Feet
Jun 30, 2010

by Ozma

Monkey vs. Banana posted:

I tried to Google it but I can't figure it out, what the gently caress is the point of a blank key-keyboard? I checked a review and some guy was talking about his old spray painted board being replaced with that one. I get some people like the clicky keys but I can't see a point to blank ones unless your training yourself to type without looking. Who would spend 100+ for that?

Oh I didn't even notice I posted the picture of the blank key, was late at night. I'm actually getting one with them printed on, the blank keys are just if you feel like you are super good at typing? I don't know. I just want the clicky keys.

Duck Feet
Jun 30, 2010

by Ozma

Starhawk64 posted:

I'm kinda curious about Windows 7's ram usage however. I have two gigs of ram on my laptop, and XP reports about 300MB used on idle. On 7, my ram used is around 800MB, almost half of my RAM! Is Windows 7 just being a memory hog, saving it until other programs need it, or is it just the fancy new GUI needing more RAM?

It's a bit of Aero being a bit more resource intensive, but for the most part is is saving it for programs. At least as far as I understand it.

• Locked thread