Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Great OP.

Add Darksiders to Action/Adventure and Duke Nukem 3D to FPSs THANKS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

americanzero4128 posted:

Personally, I like the look of it. It is the only thing that breaks up the boring-ness of my computer setup. Black and silver case, a black and silver keyboard (and yes having it light up is useful when my girlfriend is sleeping and I want to get some gaming in without having a light on and can't find insert or print screen) and a regular black LCD. I feel like the MX518 gives it some individuality, or makes it less boring. I also like the look of the G500 but I'm more worried about how it performs.

I don't think they look like bullet holes :(

Edit - screwed up links
The G500 is fantastic, I'm using one now. I got it a few months ago, after my MX518 that I had been using for 3 years started to poo poo itself.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Master_Odin posted:

As much as I dislike the pattern, it's a quality mouse and I'm happy with my purchase of it so far.

What's people's recommendation for USB based controllers for a solid D-Pad. I've got a 360 controller that I love using for any game that accepts it, but I'd rather play old emulated games for the SNES/NES as well as platformers with an actual D-Pad and not the control sticks on the pad as its D-Pad doesn't really cut it.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Silver-Controller-Play-Charge/dp/B0041HROGG/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1292820389&sr=8-8

:haw:

A Wii Classic Controller is a good bet though, but you'll need a Wiimote and a bluetooth kajigger.

edit: or apparently something like this - http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Classic-Controller-PC-USB-Adapter/dp/B003711698

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Dec 20, 2010

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I noticed that Dragon Age 2 is 60 dollars on the PC, are new PC games 60 now:smith:?

First they came for the Call of Duties...

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

ATI's drivers have significantly improved over the last couple of years. 5 years ago they used to be a loving mess, but they're fine now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I'm still using a 4870, and can run most stuff on high at an acceptable framerate at 1920x1080. I'll probably end up upgrading at some point next year, though I'm not sure if it'll be the whole system (currently have an Q9550 that still performs well) or just grab a new video card.

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Aug 3, 2011

• Locked thread