Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

I just upgraded from a 4870 to a 6850. Pretty excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Mustache Ride posted:

Does anybody have an experience using this while gaming? I've managed to get the settings on my MacBook's trackpad just right to be able to play Assassin's Creed 2 and Civ5 as well as I can as a keyboard and mouse, but haven't tried it with the Magic Trackpad yet on my Windows desktop. I'd be interested to know if it would work for couch gaming.

I'm kind of wondering why anyone would want to buy this.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Heatsets are terrible.

I clip one of these onto my HD555s and it's awesome.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

I would play a really violent third person shooter with Miis/Xbox avatars.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Hoodrich posted:

http://uk.kotaku.com/5789088/world-exclusive-first-look-under-the-hood-of-the-next-unreal-engine

drat this is gorgeous. I think the craziest part is the smoke from the cigarette. Also I would play the poo poo out of a game like the one shown off.

As much as I like this, I am disappointed that most of this is years from actual use since everything is developed for the 360 and PS3.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

That clip on Athlon Xp coolers still gives me nightmares.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

I tried gaming from my couch with a mouse and keyboard and decided that there is no comfortable way to do this, especially without looking like a total sperglord.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

kri kri posted:

Read like the last 10 pages or so. or dont. the right answer is:

Sennheiser HD555
Desktop Mic/Zalman clip mic

This is my setup and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

For that price you can already have two of them...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834200302

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

The one I posted has 1gb more vram :smugdog:

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

They could have easily put the same stuff in a small box with an HDMI out and talked to developers about having a configuration that ran solid on whatever they have in it. It'd cut costs and you'd be able to target your console games by letting them use the controllers they already have.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

mcvey posted:

I wonder how many they will actually sell.

One. I argued with a guy on Facebook because he said he will buy one because of that sweet rear end UI. "Money is not an issue".

Then I realized that I'm just as stupid as he is because I argued on facebook.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

GreenBuckanneer posted:

If I already have a good headphones like HD555 and I need a decent mic badly, but I'm dirt poor, what should I do?
I have this. It's fantastic.
http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324313561&sr=8-1

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Praseodymi posted:

Regardless of the save and quit thing, the inability to pause is an even more bullshit idea. And for all their whining about the "experience" I can't be bothered playing any more without a decent co-op.

Not really, no. You can be invaded and such. How would that work if you were paused? Multiplayer is a pretty big part of the game.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Praseodymi posted:

Not for me, I played it offline. I couldn't be bothered to wait for the PS3 to install 6 months of updates just so I could get griefed by Demon's Souls even more.

I didn't have the internet until two months after I finished Dark Souls but I just accepted the fact that I can't pause because I'm not a huge baby.

:qq: I want this really hard game but please guys, lemme pause. Quicksaves, I'd like quicksaves because I don't want to have to actually play the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Praseodymi posted:

What do you do if you have to go to the door, or the phone rings?

Die

• Locked thread