Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

PC gamer chiming in to say killer OP. Good work.

I've been thinking about upgrading my rig. My 8800 GTX was boss back when the first Bioshock came out, but that was before they introduced PCI Express 2.0, which my motherboard doesn't have. I've been reluctant to upgrade because switching out motherboards would be a bitch, but I suppose you gotta move on sometime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Fil5000 posted:

You'll probably end up needing a new PSU as well though - it looks as though the 8xxx series came out in 2006, so your PSU is probably a) a bit underpowered for current graphics cards (though can't say that without you telling us what it is) and b) a bit long in the tooth.

I have a 1000+ KW PSU, plenty for running one graphics card, though I suspect I may need to upgrade if I'm going to SLI any of the newer cards.

• Locked thread