Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«21 »
uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

No problem happy to help.

Also never mind streaming isn't available in the 3rd world nation of Europe yet so whatever.

Goddamn I hate regional licensing poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it

Grimey Drawer

Spotify is surprisingly robust for classical music

Cobaltshift
Jul 15, 2013

Spotify has a great collection, and most people I know who are currently recording in the brass world tend to make their music available there.

firebad57
Dec 29, 2008

Not sure who this will interest, but I'm doing a new project where I leavestream my classical guitar practice on Twitch (and YouTube).

https://www.twitch.tv/mobiusmatt/

The goal is to stream real practice, not perform for Twitch chat or anything like that. I'll be doing my normal practice as a professional classical musician, but I'll be talking through it a bit (if there are enough viewers to warrant it).

I'll be going live in a few if ppl want to check it out.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Cobaltshift posted:

Spotify has a great collection, and most people I know who are currently recording in the brass world tend to make their music available there.

I wasn't arguing against Spotify, it's primarily what I use. My post was an attempt to answer an earlier question about Classical Streaming apps that don't gently caress up the metadata like Spotify, Pandor, et al.

Cobaltshift
Jul 15, 2013

XBenedict posted:

I wasn't arguing against Spotify, it's primarily what I use. My post was an attempt to answer an earlier question about Classical Streaming apps that don't gently caress up the metadata like Spotify, Pandor, et al.

Oh, sorry! I missed that, thought people were just saying what they use haha

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it

Grimey Drawer

firebad57 posted:

Not sure who this will interest, but I'm doing a new project where I leavestream my classical guitar practice on Twitch (and YouTube).

https://www.twitch.tv/mobiusmatt/

The goal is to stream real practice, not perform for Twitch chat or anything like that. I'll be doing my normal practice as a professional classical musician, but I'll be talking through it a bit (if there are enough viewers to warrant it).

I'll be going live in a few if ppl want to check it out.

Cool idea! As an euphonium player, I don't think I'd be willing to subject the world to my practice :v . Missed the stream but checked out the video.

And jesus, a goon who looks like a well-adjusted and fashionable individual! We have ourselves a rare find here, dear viewers.

firebad57
Dec 29, 2008

Mederlock posted:

Cool idea! As an euphonium player, I don't think I'd be willing to subject the world to my practice :v . Missed the stream but checked out the video.

And jesus, a goon who looks like a well-adjusted and fashionable individual! We have ourselves a rare find here, dear viewers.

I don't think of myself as either of those things, but I'll take it!

Also - I'm not so concerned with the WHAT as much as the HOW in terms of streaming practice. Like, I'd love to hear a brass player or a pianist or a cellist or an oboeist do real practice, especially on rep. And especially if they were to talk through their process. Sure, I might not want to listen to 30 min of long tones without explanation for why the person is doing what they're doing, but I think people like watching experts be experts, so you might be surprised!

I've got big plans for the stream. I've currently figured out ways to get my sheet music up on screen (I read off an iPad, and it's relatively easy to capture from) and stuff like rep counters and the like, but currently my laptop can't handle any of that stuff. Going to turn some gig paychecks into some better PC hardware soon to upgrade the stream/video setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobaltshift
Jul 15, 2013

Streaming your practice, pretty cool! I'm sure it helps you keep focused during your practice session, plus then you have quality video of all of your practice to go back to for self critique! Good stuff! I think recording your playing and listening back to it is a sure fire way to improve your playing.

«21 »