Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jul 3, 2004

careful!

algebra testes posted:

Piano Sonatas. I'm digging Schubert and Beethoven.

What else do people like?

Brahms' is usually known for his other piano works, but he has 3 excellent piano sonatas. I like his sonatas for piano and violin even more.

Rachmaninoff's piano sonatas are incredible... plenty of great recordings out there.

Mozart's are among my favorites. I own more complete collections of Mozart's piano sonatas than anyone else.

Prokofiev also has some awesome piano sonatas. His 6/7/8 are referred to as his war sonatas and are all excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Kanye West - Touch the Sky

algebra testes posted:

Piano Sonatas. I'm digging Schubert and Beethoven.

What else do people like?

Haydn for that general period.

For fun, try the Ives "Concord" sonata.