Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
I can hear what you mean, but not exactly. Beethoven had huge influence on romanticism, especially in the later era with mixing minor and major keys at will and dissolving the calssisict structures in music. But I don't hear a direct correlation between these two parts. The theme and melody are different I feel.

Maybe some goon with more knowledge has something to add?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
Anyone know if you can watch the documentary "Desert Fugue" Wiki without having to import the CD Box?

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
Hilary Hahn is SIGNING CDS IN THE INTERMESSION!!!
Gonna see the Mendelsohn concerto which imo she is one of the best at.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Franchescanado posted:

Can I get some suggestions for modern composers and/or compositions? Maybe with an emphasis on brass and woodwind arrangements?

Kjartan Sveinsson's Der Klang der Offenbarung des Göttlichen is good, tbh. It's new, atleast.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPhkZW_jwc0