Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
A friend and I were watching poorly rated movies on netflix and decided to make a podcast out of it. $50 later and I own the domain Bad Netflix for 5 years...

BadNetflix
iTunes | Website | Facebook

Genre
Movies

Release Schedule
Weekly

Goons
Rabble

Description
Once a week we talk about a movie that's rated less than three stars on Netflix. It's a real freeform structure; which just means we have no idea what we are doing, don't plan or edit, and talk over each other constantly. At the end we come up with a drinking game, which is the one area of the podcast I think is actually getting better.

What I need
We're not really looking to do this for profit or anything, just a fun side hobby. But it would be nice if I could finally get a set-up that didn't make it sound like amateur hour.

My current set-up is:
Behringer B-1 Condenser Mic (new for the last podcast...judge dredd)
Behringer 302usb mixer
Apple Garageband
2x over the ear headphones and splitter (so we can hear our voices)

All of this is set up in my living room, on the coffee table. I'm planning on getting a second mic eventually but that would require me to get a mixer with 2+ mic ports that can output to USB...those aren't exactly cheap. I'm not sure what to do, any advice would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

codyclarke posted:

Not sure if you already know this, but the star ratings that appear on Netflix are based on your own taste as determined by other films or shows you've rated on there, not based on all ratings the film or show has received. So, they aren't necessarily poorly-rated films or shows, Netflix just doesn't think you'll like them.

Sounds like a fun premise for a show though, and I wish you success with it!

Yeah I heard that this was the case. I'm using a blank profile without rating anything so hopefully I'm getting base ratings...who knows. However, I can confirm that the movies we watch are pretty drat bad.

Rabble fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 6, 2016