Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I cohost two podcasts currently. I think they're pretty funny.

Stuff Weekly (Itunes) (RSS) is another show about people discussing weird news stories, but I think we're much funnier than all the others. We're on Episode 40 now and haven't missed a week since we started back in May and I think it really just gets better and better.

This Week In The Apocalypse (RSS) is a bi-weekly show that normally consists of a panel of four to seven people debating how humanity would far in various apocalyptic scenarios. Currently on Episode 19, the first two episodes were before we really found our footing and are a bit of a clusterfuck, but the third episode and most of the subsequent ones are a lot of fun. We even deviate a little and just go for episodes debating which fictional character would win in a fight. It's got more of a focus, I guess, than SW and is nearing the end of its run.

If any of you guys ever listen, leave a comment at the website or PM me with some criticism or just to say what you hated/liked about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Oh man, I haven't checked this thread in awhile. krushgroove, to address your problem from almost a month ago, I've always had a hard time direct-downloading Stuff Weekly/TWIA as well. This is normally alleviated if I paste the URL into a downloading client, like BitComet or something. Hopefully that works and if any of you guys have actually listened to our stuff, I'd love some feedback. I think I'll take some time this week and listen to you guys' podcasts as well.

Additionally, I joined the Gooncasts wiki, but can't create a new page. Zuh?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

krushgroove posted:

For the wiki, did you go to http://gooncasts.wikidot.com That's the second site I make a wiki on, the first one wasn't that great. Gooncasts.com points to the wikidot site. Unfortunately I have to approve everyone who wants to make a page, but at least you can update it forevermore afterwards.

I applied there, yeah. My account is "stuffweekly," if you need to approve that.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm down. It will force me to finally listen to you guys' stuff like I've been meaning to.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

A lot of people I know use Blue Snowballs, though I got a pretty good deal on a Blue Yeti recently and switched to that.

Also, I still can't make a page on the GoonCasts wikidot. : /

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Oh... there's a "join" button. Under the "join" page.

I am an idiot. Carry on.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I hate plugging, but I guess I wanted to plug our big '50th Episode,' which is... like a regular episode of Stuff Weekly, but it's the 50th one. We're not even sure how it got to 50 episodes, since our calendar is off and it either has not been or has been more than 50 weeks. We're... inept.

Podcast here

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

It's a busy week (finals and loooong term papers), which is my excuse for not contributing more to this discussion or the workshop.

However, I'll gladly pony up some cash for a banner. On the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Little Mac posted:

I cohost two podcasts currently. I think they're pretty funny.

Stuff Weekly
(Itunes)
(RSS) is another show about people discussing weird news stories, but I think we're much funnier than all the others. We're on Episode 40 now and haven't missed a week since we started back in May and I think it really just gets better and better.

This Week In The Apocalypse (RSS) is a bi-weekly show that normally consists of a panel of four to seven people debating how humanity would far in various apocalyptic scenarios. Currently on Episode 19, the first two episodes were before we really found our footing and are a bit of a clusterfuck, but the third episode and most of the subsequent ones are a lot of fun. We even deviate a little and just go for episodes debating which fictional character would win in a fight. It's got more of a focus, I guess, than SW and is nearing the end of its run.

If any of you guys ever listen, leave a comment at the website or PM me with some criticism or just to say what you hated/liked about it.

So I posted this way back in 2011, which is crazy. I figure I can repost, though. In the interim, Stuff Weekly has continued, TWITA reached its end (there were no more Apocali), we had a really awful failed show called Terrible Awful Show (self-fulfilling prophecy), and added a video podcast. We try to keep all our shows around an hour and they normally hover around that time period so they're not too much of a time drain.

Stuff Weekly
(Itunes)
(RSS)
Stuff Weekly is still the same show it was when I added it to the Gooncasts wiki, except then we were fast approaching Episode 50 - now we're fast approaching Episode 200. That's pretty insane. Myself and three co-hosts talk about horrifying, hilarious, heartwarming, and other H-adjectives news stories from around the world (but more often than not, from Florida)!

Cartridge Blowers
Youtube
RSS
A bi-weekly video game show where each week four hosts (three of the same hosts from Stuff Weekly plus another) play games based around a randomly chosen theme. The catch? All the players must choose games they've never played before! Will you play the shittiest game in history? I have. A lot. Occasionally we have special guests (our most popular one was Josh and Jaxxy from the Jaxamoto Youtube channel) and some of our themes are kinda crazy. I highly recommend the Nick Arcade Challenge Weeks, where we put our skills to the test against bite-sized challenges the other hosts came up with. It's a lot of fun if you like video games and funny people who are, mostly, bad at them.