Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazzcactus
May 17, 2004

Rising up from the heat of the desert!
This may have been discussed already in the thread but a quick question.

Does the prestige of the school you attend in order to receive your BSCS matter? I was bent on attending a tier one school (University of Minnesota) and I just looked and found a state run college that offers a bachelors in computer science for a mere fraction of the cost of my preferred school. Will I be laughed at with such a degree or do internships, actual knowledge, and not being a dumb rear end have more merit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzcactus
May 17, 2004

Progressive JPEG posted:

In any case it's likely worth finding out whether the alternative's program is good, regardless of its prestige level.

What criteria should I be looking for when judging?

Jazzcactus
May 17, 2004

unsanitary posted:

Which school is it?

I am considering Metro State because of the availability and the price.