Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«671 »
Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Arcsquad12 posted:

And there's always millenia's and Naky's weapon mods which turn New Vegas's comically huge arsenal into something approaching "enuff dakka".

Did Millennia ever really transition to Fallout 4? He did the shotgun and combat rifle retextures and the SIG P226, but I've seen nothing since. Did he just drop off the map or find a new game to cram a thousand weapons into?

He's got a job at Edge Case Games now, making Fractured Space spaceships. I see him on the official discord every now and then and he's still a loving wizard, so it's definitely the same guy.

what was that gun he kept getting bothered to model? like I know people had every request under the sun but there was one which seemed to get a lot of perennial requests, by which I mean whiny demands. I remember naky being grumpy about it. I want to bring that up and see if he remembers it

could've been the RU-556?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

He did make a ruger 556 but Naky's version is better and I figure millennia just felt like "guys there's already a superb one out there stop asking me".

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

#RXTREVOLUTIONFOREVER6

Got a new laptop and its been so long that I forgot how to put mods in with FOMM, is the Nexus MM worth using since I didn't see it in the 7 year old OP?

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Nmm is fine, but MO is still your best bet until the revamped NMM (which the MO guy is apparently working on) comes out.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

#RXTREVOLUTIONFOREVER6

Any good step by step sites showing how to use it because all the videos I've watched are pretty much trash and old.

Kitfox88
Aug 20, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

1. Open ESP in FNVEdit.
  2. Make Modifications.
  3. Test in-game.
  4. Open in FNVEdit again, gently caress around until you break it.
  5. Restore from backup.
  6. Repeat.

Edit: I'll try and be slightly more helpful: The best way to learn to do it is to do it. Just open it up and start thwackin' away at it. Sounds like you'll want to edit the leveled lists entries.

I took your advice and went butcher pete on it and near as I can tell it's steady and stable with only the ma deuce available. Thanks mate.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

Any good step by step sites showing how to use it because all the videos I've watched are pretty much trash and old.

I figured out how to use MO from the skyrim modding thread, IIRC. It's not too hard once you learn a little bit.

Kitfox88
Aug 20, 2007

Anyone have any like, beginner guides to modifying meshes? I want to remove the neck covers from ADAM Reborn because they're clipping for some reason, along with the dumb metal water tin thing on the back of the ranger patrol armor since it makes a few weapons clip when holstered since it's at a different angle, but I have no idea how or where to start with it.

Arcsquad12
Mar 4, 2013

I Love Satan

Kitfox88 posted:

Anyone have any like, beginner guides to modifying meshes? I want to remove the neck covers from ADAM Reborn because they're clipping for some reason, along with the dumb metal water tin thing on the back of the ranger patrol armor since it makes a few weapons clip when holstered since it's at a different angle, but I have no idea how or where to start with it.

Download Nifskope to begin with. That will allow you to access the meshes. from there, you can select certain sections of the mesh to delete them. I'm not sure about the ADAM neck cover, but it might be removable. (I think it came from GOPHER's neck cover mod?) As for the Ranger Patrol Armor, I don't think that one can be easily removed because it's part of the torso mesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 20, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

Download Nifskope to begin with. That will allow you to access the meshes. from there, you can select certain sections of the mesh to delete them. I'm not sure about the ADAM neck cover, but it might be removable. (I think it came from GOPHER's neck cover mod?) As for the Ranger Patrol Armor, I don't think that one can be easily removed because it's part of the torso mesh.

Yeah, I was able to remove the parts of the ranger combat armor that were clipping pretty easily. No idea how to remove the patrol armor tin can though, but the neck clipping was the real killer for me.

«671 »