Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Does anyone have any recommendations for a clothing/armor variety mod? Specifically one that doesn't require a weird looking body replacement mod?

I want to mix it up but I don't want to replace the normal bodies with uncanny valley big-boobed mannequins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

PinheadSlim posted:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a clothing/armor variety mod? Specifically one that doesn't require a weird looking body replacement mod?

I want to mix it up but I don't want to replace the normal bodies with uncanny valley big-boobed mannequins.

Tammer's bashed outfits

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

If you want to grudge post about things you should at least get basic facts correct. Those are from Games, as a reference to Streets of Rage, and were given out to people over the summer who donated to bail funds.

oh look another epic cspam gangtag guy lol. stfu

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

PinheadSlim posted:

spice of life has a vanilla bodies patch but its hosted on some shady looking blog

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Arcsquad12 posted:

Tammer's bashed outfits

Thank you very much, this is perfect!

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

This Tammer guy has some pretty rad mods.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
So I decided to go "screw it" and reinstalled Freeside Open on a new character, got all the newest Bounties compatibility patches which folks on the nexus share that they work. We shall see. Currently running an energy weapons/science/sneak character who's stuck-up, selfish, and working for House.

EDIT: Just realized of all the ending achievements I have on this steam account, the only one I got was House's already. Alright, not continuing this character, back to my NCR-good Courier for another run.

Crazy Joe Wilson fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 12, 2021

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Freeside Food
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/71268

quote:

Adds a lore friendly, True to vanilla food store to Freeside across the street from the Kings with a fully voiced and lip synced vendor, with one quest I used to familiarize myself with the New Vegas Geck.

The first part of my upcoming mod series. More info soon.

Food stores across the mojave?

e;

quote:

Final Thoughts

"I don't like mods that use naughty words!" - Don't Download it
"The dialog YOU wrote expressed opinions I disagree with!" - Good
"I Found a bug, this is garbage" - If your nice about it I usually fix things real quick

lol not sure where this is coming from. This is their first and only mod so far.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 12, 2021

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I'm really wondering what all these swear words and offensive opinions are, they must be real humdingers

gently caress it, gonna install it and find out

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

MariusLecter posted:

Freeside Food
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/71268

Food stores across the mojave?

e;

lol not sure where this is coming from. This is their first and only mod so far.

uhhh

e: I've never actually uploaded anything to the nexus, I'm assuming adult content is just a flag the creator puts on their own work? Is it 'adult content' because it involves some swearing?

PinheadSlim posted:

I'm really wondering what all these swear words and offensive opinions are, they must be real humdingers

gently caress it, gonna install it and find out

Please report back, I'm super curious now

Garrand fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 12, 2021

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Apparently there's a quest that starts with a bloody note. I'm gonna pass on this, just wanted a loving grocery store.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

MariusLecter posted:

Apparently there's a quest that starts with a bloody note. I'm gonna pass on this, just wanted a loving grocery store.

Was it going to be a cannibal grocery store?

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Garrand posted:

Please report back, I'm super curious now

It's actually really bad so far, and all I've done is walk into the store and talk to the guy behind the counter named "Morgan" who asks me to find his buddy Arthur.

The NPC is fully voiced, but every line is full of lipsmacking and sounds kinda lovely, but what's much worse is what this dork has to say. First I asked him what he sold, and he calls me the hard R-word. Then I ask him to tell me about himself, which was a very big mistake.

He claims to have come from a small town in Florida where he lived with his merchant parents, and apparently his dad was abusive towards him and his mother. So one day Morgan kills his dad and takes all of his merchant profits to gently caress off and open a hotel. That's seriously his goal. For some reason he gets in a boat and just sails west until he gets to Texas, which he claims is filled with inbred hicks and nothing else. He refers to it as "The Lone Chromosome State" before moving on. He then just starts heading West until he hits the Legion, who apparently tried to kill him on sight for some reason. He narrowly avoids them and keeps travelling eventually hearing about New Vegas (Literally just now. Why would he want to travel West to open a hotel if he didn't even know New Vegas or the NCR existed????), so he decides to head there. By the time he's gotten to Vegas he has spent most of his fathers fortune on "Chems, Liquor, and (Unkind name for sex-workers)" so cannot afford to open his dream hotel. Instead he is able to buy some bulk food off of the Crimson Caravan for a good deal (Impressive considering the food shortage), and for literally no reason at all calls Alice McLafferty the c-word. After she gave him a good price for the food. Wtf.

When asked about the NCR he says they're okay, but that he's into "personal liberty" way more and talks about how in an ideal world New Vegas would be completely independent. When asked how he feels about the Legion, he says he feels that anyone following them has an extremely low IQ and deserves to be killed "in the most spectacular fashion imaginable"

I am exactly two minutes and one conversation into this mod.

Oh and I forgot, the item he has the most of in his shops inventory is dog meat? Nine pieces of it lol.

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 12, 2021

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

loving :lmao:

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

PinheadSlim posted:

It's actually really bad so far, and all I've done is walk into the store and talk to the guy behind the counter named "Morgan" who asks me to find his buddy Arthur.

The NPC is fully voiced, but every line is full of lipsmacking and sounds kinda lovely, but what's much worse is what this dork has to say. First I asked him what he sold, and he calls me the hard R-word. Then I ask him to tell me about himself, which was a very big mistake.

He claims to have come from a small town in Florida where he lived with his merchant parents, and apparently his dad was abusive towards him and his mother. So one day Morgan kills his dad and takes all of his merchant profits to gently caress off and open a hotel. That's seriously his goal. For some reason he gets in a boat and just sails west until he gets to Texas, which he claims is filled with inbred hicks and nothing else. He refers to as "The Lone Chromosome State" before moving on. He then just starts heading West until he hits the Legion, who apparently tried to kill him on sight for some reason. He narrowly avoids them and keeps travelling eventually hearing about New Vegas (Literally just now. Why would he want to travel West to open a hotel if he didn't even know New Vegas or the NCR existed????), so he decides to head there. By the time he's gotten to Vegas he has spent most of his fathers fortune on "Chems, Liquor, and (Unkind name for sex-workers)" so cannot afford to open his dream hotel. Instead he is able to buy some bulk food off of the Crimson Caravan for a good deal (Impressive considering the food shortage), and for literally no reason at all calls Alice McLafferty the c-word. After she gave him a good price for the food. Wtf.

When asked about the NCR he says they're okay, but that he's into "personal liberty" way more and talks about how in an ideal world New Vegas would be completely independent. When asked how he feels about the Legion, he says he feels that anyone following them has an extremely low IQ and deserves to be killed "in the most spectacular fashion imaginable"

Oh and I forgot, the item he has the most of in his shops inventory is dog meat? Nine pieces of it lol.

So Nexus' next hot mod then

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Magmarashi posted:

So Nexus' next hot mod then

One of the most popular FO4 mods of the month is a collection of lovingly crafted mutilated women :nws: :nms:

Give it another year and the 'Slab is the more sane of the two sites :sigh:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I found his buddy Arthur.

He was dead, next to two guys in their underwear who were also dead. I find a note on the ground titled "Dumb Bitch", hoo boy. Before I can read it I'm jumped by two NPCs named "thug" wearing leather armor. I kill them both pretty easily and holy poo poo, between these two guys alone they had 23 bottles of various booze, 18 Med-X, 12 Psycho, and 9 Mentats.

I read the note and the note is written to Arthur, from some other guy I think named Raymond. The note explains that Raymonds wife apparently was cheating on him with her ex-boyfriend, and she stole a bunch of chems from him because she was an addict. For some reason the ex-boyfriend connects it to Arthur, literally unexplained. Arthur was apparently killed by angry drug dealers, and my next objective is to tell Morgan. I do and he says "Aw that sucks" and pays me like 300 caps. You can complain for more but there is no barter check, he just says no.

Quest completed, no new dialogue options.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

quote:

Changelog:

added male corpses

Hey come on, be fair. There's male corpses too now!

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I suddenly feel better about my little food mod.

Speaking of modding, I am on the stage editing the food items I added to makes sure that they and the orginal Fallout 4 recipes have the similar effects. YaoGui Ribs has 15 Damage Resistance for 60 minutes, does feel a little high for New Vegas?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is that 60 minutes ingame or 60 minutes real-time?

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I believe it's 60 minutes IRL time, as the alcohol buff time is given as four minutes.

There is an item in New Vegas that also gives damage resistance, Battle Brew, gives DR for four minutes. It's also considered an alcohol, so I'm not sure if that factors into the effect time or not.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Twincityhacker posted:

I believe it's 60 minutes IRL time, as the alcohol buff time is given as four minutes.

There is an item in New Vegas that also gives damage resistance, Battle Brew, gives DR for four minutes. It's also considered an alcohol, so I'm not sure if that factors into the effect time or not.

Alcohol has addiction chance.

e;
I think there is a Alcohol categorization and Alcohol effect that are two separate things.

I really should recall this better, ive been working on a Miracle Tonics mod with plenty of alcoholic mixed tonics.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Feb 12, 2021

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

YaoGui meat, raw since there is no in-game cooking recipes for it, gives a flat 10% damage increase for two minutes. Maybe 15 DR for four minutes since you cook it?

I think I messed up how HP is added as well. Most of the cooked stuff gives ex. 1 HP for 30 seconds, while I have it calculated as like 2 HP for 15 seconds.

Twincityhacker fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Feb 12, 2021

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Twincityhacker posted:

YaoGui meat, raw since there is no in-game cooking recipes for it, gives a flat 10% damage increase for two minutes. Maybe 15 DR for four minutes since you cook it?

It's pretty simple to create your own recipes and forms for cooked items.

Here's a recipe tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jDloCLWFYc
This is a good youtuber that has plenty of content that would help you with what youre doing.

e;
Okay, for "Wasteland Gatorade" it'll require the Bottle That Blood mod, do you all think a bottle of blood or blood pack should need, bottled water and sugar bombs?
A lot of these tonics will have low effect threshold but last a lot longer than most ingame foods and chems.

Like this one will restore about 1/3 the h20 of regular filtered water but last three times as long.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Feb 12, 2021

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

MariusLecter posted:

It's pretty simple to create your own recipes and forms for cooked items.

Here's a recipe tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jDloCLWFYc
This is a good youtuber that has plenty of content that would help you with what youre doing.

I know how to make a food item and make a recipe for it in the GECK. I am worried that I am making my food items too OP for the game.

MariusLecter posted:

e;
Okay, for "Wasteland Gatorade" it'll require the Bottle That Blood mod, do you all think a bottle of blood or blood pack should need, bottled water and sugar bombs?
A lot of these tonics will have low effect threshold but last a lot longer than most ingame foods and chems.

Like this one will restore about 1/3 the h20 of regular filtered water but last three times as long.

Makes sense. And I would roll with dirty water and sugar bombs.

Twincityhacker fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 12, 2021

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I would like to see more junk and prewar food types get a buff. Old World Gourmet helps but there's an overall lack of recipes for the prewar stuff

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

I would like to see more junk and prewar food types get a buff. Old World Gourmet helps but there's an overall lack of recipes for the prewar stuff

I think the only thing I added that used Pre-War food was the Dirty Wastelander which uses Nuka-Colas. The idea of 1.0 of the food mod is to give every vanilla meat and egg item a cooked version and a superior cooked version. Kinda like the teas in Fallout 76 - Simple, Steeped and Infused. Like you can just survive in the Mojave with just a source of clean water, some planters, and your weapon of choice.

After I make all the recipes for the new food items and release 1.0, I think I might add something beyond Mac & Cheese & Cram.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

PinheadSlim posted:

First I asked him what he sold, and he calls me the hard R-word.

Yeah, I figured that's the kind of thing someone means when they say "naughty words". Just swearing is so Gen-X

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

oHUD took a poo poo and stopped displaying my compass, disabled it for now - the only thing I was really using it for was displaying hardcore needs, are there any better mods for doing that with?

I've also got a pretty consistent crash every time the Nightkin in Novac decloaks, not sure where to begin diagnosing it; don't think I have a mod that touches Nightkin :shrug:

E: Turns out the crash is every time I deal damage! :yeah: I did uninstall WMX because of the holy word of Viva New Vegas. Maybe I hosed things by doing that. Also EVE because I finally realised it sucks.

Nobody Interesting fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 13, 2021

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Some more loving around shows that it maybe has something to do with NPCs turning hostile / attacking me. For whatever reason I can shoot Boone over and over and he just takes it without turning hostile and the game doesn't crash. If I run tai to disable AI and then shoot a Brahmin, no crash. If I toggle AI back on and the brahmin becomes aggressive - crash.

wat

E: Here's my load order in case anything jumps out to anyone.

E2: THE SAGA IS OVER. Reloading an earlier save and moving around a bit fixed it.

E3: The saga is NOT over. The reason reloading that earlier save worked because I hadn't done some inventory management. Giving Boone a 10mm pistol and 10mm ammo and THEN shooting someone is causing the crash.

:shrug:

Nobody Interesting fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 14, 2021

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Did you rebuild your merged patch after uninstalling those mods? Only thing I can think of besides the fact that uninstalling those particular mods mid playthrough is probably a bad idea for reasons you're experiencing.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Yeah I did, it's one I made manually to make sure NVCE's faces were being applied to NPCs that JSawyer also touches.

Bit more digging: The crash happens if I give Boone a weapon and then enter combat. I can also give him a weapon during combat and it'll crash instantly.

So something is loving with companions choosing which weapon to use or something?

E: It's just the Mercenary's Grenade Launcher. If I give him the launcher + 40mm grenades and then either enter combat or while I'm already in it, the game crashes. SO something is loving with Boone's ability to use a grenade launcher.

Nobody Interesting fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 14, 2021

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Is there an animation replacer for the grenade launcher? Can you use it?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

I can use it fine, yeah. I think there's a few changes to the grenade rifle in the anniversary anim pack but disabling THAT didn't seem to help. I'll take a look and see if any other mods are touching it

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I would just delete whatever the grenade rifle .nif is and see if that'll fix it. You'll lose out on new animations for it but if it works, it works.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

No dice on just hiding the nif.

At the very least it does just seem to be that one grenade rifle. So long as I don't give it to Boone we're good :shrug:

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

I made a mod for New Vegas that adds a simple cooked meat recipe for each meat, a complex food item and recipe for meat, a boiled egg for each egg in the game, and a more complex omelet for each egg in the game. Also includes Broc Flower Tea for funsies.

EDIT: I forgot the meshes and textures I used weren't all vanilla assets. Will re-upload when I am more awake.

Twincityhacker fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Feb 14, 2021

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

PinheadSlim posted:

He claims to have come from a small town in Florida where he lived with his merchant parents, and apparently his dad was abusive towards him and his mother. So one day Morgan kills his dad and takes all of his merchant profits to gently caress off and open a hotel. That's seriously his goal. For some reason he gets in a boat and just sails west until he gets to Texas, which he claims is filled with inbred hicks and nothing else. He refers to it as "The Lone Chromosome State" before moving on. He then just starts heading West until he hits the Legion, who apparently tried to kill him on sight for some reason. He narrowly avoids them and keeps travelling eventually hearing about New Vegas (Literally just now. Why would he want to travel West to open a hotel if he didn't even know New Vegas or the NCR existed????), so he decides to head there. By the time he's gotten to Vegas he has spent most of his fathers fortune on "Chems, Liquor, and (Unkind name for sex-workers)" so cannot afford to open his dream hotel. Instead he is able to buy some bulk food off of the Crimson Caravan for a good deal (Impressive considering the food shortage), and for literally no reason at all calls Alice McLafferty the c-word. After she gave him a good price for the food. Wtf.

Many (maybe even most) quest mods on the nexus are like that too. Hell, even the much beloved and cherished New Vegas Bounties has a ton of edginess to it. Many NV fans, much like Majora's Mask and Watchman fans, don't really *get* it, and think "it's good because it's dark". Thus the insufferable edge.

Nobody Interesting posted:

E: Turns out the crash is every time I deal damage! :yeah: I did uninstall WMX because of the holy word of Viva New Vegas. Maybe I hosed things by doing that. Also EVE because I finally realised it sucks.

If you don't mind me asking, what's your beef with E.V.E.? I've been using it for years and have always loved it.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I vaguely recall EVE causing memory leaks during the session or accumulating assets over the course of your save, or something like that. But last I played was years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
EVE was, to my memory, extremely unoptimized, not very compatible, and made a lot of changes that altered the art design of the weapons, not to mention it kinda goes way overboard and tries to cover as much of the screen as possible with the special effects.

At least, that's how I felt when I stopped using it, years ago, and to my knowledge it never got any updates.