Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

MariusLecter posted:

Lot of people here in Texas use 5.56 as varmint rounds. So to me that fit just by the name alone.

Texas was eaten by radioactive tornados, they no longer count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
jsawyer ultimate mentat addicted lizards who suck you off

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Bogart posted:

jsawyer ultimate mentat addicted lizards who suck you off

Why is it always lizards????

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Rope_kid.esp

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

It should probably be called JSawyer NVSE extensions because that's what it basically is. I'm guessing after ropekid made his distaste for the .22 change clear they'll consider changing it in JSUE

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
JSawyer New Varmint Shooting Extreme

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Discendo Vox posted:

JSawyer New Varmint Shooting Extreme

Welcome to Josh Sawyer’s Varmint Challenge.
I am. Sawyer.
Please choose. The caliber. Of. Your rifle.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

BurritoJustice posted:

It should probably be called JSawyer NVSE extensions because that's what it basically is. I'm guessing after ropekid made his distaste for the .22 change clear they'll consider changing it in JSUE

No change but there is an INI switch in the latest version.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Josh Sawyer's Exploding Varmints Vol. 1.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Arcsquad12 posted:

Josh Sawyer's Exploding Varmints Vol. 1.

.50MG DU Varmint Rifle.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

FrancisFukyomama posted:

Welcome to Josh Sawyer’s Varmint Challenge.
I am. Sawyer.
Please choose. The caliber. Of. Your rifle.

I suggest a. FIVE-POINT-FIVE SIX MILIMETRE.
You have chosen. TWENTY TWO MILIMETRE.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I don't think JSUE alters the Varmint Rifle damage at all, just the ammo it uses.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I don't think JSUE alters the Varmint Rifle damage at all, just the ammo it uses.

The ammo types for .22LR are quite weak, you just have plinking and hollow points. 5.56 gives you AP which is plentiful in the early game from the NCR and very useful, surplus is cheap and gives 1.15x damage at the cost of durability, and .223 is an objectively better plinking. There is still the option of hollow points, and you even get match ammo for mid game scaling if you get attached to the weapon.

Originally I believe there was a system were different ammo types would have different limb damage multipliers, but that didn't make it to the final build, so there would've been a more direct nerf.

The effective damage is higher with 5.56 and it means you have a starting weapon with a wide range of useful ammo types that introduces that whole mechanic. It's good game design.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4ixS_QrzaY&t=41s

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJPSyiXMYbQ&t=3s

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

I thought I knew what I was getting into when I read the video's title.

I was wrong.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Any Lombard Station heads know what's supposed to be stocked in the gap on these shelves?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Alacron posted:

I thought I knew what I was getting into when I read the video's title.

I was wrong.

Pushy is the best weapon in the game.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Pushy owns extremely hard, yes

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I enjoy Two Step Goodbye. All the pushy with more explodey.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Anyone still have the WIP 2.9 build of the Armory? I know there are mods like weapons of the new millennia that are probably objectively better but I do miss the janky jagged alliance 2 1.13 ridiculousness of the armory. Plus, it was probably the only huge weapon pack that also included energy weapons and melee weapons instead of being exclusively tacticool nonsense

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Melee lovers: 360 Movement

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

april fools jokes as mod updates should be against TOS. latest version of NVTF will hijack your game and play a rickroll video when you try to load a save. But the update itself still contains actual fixes to the mod. its so loving dumb. dude claims it only works using the internal bink player but i closed the game with task manager and that poo poo was still playing in the background somehow for a solid minute after

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

JohnnyGuitar replaces every song with Johnny Guitar and MoreMojave has "Dynamic Enclave Invasion" now. gently caress this.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Yeah, I downloaded an update to The Living Desert earlier, hopefully it doesn't have any of that nonense.

Rickrolls in 2021? How loving embarrassing. Why don't they start busting out some Chuck Norris facts while they're at it.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

Yeah, I downloaded an update to The Living Desert earlier, hopefully it doesn't have any of that nonense.

Rickrolls in 2021? How loving embarrassing. Why don't they start busting out some Chuck Norris facts while they're at it.

Don't give them ideas.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Nobody Interesting posted:

JohnnyGuitar replaces every song with Johnny Guitar and MoreMojave has "Dynamic Enclave Invasion" now. gently caress this.

MoreMojave isn't exactly that good to begin with. A lot of its locations (every one I've come across so far) sticks out like a sore thumb.

Like, across from Primm theres a reused Helios One with shitload of feral ghouls. And not far from the prison there's a big building atop a bunch of rocks in a really conspicuous manner with a shittload of hostile Super Mutants.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Proletarian Mango posted:

april fools jokes as mod updates should be against TOS. latest version of NVTF will hijack your game and play a rickroll video when you try to load a save. But the update itself still contains actual fixes to the mod. its so loving dumb. dude claims it only works using the internal bink player but i closed the game with task manager and that poo poo was still playing in the background somehow for a solid minute after

lighten up

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Dongicus posted:

lighten up

how can you always have the wrong takes like this lol

Anyways it's not just New Vegas, and it's not even just April Fools. Old World Blues mod for Hearts of Iron 4 added a Christmas nation that would conquer the world every single game. It was in the mod for like a month and I couldn't find a way to turn it off. I just played other mods until they changed it back.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Proletarian Mango posted:

:goonsay: on a dead gay comedy forum

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
it's annoying

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

My "I Follow SwiftOnSecurity Therefore I'm An Expert" infosec hat tells me it's not just annoying but potentially dangerous. At least with a lot of these mods we have available source code but on a long enough timeline, could one of these guys put something nasty in these random DLLs we let NVSE run? makes u think

The current NVTF build is made from unpublished code cos the repository hasn't been updated, which also has my "Notice Me, Tay" senses tingling.

We're probably fine, but I'd rather we didn't make a habit of randomly adding in annoying "seasonal" code to software.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Out of curiosity, I've tried the Walking Inertia mod and... it really sucks? It makes the first few moments of moving feel really unresponsive, and putting inertia on stopping feels *really* bad (though it can be disabled).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Out of curiosity, I've tried the Walking Inertia mod and... it really sucks? It makes the first few moments of moving feel really unresponsive, and putting inertia on stopping feels *really* bad (though it can be disabled).

Why, why would you try that mod?

"You know what this buggy game needs, less responsive controls"

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Why, why would you try that mod?

"You know what this buggy game needs, less responsive controls"

Mostly I was wondering if it would actually make picking objects and stuff like that easier, and how it'd influence NPC movements. It can be set up to be faster, but at a certain point, you barely notice the acceleration and it becomes a "what's the point" kind of deal, IMO.

EDIT: The modder mentioned wanting to make an NPC-only version, and that I think I could easily recommend, because the NPC movement is so janky and erratic that they can be difficult to target at times if they're running.

Fair Bear Maiden fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Apr 2, 2021

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

rope kid posted:

The unreasonable difficulty (imo) of many mod installs is one of the things that motivated me to make installing JSawyer extremely simple.

It is

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/71336

Wow holy poo poo someone managed to unbind animations from weapon groups so every weapon in the game can have custom animations regardless of if they count as pistols, rifles, etc.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/71336

Wow holy poo poo someone managed to unbind animations from weapon groups so every weapon in the game can have custom animations regardless of if they count as pistols, rifles, etc.

That's awesome and also my first thought is I hope someone backports it to Morrowind.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Okay, maybe somebody here might have an idea how to work around this. I'm playing with a Dualshock 4. I'm trying to use the touchpad to give keyboard input so I can use some mods that have hotkeys - JiP's Selective Fire and Minimap, for example.
These mods work even though generally the keyboard is disabled while using a controller. If I sit up an press M on my keyboard, the minimap toggles.
However, under no circumstances that I can find will the game recognize a "keyboard" key bound to a controller key. I've tried doing it in DS4win and in the steam controller configuration. I've set the setting in aistewies tweaks to enable the keyboard when a controller is connected. I'm pretty much out of ideas, other than disabling controllers in the nv options and remapping the entire controller to keyboard emulation.
Which I dont want to do because it generally works like rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

:siren: The latest version of YUP has been released https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51664 :siren: