Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Vita posted:

Is there any mod to increase how fast you run or move? I downloaded some mod that set the run multiplier to 5, but now NPCs just look stupid when they run away, and they run away too fast to catch with melee. It's a bit annoying going through the wasteland feeling like a snail.

XFO's overhaul has a module that does just that. You don't even have to use the rest of the mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Bum the Sad posted:

That's normal. It's Bethesda and Gamebryo. Just be thankful the game is autosave happy.

It's really not normal for New Vegas, which is remarkably stable without mods.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Vita posted:

Is there any mod to increase how fast you run or move? I downloaded some mod that set the run multiplier to 5, but now NPCs just look stupid when they run away, and they run away too fast to catch with melee. It's a bit annoying going through the wasteland feeling like a snail.

I use this to modify my run speed:
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35979

There's a perk in there that requires 6 agility and increases your speed by 15% each rank. You could just go with a mod that increases it by default, but I like having to make trade-offs through perks, including sacrificing more perk slots for higher ranks when wearing heavier armor to counteract their run speed decrease.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Even when a body replacer isn't nude, Nexus modders can't resist the urge to put loving massive dongs on people.

Goddammit, Nexus. :(

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Horns posted:

Even when a body replacer isn't nude, Nexus modders can't resist the urge to put loving massive dongs on people.

Shut up and enjoy your dongs

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Alright, I've tried to find the D/L location so I can throw this in the OP, but I'm having a lot of trouble for some reason. Where are his file packs? His website navigates like a Web 1.0 tripod site.
Sorry for the late reply, but I actually recommend waiting just a little for this mod. Right now it is hosted on modb (because of the file size limit on fvnexus he couldn't host the mod there)and here is the page with the link. But I recommepnd waiting b/c:
https://sites.google.com/site/iam4aces/Home/mods/fallout-new-vegas

The author just got approval from zenimax to port assets from to3 over. So he will have much more contents added later, as well as unhiding the texture mod on fvnexus.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39167

This mod just gave me an idea (well the mod it uses for the esm).

ED-E skin: Servitor Skull. :hellyeah:

Wouldn't be too hard to do to replace ED-E's model with the servitor skull from http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5885 would it?

hilly
May 26, 2005

Horns posted:

Radiation is one hell of a drug.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Syrant posted:

Wouldn't be too hard to do to replace ED-E's model with the servitor skull from http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5885 would it?

Do this as fast as humanly possible, please.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Have you tried starting up FONV by directly starting the executable that you modify with the LAA? You shouldn't have to start NVSE through FOMM. Unless I'm woefully mistaken, even NVSE's website says you can start the game as you normally would, and you don't need to start it with FOMM either, once you've modified the load order to your liking.

I figured it out; the deal here is that you have to bypass the FONV Launcher, otherwise it checks the FalloutNV.exe and'll have Steam spit out that error. The author of the utility gave me some instructions to work around it, and it worked nearly perfectly.

After using the utility to modify your FalloutNV.exe:

1.) Rename FalloutNVLauncher.exe to something else
2.) Rename nvse_loader.exe to FalloutNVLauncher.exe

Then everything should work peaches. I did one more step so I can start through FOMM like I usually do:

3.) Make a copy of nvse_loader.exe and keep its original name

So essentially you have two copies of nvse_loader, one in its original state, and one effectively taking the place of the NV Launcher. I found step 3 to be an extra layer of security in making sure my game starts up properly.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I'm thinking that poo poo needs to go into the OP.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm experiencing some odd issue where the number 2 instead of being a weapon slot reloads my weapon. Anyone had anything similar?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
The 2 key is used to change ammo, actually, not reload.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Gyshall posted:

The 2 key is used to change ammo, actually, not reload.

Ah silly me. I was pushing it in-game earlier and the changing ammo animation made me think it was just him re-loading and that it was number 2 because of some hosed up bug from the mods. That sorta explains things although I wish I could use it as a weapon slot.

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.
Disappointed to see no F:NV version of Mart's Mutant Mod. It was my hands down absolute favorite Fallout 3 mod. I always say the best way to make a game more challenging is to add more enemies, not more health, and that's exactly what MMM did. Hopefully some talented go-getter will make their own version for New Vegas.

Has anyone tried using the Fallout 3 MMM in NEw Vegas? I imagine that wouldn't work very well. Maybe I'm wrong?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Working on a new weapons related mod, though with how slowly I work it may be a while before you see results. Still, the results are promising so far and once I'm done the first couple, it shouldn't be too hard to adapt to others.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Naky posted:

Working on a new weapons related mod, though with how slowly I work it may be a while before you see results. Still, the results are promising so far and once I'm done the first couple, it shouldn't be too hard to adapt to others.

What kind of weapons are we talking about here?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Brace posted:

What kind of weapons are we talking about here?

Now, now, I said weapons related.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Gyshall posted:

I'm thinking that poo poo needs to go into the OP.

Agreed. OP updated.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

It is night time at Black Mountain.

->Check inventory

.44 Magnum revolver+
Stealth Boy (10)
Night Vision Goggles

->Check weapon mod

.44 Magnum silencer

->Check ammo

A bunch of .44 BTHPs

Aww yeah :clint: :catdrugs:

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Naky posted:

Now, now, I said weapons related.

What kind of weapon(s)(related)?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

->Check inventory

.44 Magnum revolver+
Stealth Boy (10)
Night Vision Goggles

->Check weapon mod

.44 Magnum silencer

->Check ammo

A bunch of .44 BTHPs

Is that a Robobrain off in the distance? I've never found one of those on Black Mountain.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Capn Beeb posted:

->Check weapon mod

.44 Magnum silencer

Where is this from? :stare:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Is that a Robobrain off in the distance? I've never found one of those on Black Mountain.

Nah, flaming drum :) I kinda miss Robobrains. Those things were all over Fallout 3 and popping the brain plate off was always hilarious.

Fewd posted:

Where is this from? :stare:

Weapon Mod Expansion:

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37576

This mod:

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36741

Let's you craft some of the new weapon mods. I think it's slightly out of date though. I made the silencer with two teddy bears, some wonderglue, a tire iron, and a lead pipe that took me WAY too long to find. Worth it though.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Thanks, also seems like some new companions are available.

There's this guy

Click here for the full 1024x640 image.

And I don't even know what

Click here for the full 1360x768 image.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Do this as fast as humanly possible, please.

Syrant posted:

Don't ask me, man I dont know dick about the GECK, I fooled around with it but could never get much out of it, it shouldn't be too hard to produce. Someone ont he nexus might mod it if the idea is pitched.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Great mod I didn't see mentioned in the OP: Pipboy Light Lantern Replacer.

Exactly what it sounds like, it replaces the Pipboy light with a little flickering lantern that hangs off your hip. Goes great with the Pipboy Readius (now your light won't mysteriously emanate from nowhere).

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.

quote:

World of Pain
Adds ~35 completely new dungeons, buildings, and locations to the Mojave, complete with ultra-violence, tons of enemies, and big rewards.

I think a couple people mentioned how much they like this mod, but I just wanted to chime in and suggest this mod to anyone looking to spice up their game a bit. The dungeons are actually really well done, and it's obvious the modder put a lot of time, effort, and planning into this.

It definitely gives dungeoncrawling a satisfying feel to it, because the new locations and dungeons have named enemies and supersized "legendary" versions of almost every creature type. There's also a unique weapon to be found in each dungeon, as well as other items and weapons that are complete surprises 4th Dimension Enabler :iiam:.

There's also a lot of dungeons with fighting between NPCs already going on, which is always a chaotic blast.

In short, if you want to add 20+ more hours of fun new gameplay, download this.

Mental Midget fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Dec 31, 2010

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Mental Midget posted:

World of Pain
And it just got updated today! Yeah it's great, get it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Fewd posted:

And I don't even know what

Click here for the full 1360x768 image.

Japan makes some crazy ED-E style companions, man.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Capn Beeb posted:

->Check inventory

.44 Magnum revolver+
Stealth Boy (10)
Night Vision Goggles

->Check weapon mod

.44 Magnum silencer

->Check ammo

A bunch of .44 BTHPs

I cleared Black Mountain at Level 8 with nothing but a set of spiked knuckles and some combat armor

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mental Midget posted:

Disappointed to see no F:NV version of Mart's Mutant Mod. It was my hands down absolute favorite Fallout 3 mod. I always say the best way to make a game more challenging is to add more enemies, not more health, and that's exactly what MMM did. Hopefully some talented go-getter will make their own version for New Vegas.

Has anyone tried using the Fallout 3 MMM in NEw Vegas? I imagine that wouldn't work very well. Maybe I'm wrong?

He's still supporting the old one and hasn't started the new one yet.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

“Horns” posted:

Goes great with the Pipboy Readius (now your light won't mysteriously emanate from nowhere).

This actually bothers people?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
So I started a new playthrough, and upon getting to Novac I realized something, the motel is gone. It just doesn't exist, in place is black textures on the ground where the motel should be, I'm pretty sure everything else is intact in Novac except for the Motel. Here's my load order:

FalloutNV.esm
More Perks.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
CASM.esp
Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp
Purge Cell Buffers.esp
FactionIDCards.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
Tag Skills Improved.esp
better that gun 223.esp
Classic energy weapons.esp
Moddable Unique Weps.esp
Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp
VT08RangerGear.esp
UnlimitedCompanions.esp
NoFactionBoS.esp
Sorter - Combined.esp
PipBoyLightx1.5.esp
Nevada Skies.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esp
LUMENARIUMandELECTROCITY - Nevada Skies Replacer.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Darker Nights.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Emittance.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
noautoaim.esp

Total active plugins: 27
Total plugins: 27

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Your electro-city load is all hosed up, I advise you to read the readmes for it. For one, you're using darker nights and emittance together, where it's supposed to be one OR the other. And for two, you're using the original nevada skies ESP with the nevada skies replacer ESP, which I'm pretty sure isn't supposed to be done either.

In other news someone has finally begun a mod to make objects destructible. So far we have destructible bottles of alcohol, with the promise of frequent updates:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39083

I also made a compatibility patch for this and more complex needs - sorted if anyone wants it. My compat patch also adds the vodka explosion effect to scotch bottles as well since the mod author left those out.

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 31, 2010

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Only problem I can see with your load order is that you should deactivate Nevada Skies.esp, because you're using the replacer that comes with Electro-city. EFB!

As for Novac, try fast-traveling somewhere else, save, and restart the game.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Has anybody tried this mod yet? It adds a special encounter to the Mojave Wasteland where you can obtain the "Solar Scorcher" from Fallout 2. The only thing is, the weapon isn't just given to you--you travel back in "time" to Vault 13 where you can find the weapon (and inadvertently break the original Water Chip). It sounds like a pretty interesting presentation, and the screenshots don't look half bad, either.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Has anybody tried this mod yet? It adds a special encounter to the Mojave Wasteland where you can obtain the "Solar Scorcher" from Fallout 2. The only thing is, the weapon isn't just given to you--you travel back in "time" to Vault 13 where you can find the weapon (and inadvertently break the original Water Chip). It sounds like a pretty interesting presentation, and the screenshots don't look half bad, either.

Having just ran through it, it's neat, but super-short. The Solar Scorcher's fun to play around with.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I'm trying to get brass knuckle-type weapons to not replace my right hand, but I can't find any setting to change. Does anybody know what it is? Or is it not possible?

E: Nevermind, I found it. The slot setting was under Armor Addons.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 1, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

Horns posted:

Great mod I didn't see mentioned in the OP: Pipboy Light Lantern Replacer.

Exactly what it sounds like, it replaces the Pipboy light with a little flickering lantern that hangs off your hip. Goes great with the Pipboy Readius (now your light won't mysteriously emanate from nowhere).
A word of caution: if you have the "Interior Lighting Overhaul" mod, be sure to TURN OFF THE LIGHT when you exit buildings! Or else your game will crash!

@Coughing Hobo:
Are you using a 32-Bit OS? For the life of me, I couldn't get the LAA enabled FalloutNV.exe to load. I used the similar steps that you have listed previously which is also found on the nexus page of the 3GB enabler mod.