Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

lethial posted:

A word of caution: if you have the "Interior Lighting Overhaul" mod, be sure to TURN OFF THE LIGHT when you exit buildings! Or else your game will crash!

@Coughing Hobo:
Are you using a 32-Bit OS? For the life of me, I couldn't get the LAA enabled FalloutNV.exe to load. I used the similar steps that you have listed previously which is also found on the nexus page of the 3GB enabler mod.

No, I'm on Windows 7 64-bit. There's additional steps on the mod page for 32-bit OSes, I believe.

EDIT: Oh god new page so bare :gonk: Here's something I offer up to you! psychoelf's level stripping mod! If a vendor sells it, if a monster spawns somewhere, there's a chance it will even if you're level 1. Everything's available from the start. This may make some baddies harder, as they can be walking around with .44 revolvers while you've still got just a crappy 9mm, but guess what you get after you kill him? :c00l:

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 1, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

This is probably a stupid question, but are Nevada Skies and URWLNV compatible?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

icantfindaname posted:

Almost positive that the lighting/environment mods are incompatible, with the exception of Electro City.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

icantfindaname posted:

Yes, it is a stupid question, because Nevada Skies includes an optional URWL compatibility patch on its Nexus listing, and its FAQ describes specifically what load order it should occur in.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Terpfen posted:

This actually bothers people?
Probably, I dunno. I just like it because of the way the light from the lantern flickers.

Vitriol
Mar 11, 2001

Phhhhhtttttt!
okay, I'm back working on my patch that would integrate appropriate backpacks on appropriate people across the wasteland, all happily lootable. Right now I am anticipating it will remain an extension of this mod just because I really like some of the aspects of it

BUT

The "special forces" version of this pack is missing a world model, so dropping it causes the drat thing to become impossible to interact with, and it floats in the air. Swell.

I'm looking this over in nifskope, and have come to the conclusion that I am lost. anyone with modeling experience want to help me out a bit here, so I can make this backpack fall down to the ground, have havok physics, and be stackable in some supply tents? I'm going to start muddling through, but have low hope regarding my ability to pull this off. I may end up flipping over to using KDS's backpack mod as a base, but I really don't like the way his packs looks for the NCR military.

EDIT

and after doing some research, it seems I'm probably going to have to switch over to KDS's mod instead.

Vitriol fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jan 1, 2011

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Ive been meaning to ask, what is the modders obsession with Warhammer? I never played Warhammer but it seems to be the "must be made" mod for every game

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

A combination between the Warhammer fans being crazy, Warhammer itself being a comically exaggerated universe that just falls short of Axe Cop in terms of being ridiculous, and Warhammer games have a tendency to suck, so modding Warhammer into good games is like you are almost playing a good Warhammer game.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Manwithastick posted:

Ive been meaning to ask, what is the modders obsession with Warhammer? I never played Warhammer but it seems to be the "must be made" mod for every game

It's an interesting and popularized art/design style, and also nerds love Warhammer. Now the desire for a Star Fox and Fallout crossover is where the confusion starts.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
So, if I'm gonna use Electro Citys Nevada Skies Replacer, URWL, URWL compatibility patch from nevada skies, and then Enhanced Shaders, this would work correct?

I have a GTX280 by the way, I heard there were some problems with Enhanced Shaders and the 2 series cards.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Brace posted:

So, if I'm gonna use Electro Citys Nevada Skies Replacer, URWL, URWL compatibility patch from nevada skies, and then Enhanced Shaders, this would work correct?

I have a GTX280 by the way, I heard there were some problems with Enhanced Shaders and the 2 series cards.

That should work, and in that order, most likely. Update FOMM to see if there's a new BOSS masterlist (because all of those mods are fairly high profile and should be on it by now.)

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

That should work, and in that order, most likely. Update FOMM to see if there's a new BOSS masterlist (because all of those mods are fairly high profile and should be on it by now.)

Does FOMM auto-update? I have some setting ticked I think that automatically updates something or other, and I thought it might include FOMM.

Can I run enhanced shaders with my video card? I really don't want to break my game

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

Brace posted:

Does FOMM auto-update? I have some setting ticked I think that automatically updates something or other, and I thought it might include FOMM.

No, you have to manually update through a menu option. It’s a two-part check; first it’ll look for updates to the load order template, then it’ll look for updates to FOMM itself.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
And the shader issue?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Brace posted:

And the shader issue?

Who knows. The shader issue would be as simple as trying to run the game with the Shader package loaded--seeing if there are any visual anomalies--and, if so, unchecking the package in FOMM and running without.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Who knows. The shader issue would be as simple as trying to run the game with the Shader package loaded--seeing if there are any visual anomalies--and, if so, unchecking the package in FOMM and running without.

Fair enough. There were reports in the old thread about the Shader Thing not being compatible and completely loving up people's games, so I'm wary.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

My personal experience with enhanced shaders wasn’t very pleasant. I have an overclocked Q6600 and a 4850 X2. The enhanced shaders would cut my framerate in half, guaranteed.

I don’t think they add much to the experience, even though the screenshots are quite pretty. Downloading the detailed normal texture pack and some sort of depth of field mod would be a much better route, IMO.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Terpfen posted:

My personal experience with enhanced shaders wasn’t very pleasant. I have an overclocked Q6600 and a 4850 X2. The enhanced shaders would cut my framerate in half, guaranteed.

I don’t think they add much to the experience, even though the screenshots are quite pretty. Downloading the detailed normal texture pack and some sort of depth of field mod would be a much better route, IMO.

Yeah I have a similar experience with similar system specs, Enhanced Shaders was nothing but a FPS hog and whatever effect it had on making the game look better was negated by the fact that it made most areas run like poo poo. I use http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35615 which is a depth of field mod that actually doesn't slow your system down to a crawl and it gives so much more bang for the buck than enhanced shaders did.

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jan 2, 2011

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
How the hell do you use the GECK to find a quest ID? I was downloading skins to try and get a character that doesn't look like a retarded potato that was attacked by wasps and I've found one that looks okay, but it gave me a retarded quest I can't get rid of and I'd really like to know where the gently caress they hid the quest ID's to make the cunting thing go away. I've been trying to work it out for about an hour and I'm about ready to stab someone.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
This is seriously retarded, how do I make a peice of armor use a new texture? All I have is a mesh option in the item edit screen.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Brace posted:

This is seriously retarded, how do I make a peice of armor use a new texture? All I have is a mesh option in the item edit screen.

You tell what textures meshes will use in the Miscellaneous > Texture Set tree in the object window, actually. Not the Items > Armor category. Looking at some of the texture sets in this area, you should be able to figure out how to get a new texture set pointing to a new mesh (or a copy of a mesh that you want retextured.)

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You tell what textures meshes will use in the Miscellaneous > Texture Set tree in the object window, actually. Not the Items > Armor category. Looking at some of the texture sets in this area, you should be able to figure out how to get a new texture set pointing to a new mesh (or a copy of a mesh that you want retextured.)

Nevermind, I'm an idiot.

Why won't my items show up on the ground where I placed them? I zoomed in close and placed them on the rail road tracks in Boulder City, because that's where I am. But they don't show up on the ground, .esp is checked.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Brace posted:

Nevermind, I'm an idiot.

Why won't my items show up on the ground where I placed them? I zoomed in close and placed them on the rail road tracks in Boulder City, because that's where I am. But they don't show up on the ground, .esp is checked.

Did you give them a global mesh? Usually an outfit's global mesh is indicated by a GO at the end of it.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Did you give them a global mesh? Usually an outfit's global mesh is indicated by a GO at the end of it.

I can't check right now, but it definitely should have the proper global mesh. It had one in the place where a global mesh would go, but I can't check if it was a go mesh. I could easily bypass this by putting it in a container correct?

On second thought, I don't think it does. I downloaded the number one downloaded veteran ranger armor mod on the nexus, the FOOK one and the only way to obtain it without editing it into the game is to get it from the "QAtestbox" and that probably explains why it doesn't have a global mesh, because the only way to find it is only in a container. What a dip poo poo modder, I guess I'm a dipshit too for not knowing that it didn't have a global mesh but seriously?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Set it to use Meshes/Armor/CombatRanger/combatranger_go.nif

You'll probably have to extract the mesh from the .bsa with FOMM, though.

Taking a look at the mod's files, myself. No global mesh is a biiiiig oversight.

E: Nope, it does have a global mesh.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jan 2, 2011

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The Project Beauty guy has something out for NV, enjoy:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39218

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

SplitSoul posted:

Every single original face in this cracks me up.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/images/39218-1-1293932498.jpg

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I like that the change is relatively small, making it a good mod that doesn't just turn the entire game anime or say that Obsidian can't design NPC's. I have no idea why everyone has coke on their lips though.

Vitriol
Mar 11, 2001

Phhhhhtttttt!

Mordaedil posted:

I like that the change is relatively small, making it a good mod that doesn't just turn the entire game anime or say that Obsidian can't design NPC's. I have no idea why everyone has coke on their lips though.

Jet is one HELL of a Chem.

Also, I actually sat down and learned a few things yesterday, and am happy to say I am now back working on the backpack mod I have been skirting around for a while. I'm actually going to incorporate some of the KDS models as alternates, and am using his world models for the backpacks that don't have em. Not a perfect solution, but one I can survive.

I'd like to merge in the additional sacks, packs, and usable knapsacks from Wasteland Essential Gear too, but I'm not quite that far, and his restrictions are a lot tighter than KDS'.

Vitriol fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jan 2, 2011

Leinadi
Sep 14, 2009
Looks good yeah, but I think some changes (like for Gloria Van Graff) are too hefty. I haven't installed it yet but it would appear that only some NPCs have the "Lore" options? I'm not really digging the hair changes and all that.

Still, might give it a go on my next playthrough. It's certainly good work.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Exactly how much radiation you need to turn a platypus into this... thing?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Brace posted:

I can't check right now, but it definitely should have the proper global mesh. It had one in the place where a global mesh would go, but I can't check if it was a go mesh. I could easily bypass this by putting it in a container correct?

On second thought, I don't think it does. I downloaded the number one downloaded veteran ranger armor mod on the nexus, the FOOK one and the only way to obtain it without editing it into the game is to get it from the "QAtestbox" and that probably explains why it doesn't have a global mesh, because the only way to find it is only in a container. What a dip poo poo modder, I guess I'm a dipshit too for not knowing that it didn't have a global mesh but seriously?

Speaking of this one, if anyone wants the non-FOOK version of it, from before it was added (Seriously, gently caress people who add poo poo to FOOK and don't leave the original), I can throw it on mediafire. It puts the armor (and there's three versions, pick which ESP you want) in the schoolhouse at goodsprings.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Schubalts posted:

Set it to use Meshes/Armor/CombatRanger/combatranger_go.nif

You'll probably have to extract the mesh from the .bsa with FOMM, though.

Taking a look at the mod's files, myself. No global mesh is a biiiiig oversight.

E: Nope, it does have a global mesh.

Any idea why it wouldn't appear then? It definitely does have a global mesh, I checked as well.

Also for the Project Beauty or whatever it's called for NV, both the ESP and ESM should go in and be checked correct? No instructions on the page.

edit: Christ, I created a container(well new formed an old one), placed it with the items inside and it didn't show up in my game world, gently caress

Brace fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 2, 2011

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Brace posted:

Also for the Project Beauty or whatever it's called for NV, both the ESP and ESM should go in and be checked correct? No instructions on the page.
Yup, just make sure the .esm comes before the .esp and is bunched up together with the other .esm's (but always after FalloutNV.esm).

Completely unrelated: pancake.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
Finally updated my Hunting Rifle with mods:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39070

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Are there any mods that add a lot more campfire recipes?

The original idea for my second playthrough was a drifter with very high survival and to avoid using stimpacks in favour of wasteland stuff... but although there are quite a lot of recipes, I'm really struggling to find some of the stuff to make other than some of the basic dog steak/bloatfly slider type things unless I go on lengthy adventures just to find ingredients for none-too-great recipes? I'm picking up everything I can find that doesn't need to be stolen, but I was somewhat underwhelmed and ended up just drinking sunset saspiralla all the time.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

What's the mod of choice to make lasers/plasma worth using? I'm thinking of doing a run sometime with a huge laser rifle and that skull mask and do poo poo like this:

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Arenovalis posted:

Finally updated my Hunting Rifle with mods:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39070

Great, thank you for letting us know, I completely forgot I was waiting on this to download it.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

Thank GOD. Adding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitriol
Mar 11, 2001

Phhhhhtttttt!
Hey all!

I'm getting close to rolling out another test of my Integration Patch for Military NV Backpacks (which will need to be used, too, its the master file)

This is building on the version I let loose around here a couple of weeks back - that one had some good stuff (NCR troopers wearing NCR-Skinned appropriate backpacks, Legion troopers having Legion-skinned backpacks, etc.) but some real bugs too. (The models for the NCR packs didn't have a world model, and would float when you let them go, becoming impossible to grab and pick up again. whoops!)

So over the last couple of days, I have scoured around for some alternatives, and thanks to a "You can do what you want with my mod, just thank me, etc." attitude with the latest release of the KDS backpack mod, I basically just grabbed his world models and grafted them into the MNVBP NCR packs as the world model. while I was at it, I added in his versions of the main NCR pack as well, although I am not as hot with the way they look. eh, anyway -

Version 2 of this is about to hit beta, and I will have the following things working:
All Backpacks renamed to something closer to what they are - NCR Military (style) backpacks (4 GI issue variants) Slave Packs (Yep I am using them, too!) in 2 flavors, 2 variants of packs in Legion colors, and a bunch of the others marked as civilian models. Traders and wasteland merchants will be packing around backpacks, as will some of the various other random folks you find out in the wasteland too!

I will eventually have variants that I will be adding to the various other factions - I plan on getting some things set up for the various raiders, escaped convicts, powder gangers, Fiends. Great Khans, etc. Basically everyone in the world potentially could be hauling around an appropriate backpack of some kind.

Of course, anyone who wants to donate some skins for their favorite pack type is more than welcome, I'm not proud, and variation is loving awesome - however I don't want to break MY IMMERSION:qq: so I would like to keep it to appropriate-themed fallout universe skins - I actually don't like the modern-looking digital camo stuff, and will be phasing it out for good ol' green canvas, black, Vault Blue, leather, and other things as I can come up with them.

However if you want to help out, feel free. (and if you have some goofy idea that is really stupid and will make other people hate you, that's fine too. I'm actually planning on some dumb poo poo like a bright pink kid's backpack as a unique item, if I can pull off the scripting to make it work.)

And eventually, if I don't get bored and stop doing this, I'd like to have it include stuff like the rope-and-a-scrap-of-canvas bags you see people wearing around, the courier bags, a luggable knapsack, etc, etc. I really would love to have a bindlestiff with a nice polka-dot bindle, but that's probably just me.

(oh yeah, this is basically just a cocktease announcement, I'm not going to have it out until tomorrow at the earliest)

Vitriol fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jan 3, 2011