Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
IMPACT is a good visual mod. There is a new mod out called Weapon Compatibility Project that creates a merge for WMX, EVE, IMPACT, Weapon Retexture Project, and Weapon Mod Recipes. I highly recommend it as it took a huge chunk of plugins out of my load order. The recipes mod is a bit finicky and I don't use it too much, but it's worth it to get all the other mods working together happily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

IMPACT is a good visual mod. There is a new mod out called Weapon Compatibility Project that creates a merge for WMX, EVE, IMPACT, Weapon Retexture Project, and Weapon Mod Recipes. I highly recommend it as it took a huge chunk of plugins out of my load order. The recipes mod is a bit finicky and I don't use it too much, but it's worth it to get all the other mods working together happily.

How easy would this be to slot in if I was going through the Fear and Loathing guide?

I'm also doing a clean install like the poster up thread, so if there are anyways to slim the process down, that'd be awesome.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Trying to find a mod I had years ago that basically teleported your companions to your current location if they got too far away. Been searching for a few days now and I can't find it. I believe it was called something like Followers/Companions Keep Up. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
the OP was last updated in 2015; are there any must-have mods since then

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
JIP made an extension to NVSE and also a pretty good revamp of the crafting system that makes it a bit more user-friendly. In addition there's a mod to make the four faction safehouses a bit bigger and have proper crafting stations in each, a more streamlined character generation at the beginning if you're like me and don't want to go through the entire thing each time, a script to kill the annoying tutorial popups, and a nice scripted tag system for items. I consider most of them must haves.

If you want, there's a mod to add missing ammo to the crafting menu for guns and whatnot as well, and an extension for YUP if you use it.

I also like the Mineshaft Hideout but it's hardly required, just nifty, tiny, and not loaded with automated systems and doodads and end-game guns and poo poo.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

The streamlined CharGen mod is sweet, but commits the unforgivable sin of removing Doc Mitchell's lines about your SPECIAL skills if they're especially low or high.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Cross-Section posted:

The streamlined CharGen mod is sweet, but commits the unforgivable sin of removing Doc Mitchell's lines about your SPECIAL skills if they're especially low or high.

Really? He still commented on how the bullet did some good when I came out with 10 INT in my current run. :thunk:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Must be a bug or mod conflict then, as he only gave the standard response even when my character's AGL score was 8.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I keep downloading housing mods but I always end up living at The Sink. Like none of the other places have a tiny neurotic mug-obsessed robot to brighten my day.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Oh, one other one I forgot, Mobile Auto-Sorter. Literally just a pencil you buy from Chet that lets you interact with a container while crouched then label it one of a few different things. I like it more than most other sorter things because it works anywhere and it's foolproof simple.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Does anyone have a copy of that old radio mod that added all the songs referenced by quest titles? It got removed years and years ago for breaking copyright, and I kept a copy around on my old hard drive. it got formatted a while back and I lost my copy, but it is by far my favourite radio mod I've used. Eternal love to you if you do.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
The Secret Stash

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

:love: :love:

Going to do a new install now. Is there any new hotness guide replacing Fear and Loathing? I plan on running through it for my base install, omitting select mods that I know are lovely from my last install.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Grab and Go is a nice little underrated mod from the creator of the Loot Menu for FNV (also awesome and I don't see it in the OP) which lets you hold the grab key to automatically equip or consume an item in the world without having to pick it up first. It's simple, but it saves me a lot of dicking around in the Pip Boy when I just want to quickly eat a few things I "found" in the Atomic Wrangler's kitchen.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Does anybody have the mod and/or the video of the mod that changes Johnny Guitar to Mr. New Vegas turning it off after a few seconds and exclaiming "gently caress Johnny Guitar"?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I'm having clipping problems with ADAM Reborn and it is making me sadsack. Only mods I have installed that could maybe be responsible logically are the rugged race one so I can be a moldy oldy, and i guess possibly weapon animation replacers

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Try this - https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/63025 although that looks like the race clipping through, not the armor.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
So, I've only played New Vegas on Ps3 and really liked it. At some point I'd like to replay it with mods, and also at some point I'd like to at least give Fallout 3 a try. Does the Tale of Two Wastelands mod work good enough I can do both at the same time? Would it play well with other New Vegas mods? Or should I just play each game by itself?

e: I think I'd be interested in one of those overhauls for New Vegas, would that work with ToTW?

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 14, 2017

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Tale Of Two Wastelands basically converts Fallout 3 into a New Vegas mod, and I've tried it out and used other mods with it before. It'll work with other mods just as well as any mod which adds locations and quests, and even without any other mods I think TTW does stuff like give Fallout 3 enemies some weapons from New Vegas. I haven't tried any overhauls with it, but I can see them having an issue of being designed for NV so not taking Fallout 3-specific creatures or situations into account. When I tried it out (which was only a few hours) the loading times were really long but it was stable enough

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
A lot of the mods that do a lot of poo poo have TTW patches or TTW versions, but basically it plays pretty nicely together in my experience. Honestly, you could play fallout 3 in its entirety through the TTW mod without going to new Vegas if you really want to play FO3 because it's a lot more stable in NV.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Gyshall posted:

Try this - https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/63025 although that looks like the race clipping through, not the armor.

According the TFH Rugged Race page the race thing is just a texture, not a model swap or anything. I'll give that a whirl, and I've currently completely uninstalled and am reinstalling new vegas so hopefully that works. :shrug:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

SpookyLizard posted:

A lot of the mods that do a lot of poo poo have TTW patches or TTW versions, but basically it plays pretty nicely together in my experience. Honestly, you could play fallout 3 in its entirety through the TTW mod without going to new Vegas if you really want to play FO3 because it's a lot more stable in NV.

Is there a list of these mods and are they just as easy to install? or a case of old school drop the folders in the directory yourself?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

So, I've only played New Vegas on Ps3 and really liked it. At some point I'd like to replay it with mods, and also at some point I'd like to at least give Fallout 3 a try. Does the Tale of Two Wastelands mod work good enough I can do both at the same time? Would it play well with other New Vegas mods? Or should I just play each game by itself?

e: I think I'd be interested in one of those overhauls for New Vegas, would that work with ToTW?

You should play ttw fallout 3 with minimal mods then uninstall ttw and play real modded fnv

Or play fallout 3 with wanderers edition

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

SeanBeansShako posted:

Is there a list of these mods and are they just as easy to install? or a case of old school drop the folders in the directory yourself?

Don't drag and drop to install any mods, use a mod manager like Mod Organizer.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I use Nexus Mod Manager because I am lazy and also works for me

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Here's a pretty-decent TTW STEP guide that lays out a bunch of mods for both F3 and FNV (drawing from the Clear & Present Danger/Fear and Loathing guides) as well as the TTW patches to make them all happily compatible.

The installation process (cause there is a bit more to it than downloading them and slotting them all in) takes a while, but it all works.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Oct 14, 2017

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Thanks, I'll favourite that. At some point I want to do both games again.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Dragbody's got some really neat looking faction/armor overhauls coming out that I look forward to not being able to download because GUNetwork is run by snobs. Or I could just wait for someone with less scruples to snag the files and leak them.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

2house2fly posted:

Tale Of Two Wastelands basically converts Fallout 3 into a New Vegas mod, and I've tried it out and used other mods with it before. It'll work with other mods just as well as any mod which adds locations and quests, and even without any other mods I think TTW does stuff like give Fallout 3 enemies some weapons from New Vegas. I haven't tried any overhauls with it, but I can see them having an issue of being designed for NV so not taking Fallout 3-specific creatures or situations into account. When I tried it out (which was only a few hours) the loading times were really long but it was stable enough

TTW is basically Fallout 3 running in New Vegas, so you've got all the features New Vegas has. I know they have a plugin specifically to allow you to choose whether the Super Mutants in Fallout 3 are the tougher ones from New Vegas, but otherwise I don't know how shared enemies differ in stats.

I do know it adds all the lore-appropriate items from New Vegas to the leveled lists and makes some modifications, like you start with a 9mm Pistol instead of a 10mm Pistol (and 10mm in general is harder to find than 9mm), the .32 Revolver is now a .22 Revolver, and the Hunting Rifles are all .308 caliber.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
EDIT: Never mind solve the problem.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 15, 2017

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Arcsquad12 posted:

Dragbody's got some really neat looking faction/armor overhauls coming out that I look forward to not being able to download because GUNetwork is run by snobs. Or I could just wait for someone with less scruples to snag the files and leak them.

Yeah the nice thing about GUNetwork being apparently being run by crazy people is that there's a lot drama which leads to a lot of disgruntled people that post poo poo on r/modpiracy out of spite, I'm using his FO4 Power Armor mod right now and it's great.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Yeah, the guide posted above helps and also most mods for TTW on the nexus are tagged or named for TTW or have a patch in it.

Personally i think fo3 is an eternal garbage fire beyond salvation but to each their own.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Hey, I liked point lookout and that absolutely busted stealth suit.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Weapon Sound Overhaul
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Enk386Sdg

Definitely going to check this one out.

Also, looking for a fix to the infamous speed loader bug with floating bullets. Anyone have a solution?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 15, 2017

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Now that I think about it, I don't know if I want to deal with all the Tales of Two Wastland stuff at least not anytime soon.

If I mainly just want to play New Vegas again, but have it be a bit different/fresh this time, is there anything you guys would recommend? One of those 2 major overhauls in the OP maybe?

e: actually the thing I can't really decide is if I want to play modded NV or Fallout 4 first. New Vegas is the better game, I'm assuming it's the same deal with modding. I'm sort of thinking save NV for later, but then again Fallout 4 looks better and I feel like it would be a decent game with mods but that's just a guess. Only played it on ps4.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Oct 15, 2017

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
For overhauls, I like the Jsawyer mod a lot and the fact that it's made by the games director gives it an air of respectability, but Project Nevada and FOOK are more customisable and actually add some fairly neat content. Get Fellout to brighten the place up, EVE for new lasers and explosions, Outside Bets for some restored cut content, and the game will feel a lot fresher with just those.

If you like melee weapons, one mod I think doesn't get enough love is Bingles Melee Weapons, which adds a bunch of stuff that's roughly equal parts silly, funny and badass

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
And there's always millenia's and Naky's weapon mods which turn New Vegas's comically huge arsenal into something approaching "enuff dakka".

Did Millennia ever really transition to Fallout 4? He did the shotgun and combat rifle retextures and the SIG P226, but I've seen nothing since. Did he just drop off the map or find a new game to cram a thousand weapons into?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

2house2fly posted:

For overhauls, I like the Jsawyer mod a lot and the fact that it's made by the games director gives it an air of respectability, but Project Nevada and FOOK are more customisable and actually add some fairly neat content. Get Fellout to brighten the place up, EVE for new lasers and explosions, Outside Bets for some restored cut content, and the game will feel a lot fresher with just those.

If you like melee weapons, one mod I think doesn't get enough love is Bingles Melee Weapons, which adds a bunch of stuff that's roughly equal parts silly, funny and badass

While it's not 100% the same as Jsawyer, Jsawyer Ultimate has an options menu that basically made it a must use for me. It does lack GRA integration and weirdly enough decides that Varmint Rifles should chamber .22 ammo (like in the OG design), but it's really good otherwise. I did my last playthrough with that mod and I highly recommend it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Are there any decent beginner guides on how to modify ESPs? I want the underslung M2 from the WMX Modern Weapons pack but don't want the other guns from it to show up because I don't think they fit the aesthetic much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

1. Open ESP in FNVEdit.
  2. Make Modifications.
  3. Test in-game.
  4. Open in FNVEdit again, gently caress around until you break it.
  5. Restore from backup.
  6. Repeat.

Edit: I'll try and be slightly more helpful: The best way to learn to do it is to do it. Just open it up and start thwackin' away at it. Sounds like you'll want to edit the leveled lists entries.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 15, 2017