Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

AGGGGH BEES posted:

Does anyone have a mirror of Lombard Station?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/k8424fu0q3f9egk/Lombard+Station+Final+Release.fomod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Vurt is at it again
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/66865

quote:

A Wasteland in Bloom - Not Your Ordinary Grass Mod!

Q: What does this mod do?
A: It places new grass meshes on to the various LandTextures, this is why it requires an .esp. I've only placed grasses on landtextures which spawns the default grasses already. I've also let the names of the textures guide me, e.g barren, grass, dirt.. dirt has more flowers, something named barren has instead cacti, agave, yuccas etc.

Q: is this mod lore friendly?
A: Inspiration is mostly from looking at the mojave in full bloom (google it - it looks fantastic and anything but dull and lifeless).... As for lore, the game takes place in a alternative universe, far off into the future, the mojave can look like anything..

Q: Can i use this with Wasteland Flora Overhaul?
A: Yes. And you should let this mod override its files, it should have higher priority.

e;
Not sure what to think of this one.
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/66858

quote:

The Blind Courier
This mod adds a new Challenge Trait to the game that makes your Courier severely blind, causing your vision to be permanently blurred on top of a -4 penalty to your Perception score.

It's not all bad though: Stick with it and you can unlock powerful perks exclusive to courier's afflicted with the Legally Blind Trait.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Apr 27, 2019

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i think this one would make me blind irl

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Nice, now I can finally do an immersive Zatoichi / Daredevil gimmick playthrough.

(I will never do this)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I hate needlessly vague mod authors. Hell, even Daughters of Ash, a Dark Souls mod that rearranges enemies, bosses, and items, has a dang readme.

Just tell me what the cool and unique perks are, guy.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

bony tony posted:

I hate needlessly vague mod authors. Hell, even Daughters of Ash, a Dark Souls mod that rearranges enemies, bosses, and items, has a dang readme.

I assume that they are Bad and That Is The Joke

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bony tony posted:

Look at the screen shots. One gives you 10 luck and some bonus AR during combat and the other vastly increases your accuracy during VATS.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Ironically, I didn't see them

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So after doing some tweaking I've discovered that the main culprits for my very very stuttery gameplay have nothing to do with improperly implementing the stutter remover fix. It's a mix of realistic wasteland lighting and the v0.322 enb binaries. I've been messing around with earlier enb binaries that are meant to be used with older presets and voila, no stuttering whatsoever. Activating realistic wasteland lighting with these changes brings back the stuttering and using RWL dependent enbs without RWL but with v.0322 also brings back the stuttering. So it's one or both of them hitting my framerate for whatever reason.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I ultimately just gave up on enb. In addition to occasional technical issues, it at least doubled my load times. And the AA solution is much worse than super sampling.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Different strokes I guess. I have a hard time going back to how flat everything looks and how bad the lighting engine is for gamebryo. It's really the ambient occlusion and detailed shadows that I appreciate the most out of ENBs. Plus while it is frustrating getting everything to work just right, at this point half the fun of my New Vegas playthroughs is tweaking and adjusting mod settings to get everything working together like an unholy Rube Goldberg device before it inevitably collapses in on itself.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I mean I'd use it if I could get it to work close to as well as vanilla fnv. Spent dozens of hours trying.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yeah enb for new Vegas/fo3 is complete rear end. Detailed shadows are nice but not worth the downgrade in antialiasing.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
This looks neat, it's nothing huge but it adds roaming "cowboys" (Brahmin/etc. herders) to the wasteland.

Home On The Wastes

Makes me want to finish compiling every cowboy-style weapon I found on the internet and do a full cowboy run

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Crindee posted:

This looks neat, it's nothing huge but it adds roaming "cowboys" (Brahmin/etc. herders) to the wasteland.

Home On The Wastes

Makes me want to finish compiling every cowboy-style weapon I found on the internet and do a full cowboy run

You just need a Winchester '73 mod and whatever retexture of Lucky you want. Why would you use anything else?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
A huge number of the links in the OP appear to be broken, did nexus change link structure at some point or are there just a ton that have been taken down?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Taciturn Tactician posted:

A huge number of the links in the OP appear to be broken, did nexus change link structure at some point or are there just a ton that have been taken down?
The link structure did get changed:
code:
Old: [url]https://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/#####[/url]
New: [url]https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/######[/url]

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 15:08 on May 14, 2019

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Raygereio posted:

The link structure did get changed:
code:
Old: [url]https://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/#####[/url]
New: [url]https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/######[/url]

Thanks, translating links will take a lot less time than trying to namesearch all of them

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well, Mod Organizer 1 Legacy has finally crapped out for me with these new API changes on Nexus. So I migrated my mods over to an MO2 installation, where the launcher promptly alphabetized everything in the left box. So now I've got a couple hours of tweaking ahead of me to put everything back together again.

Fun times.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

Well, Mod Organizer 1 Legacy has finally crapped out for me with these new API changes on Nexus. So I migrated my mods over to an MO2 installation, where the launcher promptly alphabetized everything in the left box. So now I've got a couple hours of tweaking ahead of me to put everything back together again.

Fun times.

What happens if you copy the modlist.txt from your original MO1 profile into your current MO2 profile?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ThaumPenguin posted:

What happens if you copy the modlist.txt from your original MO1 profile into your current MO2 profile?

Haven't tried that yet. I don't know if it will fix the alphabetized mod list but it's worth a shot.

EDIT: Nope, that won't work. Since I didn't copy the files and just moved them over, it updated the modlist and it's empty now.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 03:18 on May 15, 2019

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well it was an absolute Bastard but I got everything back together. I do like how MO2 lets you see how many left pane mods are active. 151 mods and textures out of 320 Holy poo poo what am I doing with my time.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
THANK you.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

uh i feel very uncomfortable right now

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

drkeiscool posted:

uh i feel very uncomfortable right now

quote:

We also had to break down Non-Consensual into two types, both of which are called Assault, and they both give the Assaulted status. The difference is whether you are the perpetrator or the survivor, and that is reflected considerably in the status effect. We are employing the term Assault very broadly to cover all forms of Assault, ranging from
yikes i thought this was just a funny little mod that made a joke of the fisto dialogue

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Video games were a mistake

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

bony tony posted:

Video games were a mistake

There's a good amount of games worth playing.

https://twitter.com/canyoupetthedog?lang=en&lang=en

Fallout isn't on here without mods sadly.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

You can pet the dog in Fallout 4, but you need a mod if you want to do it more than once

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Someone make a mod to let you pet ED-E

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

watho posted:

Someone make a mod to let you pet ED-E

Also all dog related dialogue is directed towards ED-E

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
My daughter wants to play Fallout 3 on PC after learning the magic of console commands. What are some decent QoL/bugfix/texture mods or even additions that keep the game mostly vanilla?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
For mostly vanilla, I'd go Tale of Two Wastelands (If you have all Fallout 3 + New Vegas DLC), NVSE, JIP NVSE Plugin, New Vegas Tick Fix, New Vegas Anti Crash, TTW Fixes, Weapon Mesh Improvements (TTW), and maybe Realistic Wasteland Lighting (TTW). That way, you can play both Fallout New Vegas as well as Fallout 3 in the upgraded engine. The INI file in JIP NVSE will let you use Big Guns/etc as well, which is great.

Otherwise if you want to get spicier, I'd look at getting FO3 running using any of the various guides out there, but the engine is pretty poo poo. More complex overhauls like Fallout Wanderer's Edition (FWE) will only really run in FO3 vanilla, so keep that in mind.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I tried FWE some months back and I gotta say I really didn't like what they did with the skill books

It's kind of a bummer to finish a dungeon only to get a skill book you can't even use

Weirdly enough it's also one of the only mechanics that aren't optional, pretty much everything else can be toggled off. Like there isn't even a submod available to make them work like in vanilla

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
A nexus user reuploaded Live Dismemberment since the original mod author deleted it for whatever resons,
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/67147

This is v1.8, I had backed up and been using v1.5 since forever so this is nice.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Private Kowalski, nooo!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Li’l Brudder...

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Time saver!

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/67160

quote:

Burned Creatures Drop Cooked Meat

[DESCRIPTION]
If an NPC/Creature died while on fire they will drop cooked variants of the food they had in their inventory (Ex. Killing a gecko while it is on fire will yield gecko steak instead of gecko meat). Dead NPCs/Creatures will also have the meat in their inventory cooked if set on fire.

Also changes the hockey mask from boosting the unarmed skill to boosting the melee weapons skill.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Does anyone have some personal settings for CASM they'd like to share? My CASM installation has gone absolutely haywire and is autosaving every three or four seconds instead of every five minutes. So far the only thing that seems to have slowed it down is for me to disable almost all of the autosave variables (autosave on combat, autosave on wait, etc) but even with everything but the most basic autosave functionality enabled it is still saving far more often than it should for my settings in the configuration menu.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Does anyone have some personal settings for CASM they'd like to share? My CASM installation has gone absolutely haywire and is autosaving every three or four seconds instead of every five minutes. So far the only thing that seems to have slowed it down is for me to disable almost all of the autosave variables (autosave on combat, autosave on wait, etc) but even with everything but the most basic autosave functionality enabled it is still saving far more often than it should for my settings in the configuration menu.
This sounds like some variable in CASM's script got busted? Have you tried removing CASM. Making a save. And then adding CASM again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Starting a new playthrough and having alt tab problems. It doesn't tab back in even though the process seems to be running fine. I can't get borderless window to work properly either for whatever reason.

I did the whole optimization/mod thing found on the new Vegas reddit.