Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

CaptainFuzychin posted:

Okay, so I've only just started playing and tinkering with modding New Vegas and I have a couple questions. First, would a unique weapon mod for Fallout 3 work in New Vegas? it's just a drop in mod that adds a new type of shotgun some guy on Nexus made that I like alot, and figured I'd port over if possible. I assume I might have to change the item number or something but otherwise I can't imagine they'd make any serious changes to how items exist within the game data, right?

Second, how much work would it be to make this for the game:

It's a gun I've built IRL and I think it'd be fun to incorporate it into the game, but I've got no experience modding what so ever (except some for Fallout 1 and 2, which is completely unrelated obviously)

pretty sure a gun like that is already in the game? I don't know anything about guns but it looks like the hunting revolver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

Missingno posted:

I know I sound like an idiot, but how do you display the guns all nice like on the wall?

There's possibly other ways to do it but the Underground Hideout mod that's in the OP has a display wall that does that.

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games
If you put a unique version of a gun up there it displays that.

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

Umph posted:

Hey so I've been playing around with 'wasteland defense' (where you build your own fort) and I was wondering, do any of you use a safehouse mod in addition to wasteland defense?

Like the 'Yangtze Bunker' mod looks like it has a fort build into it, and the 'Underground Hideout' mod looks to be in a pretty narrow area of land (not very much room above ground to build).

Basically, all I really need is a way to spawn a storage container or two that are flagged 'non-owned' or whatever so I can safely store my junk somewhere in the fort. But a player house type mod that I could build around would be perfect.

How difficult is it to create these mods? Could I potentialy create some sewer drain somewhere that links to a tiny generic room with a few lockers? Or does modding like that take a ton of effort?

Anyway any suggestions would be appreciated. Ideally I'd like my storage area/house surrounded by my wasteland defense fort surrounded by my 'Real Time Settler' town and enough room to do it.

The insane bastard deep inside of me thanks you.

e;

Is that underground hideout?

The latest version of underground hideout has an item that lets you move the entrance so you can stick it wherever you want.

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

Umph posted:

Awesome thank you so much!

No problem, it's a hammer in the main bedroom I believe :)

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games
This sounds like the most monkey cheese random poo poo ever and I'm glad I don't know what it is.

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

Demerzel posted:

Yea I completely would if I could get to taskmgr I can't on black screen but standby & back pulls the taskbar up in w7 at least, loading screens stay there forever.

Ok here's what I do. Press (AND HOLD!!!!) ctrl+alt+delete. It's advanced computer science I learned it in college.

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

An alternate roleplaying start mod has been released, allowing you to start the game from the perspective of:

1) New Republic of California
2) Caesar's Legion
3) Brotherhood of Steel
4) Great Khan
5) Freeside
6) Powder Ganger

Does this change anything beyond the start? It would be cool if it was integrated with the later bits of the main quest but I guess that would be pretty hard to do.

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Currently it doesn't change anything beyond the beginning quest, and your character doesn't receive a special disposition with their starting group. So it appears that you'll still be scrutinized by your faction as if you were the courier. Immersion aside, the mod seems like it has laid the foundation for more thorough alternate starts to be built off of.

Yeah I look forward to a mod that goes that far.

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

lipstick thespian posted:

I've long had a dream to play through the game as princess (the super annoying gate guard in little lamplight in Fallout 3) wielding a golf club and just basically driving the poo poo out of people. For this I need one of those overblown physics mods.

FWE had a setting where you could tune up the physics to ridiculous levels in Fallout 3, is there anything similar out yet for FNV?

EVERYBODY GOLF http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37991

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

Periodiko posted:

When I want to edit the .ini and have it stick, which of the three stupid files do I change? _default.ini in the application folder, or one of the two .ini's in the My Games folder?

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games
:negative: no wonder you're having so many problems with this game

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games
Almost every question I've seen you ask in this thread can be answered by reading the OP

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

lipstick thespian posted:

Nexus delivers again. :shepface:

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

RAD is right

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

Smuggins posted:

Darnified UI (F'n GREAT)

Is darnui more complete now? Last time I checked it out for NV it was still largely unfinished and a lot of stuff looked wonky.

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

Amstrad posted:

There's something about the leather armor + red beret that makes me feel very Spetnaz/SAS

I think it's because :ocelot:

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games
Is there an actual functional pokemon trainer mod?

Because I would download that mod.

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games
Are there any mods that change eating and drinking/food and water in hardcore mode? I find it really odd that almost every drink in the game makes you thirstier.

Sorry for asking instead of searching myself but the nexus search is awful.

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

FadedReality posted:

Puce Moose's More Demanding Hardcore mod changes a fair amount of the drinks, I believe. It does other things that make the hardcore game more difficult, but you aren't a camel. Well, I haven't looked around the Nexus too thoroughly but I'm going to guess you're not playing as a camel.

I'm not really looking for a harder game, just more/cooler options for dealing with my character's needs.

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'm not really sure what you mean by that, but IMCNNV is pretty much the de facto Hardcore overhaul. It's thorough and neurotic and takes into consideration everything from mood to proteins and carbohydrates.

Other than that, you have about 14 variations of mods that change thirst / sleep multipliers, or add / remove healing qualities from foodstuffs.

That looks pretty great, thanks. My problem with the current hardcore needs is that it just feels like pain in the rear end instead of an immersive mechanic.

"Oh no my food meter is a little high time to click a button in my inventory, problem solved" got old after an hour or so.

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'm not really sure what you mean by that, but IMCNNV is pretty much the de facto Hardcore overhaul. It's thorough and neurotic and takes into consideration everything from mood to proteins and carbohydrates.

Other than that, you have about 14 variations of mods that change thirst / sleep multipliers, or add / remove healing qualities from foodstuffs.

Alright I downloaded this and it's great but I can't figure out how the heck to turn ED-E in to a refrigerator. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

doomfunk posted:

Buy a refridgeration module from a store; Crimson Caravans should carry one, idk where else. Put that in Ed-E's inventory, congrats, he is now a freezer bot!

Hah that's practically the one vendor I didn't check. I was checking actual fridges and crafting recipes.

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

This is such a simple thing that I never really would have thought about it bothering me but this makes looting so much better. Thanks!

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games
Look south from novac, there are 4 fairly obvious pillars. It took me a while to find too.

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

Saoshyant posted:

I keep seeing you guys taking awesome screenshots of your characters, and I have no idea how. Is it a mod that lets you rotate the camera whichever way you like or...?

hold the f key or whatever key you bound to switch perspectives and then move the mouse around

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games
New Vegas redesigned in the OP is set hidden by the owner for some reason. Is there an alternative or am I stuck with gross melty people in my game?

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games
thanks guys

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

Gyshall posted:

Looks like New Vegas Interiors was released (by the actual guy that did the FO3 mod)

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1223320-relz-nvinteriors-project/

Awesome, he even has a world of pain compatible version, thanks for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games
I like AWOP because it can be a good break from when all I've been doing is talking to people and I've barely murdered anyone for a while.