Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Cardboard Box posted:

Does anyone have the Anthony Lings Couiffure mod for Fallout 3? It's necessary for the New Vegas version, but for whatever reason he made the Fallout 3 one hidden.

Same problem here. I can't seem to find any alternate downloads on google either, unlike the NVR stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Woebin posted:

I made a FOMOD of it along with the New Vegas version, just install with FOMM and you're good to go. Here it is, once my Dropbox finishes syncing.
Edit: It should be done syncing now, so the link ought to work.

Awesome, thanks. :)

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Is there a way to force tfc 1 to show your model while aiming down a gun with a scope? As it is right now if I try to use it, my character model seems to vanish entirely, and the only info I saw so far was more or less "use GECK to make the gun act like it doesn't have a scope" which is a bit more intense than I'm looking for. :v:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah, even in third person it'll drag you into scoped view. I was hoping there'd be a console command or mod to disable that from happening only when in third person view, but so far this FO3 mod is the only thing I've found and it seems to be universal. Worst case I guess I just don't put scope mods on stuff.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Cardboard Box posted:

To be fair, doesn't not actually using a scope defeat the purpose of attaching one in the first place?

I just wanna take cool screenshots of my character aiming with a sniper rifle, like Beeb's crazy poo poo from earlier in the thread. But it is not a big deal.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

Like this?

That's a mix of holding aim, enabling bullet time, letting go of aim and opening the console really quickly. Not the most elegant solution but with some trial and error, it works :v: Honestly third person aiming with bullet time and the no auto aim mod is a shitload of fun.

Also, was there ever a good reskin for either the trail carbine or brush gun?

I should have figured it was a trick like slowing the game down so much you could manage to enter the console before the scene changed too much. :downs: I'll grab the bullet time mod in the op then, thanks beeb.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Arenovalis posted:

Released the Riot Shotgun. That Gun will be up next :D

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41660

Oh hell ye-

Nexus posted:

Note: This will NOT work with any mods that alter the Riot Shotgun mesh without a compatibility patch, due to a layout change! In practice, this means it will look wrong with WMX/WME until appropriate patches are made by the authors.

:negative:

Can't wait for That Gun.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Mr E posted:

I have WME and the new weapon animations installed, which I think are the two mods that are conflicting. Both mods work fine, mostly, but when I go into iron sights on both rifles and pistols, it looks like the animation messes up, but I'm not really sure how to describe it. Does anyone have any idea of what I'm talking about?

Same thing would happen to me, yeah. I just tuned it out after the first hour or two. v:shobon:v

EDIT: No Readius here, though.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Psion posted:

I swear all I do is post about this. I have a file, called lombard_station_ammo_sorting_fix.7z which replaces the main and the GRA ESPs for Lombard Station. I know someone in one of the FO threads on this forum made the drat thing. Where's a good place to upload it, since I can't find the old link?

Mediafire is the service I tend to use and I'd imagine it'd be fine for what's probably just a few kilobytes of files. v:shobon:v

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

My game's suddenly crashing quite often on map transfer when for a fair bit it was relatively stable other than a map transfer crash after hours of playing. Any idea what might be doing it? It's every 5-6 transfers now which means I can barely get through McCarren let alone play properly around the Vegas area where I am now. I only have two followers with me despite the followers thing, it was purely so I could use two human companions at once.

code:
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Companion Core.esm
domecity.esm
NSkies URWLified.esm
NVInteriors_Core.esm
NVInteriors_ComboEdition.esm
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm
RobCo Certified.esm
CASM.esp
Purge Cell Buffers.esp
Vending Machine Remix.esp
OWB Valence Mask.esp
OWB Stealth Field Suit.esp
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
Sink Vending Machine.esp
MBOWBExtended60.esp
MBOWBExtended80.esp
MojaveExtended20.esp
MojaveExtended60.esp
MojaveExtended40.esp
MojaveExtended80.esp
MBOWBExtended100.esp
Cerulean Home.esp
FactionIDCards.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
Existence2.0.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
DLC WITM - Complete.esp
Improved Sound FX.esp
Improved Sound FX - Weapon Sharing Fix.esp
Improved Sound FX - GRA.esp
Improved Sound FX - Merged Major DLCs.esp
MBOWBExtended20.esp
MBOWBExtended40.esp
MojaveExtended100.esp
BrainPerkBugfix_Cardiac.esp
xatmosSkillPerks.esp
FalloutNVCheatTerminal.esp
LFox Infinite Companion Ammo Repair.esp
LFox Infinite Companion Ammo.esp
SignatureArmor.esp
SignatureWeapons.esp
RobCo Certified Friendly Hit Fixer.esp
UnlimitedCompanions.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
NSkies URWLifiedOWB.esp
NSkies URWLifiedHH.esp
NSkies URWLifiedDM.esp
UniversalPerkRequirements.esp
Lombard Station.esp
Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp
Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp
Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp
Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp
ILO - NVInteriors Project.esp
ILO - NSkies URWLified Patch.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp
Karabiner98k.esp
MaxFollowers12.esp

Total active plugins: 72
Total plugins: 72

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Smol posted:

Probably not your problem, but for starters you should activate only one of MBOWBExtendedXX.esp and MojaveExtendedXX.esp

Well, I did do this and it's not crashing anymore so maybe it did have something to do with it, since I had recently started listening to the Mojave radio station. :shobon: Thanks either way

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

I really like Gtab's ammo mod. It requires Honest Hearts, however:

http://www.zshare.net/download/906417447c92363f/

Hey beeb, the file to make Gtab's ammo mod compatible with the .45 stuff from Honest Hearts seems to be on a dead host. Any chance of a rehost, or has the .esm in the thread's opening been fixed to already include it? :shobon:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

I think this is the latest build.

Thanks, I ended up falling in love with loading ammo after playing around with GRA and was hoping to use this next time through. :shobon:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anyone have any recommendations for mods that add more ammo types? Breaking down stuff to make into useful rounds and unlocking new types as I level repair is pretty cool, but the OP's fairly outdated. I'm running WMX if that'd matter at all.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

BBD is a flaming trash heap :shrug:

EDIT: I realized despite the 4 or 5 times I've played this I've never gone for an energy weapons heavy build. Any good mods that add reasonable energy weapons to the game? Reasonable as in not hilariously overpowered and or shoddy looking.

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Sep 18, 2017

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

Honestly, the energy weapons in game are pretty sufficient, especially if you have GRA and all the other DLCs.

Honestly I just dislike how the laser pistol and rifle look and was hoping for some other low-powered early game energy weapon to use until I can rob the Van Graffs blind. :v:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I still use NMM because it Works For Me and it's what I'm familiar with. :downs:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Are there any good DLC integration mods? I know about Puce Moose's GRA one but is there anything of the sort for other stuff? I'd love to see LAERs and the BAR and the SMMG in the main game and not just their DLCs. :pcgaming:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Thanks guys, I'll muck about and see which one I prefer more. :toot:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

So I'm giving the sortomatic enabled default player housing mod and while it's okay I'm running into one irritating bug. None of the reloading benches seem to be actually 'there' beyond the visual of the model. I can walk through them, can't interact, etc. Any ideas why that might be happening? I do have NVSE and Sortomatic installed, naturally.

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Oct 5, 2017

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

JIP made an extension to NVSE and also a pretty good revamp of the crafting system that makes it a bit more user-friendly. In addition there's a mod to make the four faction safehouses a bit bigger and have proper crafting stations in each, a more streamlined character generation at the beginning if you're like me and don't want to go through the entire thing each time, a script to kill the annoying tutorial popups, and a nice scripted tag system for items. I consider most of them must haves.

If you want, there's a mod to add missing ammo to the crafting menu for guns and whatnot as well, and an extension for YUP if you use it.

I also like the Mineshaft Hideout but it's hardly required, just nifty, tiny, and not loaded with automated systems and doodads and end-game guns and poo poo.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Cross-Section posted:

The streamlined CharGen mod is sweet, but commits the unforgivable sin of removing Doc Mitchell's lines about your SPECIAL skills if they're especially low or high.

Really? He still commented on how the bullet did some good when I came out with 10 INT in my current run. :thunk:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Oh, one other one I forgot, Mobile Auto-Sorter. Literally just a pencil you buy from Chet that lets you interact with a container while crouched then label it one of a few different things. I like it more than most other sorter things because it works anywhere and it's foolproof simple.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I'm having clipping problems with ADAM Reborn and it is making me sadsack. Only mods I have installed that could maybe be responsible logically are the rugged race one so I can be a moldy oldy, and i guess possibly weapon animation replacers

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Gyshall posted:

Try this - https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/63025 although that looks like the race clipping through, not the armor.

According the TFH Rugged Race page the race thing is just a texture, not a model swap or anything. I'll give that a whirl, and I've currently completely uninstalled and am reinstalling new vegas so hopefully that works. :shrug:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I use Nexus Mod Manager because I am lazy and also works for me

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Are there any decent beginner guides on how to modify ESPs? I want the underslung M2 from the WMX Modern Weapons pack but don't want the other guns from it to show up because I don't think they fit the aesthetic much.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

1. Open ESP in FNVEdit.
  2. Make Modifications.
  3. Test in-game.
  4. Open in FNVEdit again, gently caress around until you break it.
  5. Restore from backup.
  6. Repeat.

Edit: I'll try and be slightly more helpful: The best way to learn to do it is to do it. Just open it up and start thwackin' away at it. Sounds like you'll want to edit the leveled lists entries.

I took your advice and went butcher pete on it and near as I can tell it's steady and stable with only the ma deuce available. Thanks mate. :hai:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anyone have any like, beginner guides to modifying meshes? I want to remove the neck covers from ADAM Reborn because they're clipping for some reason, along with the dumb metal water tin thing on the back of the ranger patrol armor since it makes a few weapons clip when holstered since it's at a different angle, but I have no idea how or where to start with it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

Download Nifskope to begin with. That will allow you to access the meshes. from there, you can select certain sections of the mesh to delete them. I'm not sure about the ADAM neck cover, but it might be removable. (I think it came from GOPHER's neck cover mod?) As for the Ranger Patrol Armor, I don't think that one can be easily removed because it's part of the torso mesh.

Yeah, I was able to remove the parts of the ranger combat armor that were clipping pretty easily. No idea how to remove the patrol armor tin can though, but the neck clipping was the real killer for me.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I've actually taken to leaving him alive during that encounter so that I can instead immediately tank my rep again the moment after getting Ceaser's Mark. :v: it also fits my roleplaying because taking on a group of dudes who just burned an entire town to the ground and crucified everyone that early in the game feels silly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

It's pretty much totally safe to just have them in the order they were released. DM, HH, OWB, LR, and then anything like the preorder packs or whatever.