Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

... Saiga-12 ...

I'd love to see this as well, but maybe I'm just biased because I have one. (And yes, they're as fun in real life as they are in video games.)

Would it be feasible to add in an RPG-7? There's already one added in the STALKER weapons pack but the author doesn't know how to add his weapons to the leveled lists for anything but vendors and I wanna get shot at with these guns, not just shoot them at people. Loving the pack so far; it's like Arsenal for STALKER but for NV and the readme isn't in Russian!

How complicated would it be to integrate this with Xcaliber?

Safety Hammer fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 27, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007

Naky posted:

No worries, Saiga's been added. I guess I could look at an RPG as well, though so far I've stayed away from rocket launchers. Might as well give them a whirl at some point.

Awesome, thanks. How complicated would it be to integrate this with Xcaliber so everything has the correct ammo? Hell, I'd do it myself if I knew how. The only game I've modded to any extent was STALKER however, and nothing really complicated. If anybody can give me a link to instructions on how to add new caliber ammo to the game with Xcaliber and associate it with the proper firearms I'd be more than willing to do all the 'grunt work' data entry and checking.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007

Naky posted:

Also, not to totally piss on your idea of making an xCaliber compatible mod of The Armory, it IS fairly easy to make one. You have to do the ini change to let GECK load multiple master files and load The.Armory.esm, and xCaliber at the same time without making anything active. From there it's a matter of going through all of the guns in GECK and changing their ammolists, projectile types, and shell casing artwork paths. Save it as your own esp and load it afterwards. Done!

I may give it a try at some point. My OCD wants that Russian ammo. Speaking of which, did you throw in a Makarov or a Mosin? I don't remember seeing them on the list.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
Well, I've mostly got it integrated into Caliber, except the recipe for the 9x39 ammo seems to be missing in it. Is it just a matter of simply adding the recipe in the GECK or what?

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
Arenovalis, those are lookin sweet. What do you model in?

I have The Armoury/Caliber done, except caliber is missing the recipes for the 9x39 ammo. I am apparently too retarded to fix it myself, because I can make a recipe, it shows up, but it succeeds only in eating all of the components and producing no ammo. I don't know what else to do, it should be outputting a round but it just doesn't. I may need to wait on Earache to fix it.

Naky, if you want I can try to fix up the textures if they're butt-ugly and flat. Like that rifle linked to earlier.

Safety Hammer fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 29, 2011

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
Also whoever make the texture for the Saiga does not know what the gently caress he's doing. I'm currently finagling a shotgun onto a flatbed scanner because he used the same grey photoshop clouds texture for the ENTIRE THING except the stock, foregrip, and pistol grip. Don't even get me started on the UV mapping.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
I've been working on the textures for a few of these models, trying to get them to not look like melted rear end. In the process of doing this, I've noted a few things that, in case anyone's thinking of making a weapon model for a game, do not need to be modeled on the gun itself. Things like: all of the internal components, the words on the frame/grip/anywhere else, the rifling, and especially the firing pin. It's not like the gun isn't going to shoot if the firing pin is on the texture and not modeled separately. Seriously. So many polys wasted on firing pins.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
Well, it's not 100% working but here's the Caliber compatibility mod for The Armory. The 9x39 ammo has no recipe and I can't get one to work; it just eats my components despite being pretty much identical to every other ammo recipe. If anybody else can figure out why let me know vai IRC so I can fix it. Let me know if I overlooked anything as well.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21315217/armory-caliber.esp

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
Why not just have both? As long as you keep updating the pack I'll keep updating the caliber compatibility patch. Eventually Earache might even fix the ammo recipe problem!

Safety Hammer fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Apr 6, 2011

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
This technology has been sorely lacking from the recent installments of Fallout. This weapon will be exclusive to The Armory unless somebody from Nexus steals it.

I'm thinking of doing some more melee weapons or knives from previous games as well.

I've also been working on this for that sweet new flamer effect:

I've also done new textures for a few guns; the XD, the Saiga, and the Stechkin.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
I did the caliber compatibility esm for the latest update, it's here

Edit: I can't seem to make the proper ammo spawn on npcs.. looking into it now. I think it's fixed, let me know if anything's not working right.

Safety Hammer fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 14, 2011

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007

Murodese posted:

I'm getting some weird blur sections over parts of my UI. For example, when moused over a friendly all subtitle text blurs, or when in the tab interface roughly half of the screen will be blurred. Halp :(

I'd suspect you're using some kind of depth of field mod? That's most likely what's causing it.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
Here's a preview of some armory-exclusive content. Seeing as how I don't actually know how to make weapons in GECK I'm just handing the model off to Naky and the rest of the crew to do it, so I probably won't upload it to nexus.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
I'm thinking of modeling some more classic video game energy weapons. Does this sound like a good idea? If so is there anything anybody wants to see in particular? I was thinking of doing either the plasma gun from Doom or the one from Xcom.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007

dog kisser posted:

Sounds great, could you do the modifications too like scopes and the like?

I could, though why you'd want a scope on a plasma machine gun is beyond me.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

How are people enjoying the Monster Mod? I'm thinking of putting it up in the OP if it's solid, since there's currently nothing like it.

I'm liking it so far except for the ant thing mentioned earlier. There's a few more offenders as well. I had to go into GECK and lower the health of a some of the new monsters, but I couldn't find whatever variant of regular ant those were. I haven't found a Bloodsucker yet, but I want to see if I can get them to go invisible like they do in STALKER. Nightkin do it so it should be possible.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007

SheepNameKiller posted:

There's a large amount of STALKER mutants in the monster mod since those were among the first works done by the mod author but there's also a jawdropping amount of custom stuff in there. The balance on creature HP and damage needs tweaking but the art assets and monster variety is slowly pulling ahead of where MMM for Fallout 3 left off and is absolutely of a higher quality than the VVV monster mod.

It seems like updates for Monster Mod have settled down so I guess I'll start on that rebalancing patch tonight. I'm already planning on toning down the ants but if anyone else has any other suggestions as to which mobs need their stats adjusted then please feel free to throw them out there.

I looked through their HP values and a few of them are kind of ludicrous. The Cave Mutant was one I toned down, I remember specifically. A few of the ghoul derivative ones I think had some 300+ hp as well. The tarantula, the antchula, and the larvae (I renamed it to larva) really need a HP reduction. I couldn't figure out which one of the ants were the reskinned ones with the retarded amount of health though. I like the STALKER monsters myself, because it's kind of humorous to me. I know next to nothing about GECK that doesn't involve ammunition, so I don't know if the bloodsuckers go invisible like they do originally, but there should theoretically be a way to make them, much like the Nightkin do.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
Since the first Bozar link is hidden and the only other one I can find is some kind of hack job, I'll try modeling it next.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
OK, I can't seem to figure out how to adjust the health of the monster mod monsters, it seems to keep making duplicate entries whenever I save it. I'm stumped, never used GECK for anything but changing calibers around.

Fixing the textures on these guns has been an interesting experience to say the least. Slapping a planar UV map on something then using the first picture that comes up in Google Image Search is not how you make a texture:psyduck:.
This is, no poo poo, the actual texture this model started off with:

I had to basically unwrap the whole thing and make a new texture from scratch. Dear Nexus users, if your texture doesn't look something like this you are doing it wrong:

I think what I'll do instead of making new models will be trying to fix the butt ugly CFWNV textures. I started on the 10mm pistol first.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007

Syrant posted:

Mateba, awesome. I am considering scrapping CFWNV for the time being if only because the drat Mauser and .44 DE XIX have incorrectly pointed firing sounds and... damnit the mauser is cool but I gotta figure out how to point it around in the GECK to make it actually have a report.

Edit: I must be missing something about the New Vegas GECK, doesn't seem to have any sort of installer.

We have a pretty good Mauser in The Armory, actually. Soon as I do most of these guns I'll probably scrap CFWNV all together. The meshes aren't bad, the textures are decently high resolution and unwrapped well (so far), but whoever textured them just kind of slapped some noise and solid color on em. I'm hitting the 10mm pistol first, because I have one in game. Next will probably be the plasma rifle, I found one of those recently. The iron sighting is atrocious on it though. If anybody has one they really want let me know and I'll prioritize it.
Original -> CFWNV default -> My texture

Safety Hammer fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 16, 2011

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007

Gyshall posted:

Holy poo poo, this is fantastic. Any shot of this in game? How about the Tommy Gun?

At any rate, this really good, much better than the default, and I like that you've referenced the original game.

Thanks. No in game shots yet, unfortunately as I haven't had a chance to sit down and actually play it for a while. There's a good Thompson in The armory already so I probably won't be doing that one from CFWNV.

Syrant posted:

I removed CFWNV and I didn't like the 10mm from the pack but that texture is much more detailed and looks like something I'd carry for aesthetics (which was why I carried most CFWNV weapons, just style). It looked too small to me but I may just be used to the 10mm model from FO3, a lot of those old icons for the weapons had details in them that you might need to study to really notice.

Edit: Where should I place the armory leveled list in my loadout if I'm using WME?

The goal is to eventually pester Naky into including the classic weapons that aren't in already because they aren't real guns, except CFWNV has some horrifyingly bad textures on some of them and they'd look really bad with all the other stuff. I'd like to just have one weapon mod installed and do away with all the others.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
OK, I'm having a hell of a time getting a kar98 (specifically the one from DoD:S) into a format that NV can use. If anybody has any experience converting Source models to anything else, get in touch with me via #thearmory on synirc.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
So right now I have better headshots, realistic health, and Arwen's med-tec mods installed. Project Nevada seems to do most of the stuff I have a bunch of mods doing. Has anybody used both, and how well do they compare? I'm mainly looking for stability at this point.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
If we're showing off upcoming content, here's what I'm working on at the moment. This is the untextured mesh, but the texture's about 70% done as of this posting.

After that I'm doing a texture for Naky's gun, then my gun:

Then I have to re do the texture for an Auto 9. I think that's all I've got on my list so far.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
This thing's seen better days since Duke3D:

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007

Cubemario posted:

I meant custom player models with custom rigs and entirely different appearances. Maybe it's been done on some level with MMM in FO3 and I don't remember. I suppose it's uncommon for the reasons you said.

I sometimes forget games are far more complicated than back in the days of UT where custom player models and the like were commonplace.

This is theoretically possible; they would have to add stuff to the skeleton for the bouncing tit mods. I know how to model, rig, and animate stuff, I just have no clue how to get it from MAX to NV. All I know is that the animation files are some kind of .kf file. I can't seem to find any documentation on naming hierarchy or what to do to make the game use custom animations.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007

Moldy Meatball posted:

It's beautiful... :flashfap:

Finally, I can tote around a full range of .50 BMG weaponry. Shame a .50 minigun is out of the question.

Funny you should mention that, there's gonna be one in OWB from what I heard.

I've seen one of those monsters in game and they don't look as bad as that screenshot. It looks really awful in the screenshot for some reason.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
Hey, Talkie Toaster, are you interested in using these for RobCo Certified? I did them up and gave them to the monster mod guy, but anybody that wants them can have em. It's the Floating Eye from the first two games and the godawful Hover Robot from Tactics. I'll probably make some more of the Tactics ones when I get a chance.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007

Talkie Toaster posted:

Sure, they look great. Never got that far through Tactics though, what did the Hover Robot do?
They were small, hard to see, and shot missiles at you. How do you want me to give you the models?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007

Herr Zealot posted:

Can anyone recommend a good overhaul mod in terms of game play changes?

I started off using Arwen's, but it gradually grew into a buggy overcomplicated mess. I still really liked the med-tec module though, and wish PN had something similar. Since I uninstalled Arwen's and about half a dozen other mods that do the stuff that's integrated in PN and started using PN my game's been a lot more stable. Just don't use the implant module, that's what I did because they seemed overpowered to me. PN is so adjustable that you can effectively make it do the same thingas Arwen's without all the bugginess.