Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"
Hey guys, have a question about The Armory. I love the collection (more guns means more fun in my book!), but I am spergy enough to be annoyed by the "incorrect" chamberings. Is there a way to get the weapons in v2 of the mod to use their proper calibers? I realise it will include plenty of editing and the CaliberX mod, but it really irks me when all the Russian AK variants eat 5mm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"

Naky posted:

You didn't see the CaliberX compatibility patch in the manual rar/FOMOD installation script? :)
Sorry, should have mentioned: I did, and I checked it. Nothing happened. Tried various load orders and restarted the game twice, still nothing. It might be that my version of Caliber is incompatible; which one do you recommend?

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"

Naky posted:

The latest one. Mirrored, because being forced to make 30 posts on a lovely forum is a terrible idea. If it still doesn't work after that, I'm not sure? I don't use CaliberX, and safetyhammer maintains it.
I was using 3.12, but upgrading to 3.13 did not solve the issue. All weapons still use their vanilla calibers. I will try shuffling my load order around a bit, but things look grim.

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"

Naky posted:

Put the CaliberX patch last after all your Armory optionals is what I'd suggest, especially if you're using the realism esps.
To clarify, is a CaliberX patch specific to The Armory meant to appear in the mod list? Because if so it has failed to appear every time I have installed through the FMOD.

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"

Naky posted:

Yeah it's supposed to. There might be a glitch in the script then... this is the CaliberX esp, so give it a shot.
Manually added the ESP file, everything is working. Thanks for the help Naky! At least my troubles let you find a script bug, so something good came out of it.

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

kudos goes to dazzFAGGOTerFAGGOTfong who takes 40000 polygons to render a loving weapon model

and spends 246 on a trigger. what a guy
holy poo poo what

I really must express my admiration and appreciation for you taking it on yourself to work your way through stuff like that.

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"

hairrorist posted:

What kind of motherboard do you have?

Only -really- old motherboards would only support 2gb RAM.
He might be using a laptop, they tend to be pretty limited in their memory choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"

Naky posted:

So if I released The Armory v2.5 tomorrow...
Not one more word, just give me my fix of wonderful, wonderful small arms. I have been putting off playing NV because I want to do a fresh Armory 2.5 + all DLC run and truly finish the game, and Skyrim is just what I fiddle with while waiting.