Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
If you've got the Underground Hideout or another custom base and hate trucking your companions back and forth from the Lucky 38 to your new digs, Follower Home Marker allows you to set any location as the default home for dismissed companions.

moot the hopple fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Dec 29, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I'm thinking of doing another playthrough with Project Nevada core, CCO, and the JSawyer mod like the rest of you guys. Should I give the CCO changes precedent in load order or JSawyer's? I mainly want a harder gameplay experience without bullet sponge enemies. Also playing an Energy weapons character this time, if that makes a difference.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
:siren:For anyone else having too fast gameplay/lip syncing problems with FNV4GB:siren:

Apparently enabling V-sync will fix these issues, or at least it did for me. Checking the V-sync box in Options might not be enough, make sure to edit the three .ini files in your main game directory and My Documents directory so that "iPresentInterval=" is set to 1 instead of 0. You'll have to decide if the sluggish mouse input is worth FNV4GB's improvement in performance/stability, however.

:negative:

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Capn Beeb posted:

Does Lombard Station need a patch or something after the last DLC? Cause some of my ammo and weapons aren't displaying on the shelves and walls.

I remember some weapons being futzy, either requiring you to use the auto sorter or manually putting them into the appropriate container to get them to display. Try both to see if that will fix it. Do you have all of Arenovalis' weapon retextures? IIRC, some weapons won't show up without them. Also, you probably know this already, but the unique variants of weapons will take the spot of normal weapons if there isn't a separate slot for them on the wall.

As far as ammo, I think some explosives simply weren't showing up for me, they just went straight to the unsorted container thingy or stayed in my inventory. That gap in my otherwise full shelves drove me nuts :spergin:

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Head north of the gas station where you meet Ringo, I believe a map marker is also included.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Does the version of Lombard Station in the OP still have that issue where some of your shotgun shells disappear every time you stock your ammo shelves?

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
For anyone getting Lombard Station crashes, make sure LombardStation.esp is listed above your add-ons, so:

Lombard Station.esp
Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp
Lombard Station - Honest Heart.esp
Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp
Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
Lombard Station - Gun Runner's Arsenal.esp

This seemed to fix my Lombard Station related crashes for some reason, YMMV, I don't know :shrug:

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Yeah, what was the voice director thinking, they should have insisted every white voice be done nasally and tweedy and every black voice to be deep and husky to appease your weird hang up.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Does there happen to be a mod that does incremental saving like CASM (i.e. making a separate save file every time you save) but limits or automatically deletes old saves? CASM's limits only applies to its own autosaves, not when you manually save. I'm trying to conserve space on my hard drive and it's getting annoying manually deleting these saves.

EDIT: Never mind, I just reverted to the original version of CASM without MCM which seems to do exactly what I was looking for. Can't adapt to these newfangled settings :corsair:

moot the hopple fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 31, 2015

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

You should never, ever be 'manually' saving. The whole reason you got CASM was so that you never manually save ever again. Right now you're using the in-game saves instead of CASM saves. This is a big no-no. This means you are mixing CASM saves with regular saves which is probably going to royally gently caress things up. Theres an option in CASM to bind a key to CASM save, which would be your 'quicksave'. They will delete themselves according to your options.

Yep, don't worry, I'm already doing this. When I said manually, I meant manually CASM quicksaving as opposed to the autosave conditions of CASM.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
A corpse there is weird when an Oblivion gate makes so much better sense in that location.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I believe there was a lingering issue with Lombard Station where sorting/stocking 20 gauge would eat up a couple of shells every time? Even so Lombard Station remains my go-to.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
That little path before the inner entrance is also poorly navmeshed so your loot packmules companions will sometimes get hung up and stop following you.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I like my base mods because I roleplay as a hobbit who likes to see his shelves and larders fill up.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
CASM hasn't been updated in a while and I hear it got deprecated with some of the latest plugins. What's the current go-to for save manager mods?

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Have you tried buying the Ultimate edition on Steam? If it's like other bundles, it should work where it discounts/removes items that you already have in your library and fills out missing DLC.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Any Lombard Station heads know what's supposed to be stocked in the gap on these shelves?

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
This is pretty slick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liaRCMLIcJY

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
rope kid is going to be streaming Project Mojave for Obsidian's charity stream tonight, starts in a bit.

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/1458218521964417024

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Arivia posted:

30 levels is likely enough for a good build, yes. I don’t mind making choices, I’m just a completionist who hates hitting the level cap and XP being wasted. Speaking of, how effective are small guns in New Vegas? When I played Fallout 3 GOTY unmodded everything felt like it was leading to power armor and giant guns and I hated it. I like my hunting rifles.

Aren’t there some things JSUE fixes that jsawyer itself didn’t or couldn’t? Like the separate GRA and regular weapons, I remember someone in here mentioning.

I think you would really like just the jsawyer base mod in this case. The changed level cap is actually level 34 (with the Lonesome Road level 50 perks such as "Just Lucky I'm Alive" being adjusted to level 34). Like you, I was initially bummed out about not having the extra perks that you'd get with a level 50 cap, but I've played several playthroughs with jsawyer now and felt like I was able to get everything I needed to define my build. Jswayer also adjusts the experience gain so everything progresses evenly. I'm also a completionist and I like having my progression time out as close to the end game as possible (you'll still hit the level cap before the end of the game if you plan on doing everything, but not as quickly and early as the base game).

Another good consequence of the lowered level cap is that enemies also don't have as much bloated HP due to level scaling. This was a huge problem in the DLC's particular. In the unmodded game, I remember being very frustrated in Old World Blues, having brought in my carry limit of ammunition and exhausting both that supply and all the ammo I could buy from The Sink on just a few enemies at the start because the enemies were sheer bullet sponges. I ended up having to make use of melee weapons and energy weapons that my build wasn't specced out for just to make it through. With jsawyer modded game, I went through it with Paciencia and Lucky and didn't struggle for lack of damage or ammo. So small guns remain perfectly viable if that's another one of your concerns.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Rinkles posted:

Oops, I hosed up my MO2 install when I was trying to get it working on my new computer.

Some pretty trippy results, doubly so with Existence 2.0 on the radio.

https://i.imgur.com/6s3TyBP.mp4

Just checking, you're not trying to give her faction PA, are you?

Neat update to the New Vegas Randomizer, now even the textures are random.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
The Chad Mormon .45 ACP vs the Virgin Mary 9mm

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

JSawyer added some deranged ones in his mod near Wolfhorn Ranch. Same place Ulysses was originally going to be found.

EDIT: It's been forever but I've decided to download a new mod, how do I get it to show up on the Mod Organizer? Move its files to the Data Folder of New Vegas?

Click the install from archive button from Mod Manager and it will do it for you.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Sign of life from the F4NV folks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oFuQdhzNdg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I dread seeing the roulette wheel loading icon spinning for more than a couple seconds. Makes me feel like a real gambler hoping I don't hit a cold number (read: crash)