Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Naky posted:

Just going to repost the download link for the retexture of the that awesome original Rhino hand cannon, minus all the tacky writing n' poo poo on it. This rar includes the normal map fix I had to do a few days afterwards, by the way.

I won't bother relinking the weapons pack I did very early on as a lot of them have been ported over by their original authors. I think the only weapons left in my pack that haven't been converted yet were the few melee weapons I did. Meh.

Do you have a screenshot of that retexture by chance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Here are some of my favorite mods that haven't been mentioned (or not mentioned enough...)

Extended Repair Kits has become my preferred repair kit mod of choice. Changes Weapon Repair Kits into "Repair Kits" that can repair armor, weapons, or your helm. Quite nice.

Alternative Power Armor Training - not as "integrated" as the Fallout 3 version, but it still provides a way to get power armor training without joining any other factions.

Underwater Visual Effects - makes being under water look better.

Manual Reload - removes automatic reload altogether. Pretty sweet.

Realistic Repair - I use this for the most comprehensive overhaul of how armor and weapons are repaired (you can now use duct tape, tin cans, etc. to repair)

Lootable Old Cars turns cars into containers (they still explode) with scrap metal, scrap electronics, etc.

Active Wasteland - This mod makes misc items like Clocks, Lamps, Ovens, and such "interactable" and more useful (you can turn lights on and off, for example.)

Cacti of the Wastes - Cacti!

More Grass - just makes the grass a bit more dense.

Scrap Laser Gun - a sweet loving craftable low level laser pistol. I mean, really, this poo poo is awesome and it's a shame it doesn't get more attention.

Bear Trap - just that, let you pick up and re-arm traps, as well as craft new traps.

Original Fallout 3 Weapons + Iron Sight Meshes - supplements/adds the original Fallout 3 weapons back into the game. (sup combat shotgun)

More Unique Weapons - pretty decent mod that adds a bunch of unique versions of weapons that didn't have them before.

Homemade Grenades - self explanatory.

Pre-Order DLC Alternatives - adds more "starting kits" or gives you a starting kit of armor/weapons as alternatives to the official/exclusive (bullshit) DLC.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I'm thinking that poo poo needs to go into the OP.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
The 2 key is used to change ammo, actually, not reload.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I've been playing with the Reactive People combat mod and it is pretty sweet, if a bit broken, but it makes playing a stealth guy so much fun.. I used XFO's tweaks and updated AI packages on top of it to make damage more important (so one or two shots can kill) and the combat has been pretty enjoyable. Along with the manual reload, bullet time, and sprint mods, the game pretty much plays fast paced as gently caress. Basically, if you get spotted, you're hosed. It also has a knife hotkey (like the grenade hotkey), which is also pretty sweet. You can also disarm people and fit them with a slave collar for one reason or another.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 3, 2011

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
That rifle is glorious.

e: And reason enough to start working on a leveled list script compilation thing.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Talkie Toaster posted:

Just to drag up a post from like ages ago, I made Companion Share & Recruit which did this for Oblivion & Fallout, and I've got a version for New Vegas done but not actually had time to test it in actual play what with exams and coursework. Would anyone be interested in giving it a beta test? It lets you recruit anyone with a speech difficulty dependent on their level, and have them follow/hack terminals/pick locks/pants people/heal each other in combat, and recruiting people from some factions grants you companion perks and your companion abilities (like if you recruit a Great Khan you get addiction resistance and can get them to make chems 1/day).

Yes, oh god yes.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
CASM is a much better alternative to Quicksaves. Also check out SaveKey.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Arenovalis posted:

Ha, I textured that Vintorez back in 2007, I should rust it up a bit more for New Vegas tbh :p

(it was originally made for Counter-Strike: Source, so many of the Fallout 3 custom weapons are ported without permission >_<)

E:/ Released the Assault Carbine!

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39431

Dude, you are truly doing god's work. Thanks.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Amstrad posted:

I did a thing.

DOWNLOAD

Thanks, this loving owns.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I just realized I need either a Lebowski bathrobe or a Walter Sobchak outfit.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
^^ Double goddamn. I hope you're considering making the outfit/boots and poo poo too, because that would be amazing.

Roman posted:

Just updated my Talon Pack. Improved the Hardened Assault Rifle Stats (increased base damage (16 DAM x 8 ROF), allowed for multiple ammo types, etc.) and it now has an awesome skin by Arenovalis! Thanks, man!

And of course the Nexus chose this exact moment to crash, so here's a RapidShare link. If you already have the pack just overwrite both files.
http://rapidshare.com/files/441894744/TalonPack-v1_2.zip
EDIT: Never mind, Nexus is back up:
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39441

God drat, man. I'm going to use that on the FO3 weapons too. These retextures are easily the best weapon textures I've seen done in Fallout 3 or New Vegas. :fap:

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 11, 2011

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
How would I go about making jumping in game use AP? Is that even possible?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

SheepNameKiller posted:

I'm on the other side of the equation I think, I'm actually really impressed with the cyberware stuff. I don't know if I would've said adding implants and turning the game into deus ex would be a must have but it seems like they've been professionally implementing it and it's probably good enough to be worth a try.

Yeah, I think it will be pretty sweet. I'm curious what other changes they are making. The Helm POV one looks pretty good and could be sweet if it works.

More modding questions - is it possible to force first person view all of the time? Basically disabling third person view.

Not strictly a mod but wouldn't hurt to have in the OP: Mark Morgan's Fallout 1 and 2 Remasters have been re-released. I'm using the tracks that aren't in New Vegas in New Vegas. Just drop the MP3's into the relative music folders, although it may need to be converted to CBR MP3s if you experience stuttering.

e: Also have to give another vote for Vmods Suite, which combined better binoculars, grenade and melee hotkey, sprint, bullet time, and a bunch of other mods into one with a nice cohesive menu to tie it all together.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jan 12, 2011

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah I think that's what it is: I get a strong Deus Ex vibe from it. Coincidentally, I am a big Deus Ex fan too...but for whatever reason this is one peanut butter I don't want with my chocolate.

What? This somehow slipped by me. Thank you. Updated.

I'll have to plug this other music mod from Fallout 3 which I think fits in real well with the rest of the soundtrack - Earthquake. Lots of western-esque guitar twang and poo poo. Just don't use the battle music, its some kind of industrial poo poo that isn't nearly as good as the explore/public musics.

Yeah, it's a Fallout 3 mod, but it works just fine for New Vegas.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

The_Censorship_Nazi posted:

Well, there was an Energy Weapons DeNerf mod that popped up some time ago, that might help close the gap a little bit.

Actually, the latest patch buffed energy weapons pretty significantly thanks to JE Sawyer and co at Obsidian. I think the last time Energy Weapons Denerfed was updated was before the most recent patch, so take that as you will.

So a few more awesome little known mods and tweaks I have found in the shitpile that is the Nexus:

- Human Body and Face - New normals - this makes the default bodies and skins look updated/detailed without making nude poo poo or adding any high res textures at all.

- Reinforce Armor - this mod is one of those small ones that I really wish wouldn't get buried beneath all of the poo poo on the Nexus. You basically get to take armors and reinforce them with Scrap Metal and so on to create reinforced versions of said armor. For instance, Scrap metal + wonderglue + Metal armor = Metal Armor, Reinforced.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

doomfunk posted:

Hi guys, I mentioned forever ago, like the old thread, I was working on some content for NV. It's been a lot of learning and slow going on my part, but I think after some polish and thorough testing and tweaking I'll be good to release pretty soon.

Some WIP shots or something:

It's a bundle of 7 armours for male and female characters, and will also be sort of an overhaul of the Vet Ranger loot tables. I feel I'm nearly done, I think.

I still have to do all my alpha textures. :smithicide:

These look loving awesome. When you say overhaul of the Vet Ranger tables - do you mean these will be in addition to the armors they already have? At any rate, these are sick and I will use them as soon as you're done.

SheepNameKiller posted:

Somewhere near the bottom of your load order you should have this and in this order, load order is really important in this case since some of these mods overlap. Highways and Byways is optional of course.

LUMENARIUMandELECTROCITY - Nevada Skies Replacer.esp
URWLNV.esp (http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35570)
Electro-City - Completed Workorders.esp
Electro-City - Highways and Byways.esp
Electro-City - Emittance.esp
URWLNV Darker Night.esp (http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35315)

Once you get in game you select emittance level MED, which is actually very important to getting the desired look. And don't forget to disable the nevada skies weather patterns so that it doesn't bug out URWL.

Are you using any INI tweaks? I think Electrocity recommends some.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
That sounds great. Can't wait to play it.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Dickeye posted:

Mind throwing it on mediafire/mu?

Seconding this.

Any recommendations for a DOF mod that works good in first person? I have tried the DOF Depth of Field mod but it tends to blur the poo poo out of the gun when aiming - but it isn't a pleasing effect... if I aim at a pole or tree, the DOF effect will blur only certain areas of the gun. Likewise, if I look up at the sky, it only blurs the top part of the gun.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I usually just rename the Data directory and then Verify Game Files through Steam.

Are there any good "test cell" mods - or a test cell built into New Vegas? I want to be able to test leveled lists, NPCs, stats, and poo poo.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 14, 2011

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I've been testing Project Nevada the past two days and I have to say, it is pretty sweet. Way more modular than FWE was - and everything is polished as gently caress. The Cyberware part is actually one of the best portions of the mod - I didn't think I'd like an implant overhaul, but they made it pretty seamless and real fun.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I've tried a million different "gore tweaks" but can't find one that makes peoples' heads blow up instead of fall off when I shoot them. Recommendations?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
That screenshot is perfect, what lighting/weather mods are you using?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

victrix posted:

I'm using the Sprint mod they have in there, it is fantastic. I hate the default movement speed, but Sprint actually integrates into the gameplay, rather than just being a 'move faster' plugin

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34943

Anyone know if the grenade/thrown weapon bit is a separate mod also? I'd love to install that.

edit: nevermind, found it http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38808

For sprint/grenade/melee key in one, try Vmods suite.

The difference between Vmods suite and Project Nevada are much different, though - Project Nevada is pretty much polished as gently caress, at least the core and Cyberware modules I've tested. Sprint and bullet time are integrated perfectly, and the grenade key also handles melee/thrown items as well. Everything is configurable through an in-game menu (as in pressing Escape => Clicking on the Project Nevada menu item.) I think the menu module will allow for other mods to plug into it and offer a configuration menu in game without having to clutter up the misc and aid tabs with useless configuration items.

It also has health visuals (screen desaturated for lower health which looks sweet) and the visor option is well done (it's pretty much the same mod from FO3.)

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

RagnarokAngel posted:

I actually was thinking of Metro 2033 when I said that. I love the "filters" like how the Brotherhood of Steel power armor has that green filter, it looks really neat and immersive. Maybe we can suggest they keep that but lose the outline, or at least offer it in two flavors, outline and filter or filter only? Do they have an email we can reach them at?

Here is the thread for Project Nevada on the bethesda forums, it should have all you need to know.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Toasta posted:

This game really is almost too much fun.

I'm on track to dump more loving hours into this game than any other Bethesda game.... New Vegas is exactly what I've always wanted - an easily moddable CRPG from Obsidian.

e: I can't remember if I mentioned this before, but I've switched from using the Lootable Old Cars mod to this one - Salvage Perk. It adds a perk that you can take on level up with sufficient Survival/Repair to loot stuff like cars, radios, old computers, etc. It's a much better implementation of the same thing Lootable Old Cars does. Along the same lines, I've added Arts and Crafts, which adds more crafting recipes at camp fires for the sole purpose of reselling. I'm using it in conjunction with Bartertown, which makes a barter/speechcraft guy much more rewarding. I've tagged survival/speech/barter and Boone and I run around selling all the stuff we make from the stuff we kill :downs:

I'm also using Color Me Evil for a rebalance of the Karma system. This mod is like Killing Karma Rewards Fixed or whatever where it removed the drastic Karma gains/losses for just killing people, depending on their own Karma level. This goes a bit further - for instance, killing all of Goodsprings now makes you more evil (as it should) than vanilla. Likewise, just killing a bunch of fiends won't make you a Wasteland Saint. I've found that you pretty much need a Karma overhaul when using mods like Increased Wasteland Spawns, and this one fits the bill pretty well.

I've recently added Universal Perk Requirements to my new game playthrough - what it does it makes perks like Rapid Reload affect both Guns and Energy Weapons, and perks like Unstoppable Force affect melee and unarmed weapons. At higher difficulty levels/with damage overhauls, I find it balances out pretty well and goes a bit to make other weapons as viable as guns. I should also mention the Handi-cappable trait, which raises all your SPECIAL stats in exchange for a bum leg, ala Arcanum. With XFO's crippled leg overhaul (you walk slow as gently caress with one/two crippled legs) it makes for a pretty interesting character to role play.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 20, 2011

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Mister Bung posted:

Survival 50, Repair 50 are reasonable high stats though. I think I'll stick with Lootable Old cars for conveniences sake.

True, but I think Lootable Old Cars makes it almost too easy to get scrap metal/scrap electronics - especially with a repair mod that lets you repair items with scrap metal. LOC makes the first part of ED-E's quest a bit too easy, if you ask me.

another edit: Does anyone know how crafting/repair lists work? Is there an option to merge them in Wyre Bash at all? My concern is that I'm starting to add more crafting mods and I don't know if one will overwrite other crafting lists or not.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jan 20, 2011

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

SheepNameKiller posted:

Form IDs

Gravy, thanks. What tags or method do I need to use in Wyre Bash for this?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Oh, hey, someone made a Throwable Mine mod. Complete with lovely anime girl character video demonstration.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Is it possible to add "bosses" to spawn points within the GECK? What I want to do is take all the different weapon and armor mods and poo poo that I have and put them on different named NPCs around the wasteland.

A Lamer posted:

Since original FO3 weapons were brought up, does anyone use a mod to reimplement any of the FO3 craftable weapons, like the railway rifle and nuka grenade? There are a few, but I'd like to hear recommendations.

This guy added a bunch, I'm using them and they work great.

Finally, my internet prayers have been answered - Fully Integrated DLC Items adds all the preorder items into the leveled lists, so you don't start out armed to the loving teeth.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jan 23, 2011

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
gently caress, double post

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Machismo posted:

I think it is safe to say Electro-City is the first thing to turn off when crashing. Has some lovely parts like near Novac and the Strip when you first get there.

Eh, since installing it I have had no crashes at all. Make sure to use the patch for Increased Wasteland Spawns (included in Electrocity) if you're using it.

To the goon asking for URWL + Nevada Skies - I'm using Nevada Skies - URWLified with the regular Electrocity ESP files and it looks great.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Speaking of No Country for Old Men, did anyone ever make a silenced shotgun that doesn't suck?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

WME has a silencer for the hunting shotgun, and it is very fun to use.

Has anybody checked out the Happy Tactical Squad mod yet? Stupid name aside, it sounds like an interesting companion-based mod. The author describes it better than I can, though.

Two problems with that - I've switched to WMX, and it doesn't look like the one Chigurh uses. No worries though.

A new question - has anyone come across a mod that lets you make a custom jukebox/radio? I want to make a radio that I can place in my Underground Hideout and have it play my own custom MP3s for the entire cell, kind of like Sheppard's cabin in ME2.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

SheepNameKiller posted:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34999

You can design your own radio station with MP3s using that link. Once you have your radio station configured, just open UH in FNVEdit, locate the activator for the radio (it is the first activator in the list, shouldn't be hard to locate), and set the RNAM radio station variable to use the station you've created in RACE. You'll probably need to add the RACE station mod to UH as a master before it will let you do this, but that's not difficult and there's literature on how to do it in FNVEdit's manual.

How does WMX compare to WME by the way? I'm seriously torn on whether it's worth making the switch, but it's a little more tempting now that there's an inventory sorter patch out for it.

Cool, that looks about right.

edit: Why didn't I use Underground Hideout before now!? I am a bad person.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jan 24, 2011

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Smuggins posted:

I have increased stuttering and in the underground hideout, specifically in the "secret door" area I get Black screen crashes which I normally do not get. (I have been very lucky on crashes-performance since day one)

I've had some stuttering/hanging issues with it in my load order as well. When inside or around the hideout, I get "pauses" every so often when moving the mouse around.

With it disabled, my game runs just fine. Which sucks, because the hideout is pretty sweet.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Anyone with Underground Hideout who knows scripting able to crack open the ESP and check out the script on the Radio/jukebox items? I've added a new radiostation using Radio Active Channel Extender, but it doesn't show up on the Radio/jukebox option - it looks like the choice is coded into the script on the activator for the radio and jukebox. Any ideas how I could add the radio station as an option?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

SheepNameKiller posted:

Scripting still confuses the poo poo out of me unfortunately.

You and I both. I have a bunch of ideas for sweet mods that could be done but I can't seem to wrap my head around scripting for this engine. Oh well. I guess I should start small before trying to make anything too sweet.

Maybe this is what I'm looking for? http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/Radio_Stations

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 24, 2011

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

SheepNameKiller posted:

From what you're saying, the problem is due to the fact that the UH radio has a script attached that lets you choose between stations. Normal radios in NV don't behave like this, just have an on/off state, so converting the UH radio to a normal radio and changing the radio station in FNVEdit should be enough to make it work.

Ah, I see. I guess I can probably just find a radio in the vanilla game and copy/paste the script from it onto the UH one. In theory, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I'll give that a shot, thanks.

I could just turn the radio station on in my Pipboy, but my immersion, etc.