Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Alternatively, "~", then "tfc", which toggles free camera mode. The caveat is that you'll have to restart your game if you care about getting achievements, but eh.

Any mods that make it so you don't have to do this every time you press tilde?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Hrm, my game is crashing on load into Aerotech Office Park, of all places:
code:
[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] NVCE Main.esm
[X] IWR.esm
[X] FNVToolkit.esm
[X] Frequency.esm
[X] More Perks.esm
[X] rePopulated Wasteland.esm
[X] SCAV.esm
[X] SpeedyResources.esm
[ ] Tales from the Burning Sands.esm
[X] Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
[X] WME - Dead Money.esm
[X] WME - Honest Hearts.esm
[X] WME - Old World Blues.esm
[X] D.E.I.M.O.S..esm
[X] LFox Stealth Suit Bug Fixes.esp
[X] DarNifiedUINV.esp
[X] CASM.esp
[X] BIS - Brumbek's Inventory Sorting.esp
[X] BIS - Dead Money.esp
[X] BIS - Honest Hearts.esp
[X] BIS - Old World Blues.esp
[X] BIS - Lonesome Road.esp
[X] BIS - Promo DLC Caravan Pack.esp
[X] BIS - More Cactus Water Recipes.esp
[X] DynamiCamera.esp
[X] IWR - Rebuilt.esp
[X] The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
[X] Area 51 - Project Roswell.esp
[X] Offroad Shelter Final.esp
[X] agcTARDISnv2.esp
[X] PMT - Destructible Ordnance.esp
[X] PMT - Faint Heartbeat.esp
[X] PMT - Sound Fixes.esp
[X] PMT - Assassin Suit Tweaks.esp
[X] PMT - OWB - Sonic Emitter Robot Damage Fix.esp
[X] OWB Valence Extra.esp
[X] OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
[X] OWB Companion Teleport.esp
[X] Custom K9000.esp
[X] NewVegasBounties.esp
[X] NewVegasBountiesII.esp
[X] TimeCapsule.esp
[X] More Perks Update.esp
[X] LegBloatflyPerk.esp
[X] Frequency - Dead Money Patch.esp
[X] Frequency - Honest Hearts Patch.esp
[X] Frequency - Old World Blues Patch.esp
[X] pipboy2500_edisleado.esp
[X] PipLantern.esp
[ ] DFB - Random Encounters - Patch 3.4a.esp
[X] Rustyhwys.esp
[X] Sprint Mod.esp
[X] BIS - Sprint Mod.esp
[X] LegendaryHunter.esp
[X] Better Binoculars High.esp
[X] BIS - Kobu Better Binoculars High.esp
[X] dressup.esp
[X] Journeyman Armor.esp
[X] Vagrant Armor.esp
[X] Road Warrior's Armor.esp
[X] Desert_Scorpion.esp
[X] JRougeRangerCoats4Loot.esp
[X] Seeker Armor.esp
[X] w44Satchels - Full.esp
[X] NVCE DLC01.esp
[X] NVCE DLC02.esp
[X] NVCE DLC03.esp
[X] NVCE DLC04.esp
[X] UnlimitedCompanions.esp
[X] NVDLC02 Extensions.esp
[X] NVDLC04 Allegiance.esp
[X] Breathing Mask Fix.esp
[X] noautoaim.esp
[X] Color Me Evil.esp
[X] GrenadeHotkey.esp
[X] BIS - Grenade Hotkey.esp
[X] GrenadeHotkey - DeadMoney.esp
[X] Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
[X] AG Supplementary Uniques WME.esp
[X] AG Supplementary Uniques-Dead Money WME.esp
[X] AG Supplementary Uniques-Honest Hearts WME.esp
[X] AG Supplementary Uniques-Old World Blues.esp
[X] BIS - Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
[X] Mod Loot - 2. Reasonably Rare (WME).esp
[X] WME - Dead Money.esp
[X] BIS - WME - Dead Money.esp
[X] WME - Honest Hearts.esp
[X] BIS - WME - Honest Hearts.esp
[X] WME - Old World Blues.esp
[X] WME - Arenovalis.esp
[X] WME - Dead Money Arenovalis Retex.esp
[X] BIS - WME - Dead Money Arenovalis Retex.esp
[X] WME - Honest Hearts Arenovalis.esp
[X] BIS - WME - Honest Hearts Arenovalis Retex.esp
[X] Frequency - WME Patch.esp
[X] Frequency - WME Honest Hearts Patch.esp
[ ] Frequency - WMEVE Patch.esp
[X] SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
[X] Fellout.esp
[X] ILO-RI-Original Lucky38 Suite.esp
[X] Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
[X] ILO-RI-Dead Money.esp
[X] ILO-RI-Honest Hearts.esp
[X] ILO-RI-Old World Blues.esp
[ ] ILO-RI-Rust Town.esp
[ ] ILO-RI-PipBoy Light.esp
[X] OWB-Path Lights.esp
[X] Imp's Timescale Adjuster.esp
[ ] Bashed Patch, 0.esp
[ ] OWB Stealth Field Suit.esp
[ ] OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
[ ] Frequency - AG S. Uniques Patch.esp
[ ] Merged Patch CODE Vwoorp.esp
[ ] Merged Patch CODE PreLC.esp
[ ] Merged Patch CODE PreLC 4realz.esp
[ ] Merged Patch CODE Dovesome.esp
[ ] Merged Patch CODE Ordersome Road.esp
[ ] Merged Patch CODE Lightsome.esp
[ ] Merged Patch CODE Legionsome.esp
[ ] Merged Patch CODE Crashsome.esp
[ ] Merged Patch CODE CrashLESS.esp
As you can see, I disabled Tales of the Burning Sands because I hear it modifies a part of that particular cell, but nope, still crashes.

Another little thing I noticed; game doesn't crash in the loading screen, but rather like, a millisecond after loading into the cell, so it might be having problems loading NPCs or usable objects... or not, I really don't know :sigh:

EDIT: Also I'm running the 4GB patch as well as the Fake Fullscreen mod, if that makes a difference.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 26, 2011

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Cicadalek posted:

Does anyone have a link to the most recent version of Darnified UI? Google turns up like 3 different versions and none of them seem to be the (complete) one I used to have before I reinstalled
This is the version linked to in the OP; to my knowledge, it's the most recent one out there: http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1143482-wipzbeta-darnified-ui-nv

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Or you can be a cool dude and use Mod Organizer, to which they just added full FOMOD support. (The FOMOD stuff is in the optional files, NCC v0_2 specifically; just make sure you download the 0_11_5 update, as it is the only version of MO that can run that version of NCC at the moment)

Arenovalis posted:

pretty guns
Lucky is pretty much my favorite revolver to use in the game (Mysterious Magnum PFFT), glad to see you're doing it some justice.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Aug 12, 2012

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Hmm, I'm running Win 7 64-bit and I haven't had any problems like that. Is your Steam folder located in Program Files? I've heard programs like Mod Organizer have issues with permissions and the like if they're located there.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

FronzelNeekburm posted:

My Steam folder is on a separate non-UAC drive, but Mod Organizer doesn't seem to be aware of UAC at all. So the installer tries to just copy MO into Program Files, which fails, and it doesn't add the program properly to the Start Menu, so the application doesn't even show up if I type its name in (which is also complicated by "ModOrganiser.exe" going into the "ModOrganizer" folder). And when it tries to update, it can't for the same reason. And it also spits out some warning about not being able to apply ini tweaks when it closes.

I fixed most of that by forcing it to run as Administrator, but at least NMM has an installer that works.

Contrary to what the installer suggests, you're actually supposed to install Mod Organizer to the game folder like so:

Also, I don't believe the installer adds the game to the system registry (hence the lack of a shortcut), but you can do such (adding a shortcut, either to the start menu or the taskbar) via context menu on the program's exe.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Hrm, I'm running JSawyer, and when I ran into those particular groups (that is, if you're referring to the ones I'm thinking of), only one of the Vipers had a grenade rifle. Are you running any mods besides JSawyer that might be modifying the spawns?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Regarding the "friendly marked men in Lonesome Road" problem:

SplitSoul posted:

setenemy x x 0 0 where the x's are the base IDs for the LR player faction and Marked Men faction, which I can't find right now, but you can look it up in the ESM with FNVEdit.

Yes, I know this is old, old, old, but after about 20 minutes of tearing my hair out over this, I found out that you have to input the vanilla game's player faction (0001b2a4), not the DLC's.

So in the console, the whole thing put together will look like this:

code:
setenemy 0001b2a4 04008d74 0 0 

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

SpookyLizard posted:

Is there a good guide or tutorial for making either of those?

To make a Merged Patch, download FNVEdit, let it run its background loader, then click the "Create a Merged Patch" option on the context menu (which can be found by right clicking on the list of esms and esps). Pretty simple process, really.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Arenovalis posted:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/47714/

Released my .357 revolver retex finally. Also includes mods and Lucky :)

Yessssssss :clint:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

It's worth noting that the version of EVE that's integrated into NVEC runs as smooth as butter, with zero crashes. Well, at least no EVE-related crashes.

Those critical hit kills... :catdrugs:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Is registering for Alluvion broken at the moment? Can't get it to recognize my username, not even my user id.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Horns posted:

It's incompatible with Fake Fullscreen ("Fallout is not running" error), if that matters.

I got around that by using Simple Runtime Window Editor, which is linked to in the misc. section of this Skyrim mod's page. Really nice general purpose "fake fullscreen" utility, works with not only Skyrim and NV but a bunch of games.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I had this same "bug" when using Lings with NVEC; my solution (which, granted, won't even apply if you're not using NVEC) is to untick the compatibility patch for the two in the mod manager. Didn't have any issues after that.

Thing is, the main version of the mod shouldn't even have the NPC hairs enabled; you have to download an optional file from the same page if you wanna see them. Somehow, the compatibility patch re-enabled them. :raise:

e:
modding.txt

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Sep 1, 2013

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

It's really strange reading about PRESIDENT GOKU's problems, having just a few weeks ago re-installed F:NV and installed mods using EssArrBee's excellent guide for Mod Organizer. The only problems I've had so far are some crashes that have, weirdly enough, only occurred when I play the game in windowed mode. I guess it speaks to this whole ordeal that even on a seemingly "perfect" install, New Vegas will still bug out in the most random of ways.

Also, y'all should check out UI Organizer; basically does all the work of managing all these dang UI mods (including modifying xml and ini lines) for you.

edit: :science: :lorefriendlywizard:

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Feb 18, 2015

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Vanilla New Vegas is pretty stable on the PC compared to the console versions, actually. At the very least, I don't remember having any issues during my first playthrough back in 2010.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I had a similar issue, though more to the tune of all of my companions suddenly teleporting from the Schoolhouse (at which they were in relax mode) to my character's current location, which just so happened to be the deepest levels of Vault 22. It was chaotic as hell, thanks to those drat forever-inaccessible hostile ghouls endlessly triggering the combat AI on the companions (this was before I discovered the True Passive mode, which is a godsend especially for Lily and Rex, those fast bastards).

I looked into a solution and found a mod called the Follower Home Marker but realized that A) It probably conflicts with the scripting of the CC&C mod, and B) It was fairly buggy when I used it for a previous playthrough; weird, scary stuff like companions completely disappearing after being dismissed to their custom location.

So, yeah, technically a solution, but use at your own discretion.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

BurritoJustice posted:

How did you get your companions to stay in the schoolhouse in the first place? I tried relax mode but it seems to keep them still "travelling" with me, but just idling around, in that they are still in the CC&C list. Does turning on relax and then leaving work or something?

Maybe its because I've not been to the lucky 38 yet and hence don't have the "go to the lucky 38" dismiss option which I'm guessing the home marker option must hijack.

Reading your original post, I think the issue is that you're setting the home marker via the CC&C interface, but not using the "go to home marker" button in the same menu that sends them to that location.

I don't believe that support for that action has been implemented through the dialogue interface as of yet; the strange bit about it is while it appears that they leave your party (you even get the little message box saying that Boone or whoever has left for that cell), they're still in it, just in Relax mode. As a result, when I started one of the DLCs later on, it sent all of my companions back to their recruiting points (Boone in Novac, ED-E in Primm, etc.) even though they were already at "home". Don't get me wrong, the mod's super useful, but stuff like this leaves me scratching my head.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Woolie Wool posted:

It does not. Project Purity just removes the radiation from a small area in front of the Jefferson Memorial. Fallout New Vegas' ending changes everything in the wasteland and Obsidian had neither the time nor the money to create a way to play past that ending that made any sense.

It was at least on the table at some point, as a significant number of ambient dialogue and Radio New Vegas audio tags exist for a post-endgame environment.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Simliar issue to that: Drawing an energy weapon with EVE installed. Good way of knowing if Fiends are in the area. :v:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

The streamlined CharGen mod is sweet, but commits the unforgivable sin of removing Doc Mitchell's lines about your SPECIAL skills if they're especially low or high.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Must be a bug or mod conflict then, as he only gave the standard response even when my character's AGL score was 8.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Here's a pretty-decent TTW STEP guide that lays out a bunch of mods for both F3 and FNV (drawing from the Clear & Present Danger/Fear and Loathing guides) as well as the TTW patches to make them all happily compatible.

The installation process (cause there is a bit more to it than downloading them and slotting them all in) takes a while, but it all works.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Oct 14, 2017

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

That would be the Type 3 body and armor replacer; there's a download for a shirt & tie version in the optional files of the mod page.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

I've been trying to get FNVLODGen to work but I think something keeps screwing up. When I check the textures folder at the output location it has all of the areas generated by the LODgen but all of the Blocks folders inside are empty. So even though I've generated the meshes, they're not being applied when I add the meshes and texture folders to the archive and activate it in MO.

I've been having issues with FNVLODGen as well, and all I can say is make sure the program can actually see and read the official BSAs when it goes to draw resources from them.

As it turns out, using the BSA decompressor on a MO2 install fucks the whole thing up, because the generator's only looking for the default archives (at least in regards to its MO integration) and not the ones modified by the decompressor. Or something. All I know is that I only got LODs via FNVLODGen when I reverted the BSAs back to the original ones.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

That Puce Moose mod with the house above Novac

I don't really like the gameplay of any of their mods (fetch quests ahoy) but I still dug the story of that first one they did for NV.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

A little, uh, on the nose, neck seam concealer mod

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

ThaumPenguin posted:

Supposedly you can automate most of VNV's installation via the mod list installation tool Wabbajack. I haven't used it myself yet and apparently it diverges somewhat from the official VNV guide. It helpfully doesn't seem to specify what those divergences actually are.

I had a weird moment last weekend trying Wabbajack with VNV; it got to downloading Vanilla UI+ but couldn't find the link (maybe because it was moddb instead of Nexus) and so the whole process failed.

Thought maybe downloading it manually and just slotting it into the download folder might work but NOPE the installer wouldn't recognize it.

Thankfully, VNV is a user-friendly-enough guide to begin with that it didn't take me too long to install my mods the old fashioned way.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Mark me down as someone who thinks the vanilla weather/lighting is pretty dang good as is

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

I mean as long as you have a mod that removes the orange filter the vanilla lighting is fine.

Borderline heretical take here: I've never really been one for the filter-removing mods, either.

Feels like I'm siphoning out a bunch of the game's atmosphere whenever I use one.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 19, 2020

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Skwirl posted:

That's not a vanilla screen shot. Bare minimum you're using an ultrawidescreen mod.

Yes on both accounts. That is the base game's weather and lighting, though.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Generic Monk posted:

yeah the tint remover mods make it very very clear that there's pretty much no real lighting in outdoor areas which is a bit incongruous at times. some textures look way too detailed and saturated like that.

Yep, the game world perpetually looks like it's just been rained-on with stuff like Nevada Skies going

On a completely different (and perhaps hypocritical) tangent, I just picked up the Q-35 in-game and yeesh, it's worse than I remembered

Any mods out there (that aren't EVE because it fucks with VNV) that improve the textures on this thing?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Another thing for folks using Viva New Vegas: Something's buggy with the incremental autosaves option in the IStewieAI Tweaks ini. It worked fine at first, but twenty-ish hours in, my game was freezing up for 10 seconds at a time when autosaving. Eventually, it was just locking up FNV entirely.

I don't think it's a save bloat issue because when I disabled the tweak, the freezing-during-saves disappeared.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 20, 2020

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Phetz posted:

Edit: For actual content, I installed Viva New Vegas as closely to the instructions as possible, and while everything seemed to work properly, I was getting horrible pop-in with foliage added by Vurt's Flora Overhaul. Like, I'll walk 20 feet away from the Prospector Saloon, then when I go slightly further away a massive tree will pop into existence out of nowhere fairly close by. Is this a common issue, or did I maybe screw something up during the LOD portion of the guide? I'm kind of leaning towards installing again, just without the visual enhancements.

Yeah, sounds like you messed up the LOD. If you didn't make any changes to the Terrain and Major Objects part of the guide, you can just download and install the pregenerated LOD he links to, should work out just fine.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Oct 21, 2020

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Phetz posted:

I didn't make any changes to that section and used the pre-gen LOD to make everything as simple as possible to install :( I think it might be worth trying it out one more time and paying extra attention to that specific section.

Might be, just remember to keep all the LOD mods active like so:

(One thing I notice VNV does now is require that the esps are still ticked on even when you're not actively generating LOD; also make sure they're at the absolute bottom of the load order, etc.)

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

The perk-style icon for Rex in JIP CCC is giving me life

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Sodomy Hussein posted:

This thread needs a new OP really badly explaining wtf is going on. I'll admit that post-Steam workshop I have very little interest in 2000's-era modding these days, and no offense meant, but little of the conversation ITT convinces me I should go back, even to play New Vegas. An OP with poo poo that's been true in the last five years would go a long way to fix that.

At one time I wanted to do this but then I realized that while I am subbed to this thread, 2015 is about the last time I loaded up New Vegas.

*in Darth Vader voice* This is your OP now

But no I agree, we are in desperate need of a new thread, even if the OP would mostly just be stealing from VNV

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

DoubleNegative posted:

If people are following the VNV guide, I have some advice: at one point in the gameplay section, he suggests you install the VNV Followers Tweak mod. Don't install it. It makes it so that you can only have as many followers as half your charisma rounded down. Sounds fine, right? If you have 10 charisma, that means you can have 5 jerks following you.

Wrong. It means you can only recruit as many followers as half of your charisma rounded down. I had to pause my current run to rip it out of my mod list because Cass straight up refused to go with me because I already had ED-E, Rex, Arcade, Boone, and Veronica. Even if I sent someone back to the Lucky 38 she still refused to come with me. The gently caress kind of balance mod makes it so you have to pick and choose from between who you recruit?

Weird. I currently have Veronica, Arcade, ED-E, Rex, Lily, and Cass recruited, and I only have 5 CHR. The only problem I've had so far is, yeah, folks refusing to come along even when I meet the mod's "requirements" but the workaround I found for that is just to send everyone back to the Lucky 38, and then trying again. It's worked out so far.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

BurritoJustice posted:

It's broken by the CC&C option in the mod configuration that is on by default that is called "unlimited companions", but that is instructed to be disabled in the end of the guide

:doh:

Serves me right for mistaking his MCM settings as a personal preference thing in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Vanilla FNV at launch (on PC) was a stable, bug-free experience. :colbert: