Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

I swear I saw a mod once which allowed you to (Rudimentary) recruit pretty much any NPC as a follower via conversation. I have searched everywhere on the nexus and I just can't find it. Am I insane or does it actually exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You're probably referring to this mod, which allows you to do this in FO3. The author is currently working on a port for NV, but it hasn't been released yet.

That was it, thanks.

For content, the Bear Trap mod is pretty drat powerful. Once you get enough survival so you aren't trapping your own arms in them every five seconds, setting up a field of reuseable mines can be really gamebreaking. Can also be used to assassinate people you don't like without getting anyone cross.

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

please tell me I can be a reverse merman in New vegas.

please.

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

NotInventedHere posted:

Personally, I'd like to get something for killing the four legendary monsters, like a Deathclaw duster made of the Legendary Deathclaw's hide, a helmet from the Legendary Fire Gecko with water breathing and fire/energy resistance, etc.

IF I ever got around to making a mod, it would totally be a big-game hunting one. New weapons, monsters etc. Kind of like the New vegas bounties, but with wasteland monsters.

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

Terpfen posted:

Try out Project Nevada.

I was sceptical that this mod would turn my game into a Modern Warfare RPG, but after trying it I really recommend it. The sprint function and visor mode made Dead Money feel really intense. Bullet time feels a bit useless though.

If you have purchased lots of implants though, a word of warning. Installing the cybernetics part of the mod rips them all out and forces you to pay for them to be put back in- and then limits how many you can have.

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

Naky posted:

Well, I have two laser sights I generally use. One is fairly strong and that's the one I try to reserve for assault rifles and what not and the other is IMO better, but it's weaker and I save those for the pistols. If you don't look carefully, it would be easy to think it doesn't have one at all. Beyond that, if you ever do find a gun in the pack that's not working as it should then let me know so I can look into it.

Just to say that the shotguns in your pack are amazing. Haven't had any issues with them at all.

That said, I just put a super mutant into orbit using the Browning 5- The knockback is crazy fun but not really realistic at times.

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

I thought it would be nice to browse the Nexus, try out a random mod and review it. Who knows, maybe one or two hidden gems could be found in this way

Reactive People Ultimatum

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40593

Pros-
-If it worked as intended, it would be amazing.
-It feels good to sneak up behind a legionary, and get him on his knees without firing a shot
-Would allow you to play as a ghoul, which is nice I guess.

Cons
- Parts of the mod don't actually work. Creator promises fixes but says it's for personal use.
- Push is overpowered in some cases
- Whistling barely works
- Sometimes buggy.
- Ghoul bit seems tacked on, as does combat knife.
-Standing loss with factions is way too high

This mod Promises a number of things revolved around people actually being Reactive to what you do, before you begin shooting people. Draw your weapon? People will draw theirs, anticipating a fight. Waving your gun around at innocent civilians? You lose standing with their faction. It also adds a quickswitch Combat Knife and allows you to push humanoid enemies in battle.

What got me to download the mod was the promise of being able to use Narcotics to knock people out, and put slave collars on people . Having played Dead money, I instantly found appeal in what seemed to be an all around decent mod.

However, it wasn't without problems. Waving my 9mm pistol at a local freesider quickly brought my standing from Idolized to Hated, without firing a single shot. Pushing someone means that you win any 1 on 1 fight if you want to- you can keep any humanoid stunlocked easily. Drawing your fists in a bar will alert pretty much everyone and have them prowling around as well, which seems a little over the top.

The mod also allows you to whistle, Sam fisher style. However, I never found it to be of any real use.

Overall, I wouldn't really recommend this mod unless the creator does an overhaul.

I know this is pretty :goonsay: but I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

I picked up Shotgun surgeon 5 levels ago so I could use it with your shotguns :(

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

zachol posted:

On the subject of the motorcycle mod, what would a horse mod involve?

Actually now that I think of it horses don't seem to exist in Fallout. Huh.

I think they don't exist in canon- one of the old Fallout Bibles said so if I remember.

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

On the topic of bikes/horses: Rideable motorcycle.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40645

I am going to give it a go and write up a review now at tell you guys how it feels.

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

New Vegas Bounties II has been released.

The new vegas bounties series never work for me properly. The esp works fine, but any new textures/meshes never appear. I extract them to my data folder like my other mods. Any tips?

EDIT: vvvv Thanks, deleting everything to do with the mod and hand-loading it worked out vvvv

Zenephant fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 2, 2011

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

I just wanted to review a couple of random mods- it's been a thing for me recently to download some random, but not completely obscure mod and play it blind. I am currently playing a couple more so I will type them up when I have the chance.

Firstly, Rust Town
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39454
Has had quite a bit of effort put into it- I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread. Hasn't been updated for a while- possibly abandoned?

My first reaction to the mod was negative. super rich vendors with loads of fully repaired items, people selling every drug in the game, skill books left lying around, etc. Then I began to notice that something was not quite right...

Human skeletons inside the Brahmin pen. Meat hooks in the sheriff's office. Human skeletons in a dog's enclosure. Lots of biblical/mythological inspired names. Many NPCs going on about how amazing living here is, and how everyone is really close. One NPC expressing deep concern that his wife wants to see the world outside rust town. Many people being very well armed. The huge secret stashes of items. I had a lot of fun taking out the entire town in one huge firefight- it got tricky even for my level 35 character.

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

Chinaman7000 posted:

I also saw a mod Dog City which tries to add a whole new city with quests, but I haven't gotten try it out yet.

I just finished Dog City. It's one big 'quest' which involves lots of running up and down with keys. It's nowhere near a whole city. It's a linear one too. You can't get key X without key Y, etc.

I will admit that the modder tried hard: Lots of names from Van Buren are used:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Denver
And I think the modder has captured the general feel of it.

The actual place is mentioned by The King and Legate Lanius in vanilla New Vegas.

It's one of those "Once you start the quest you are stuck until the end" jobs. The railway Rifle is a glorified reskin, and not the one from FO3. The new weapons are A couple of new assault rifles and a power bat.

I guess it's nice enough, but don't expect anything amazing.

If anyone does try it when you land in the rocket, there is a briefcase next to you with all your weapons. it's hard to see because of all the brown crap. I didn't know and had to fight a guy with a riot shotgun unarmed

:goonsay:

Zenephant fucked around with this message at 14:58 on May 27, 2011

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

Chinaman7000 posted:

That's decent enough. It sounds like something I would have tried to make if I had the energy and the modding knowledge, basically a hand made DLC experience like the Pitt or something. How are the voices? I think I saw that the mod was supposedly fully voiced.

It's all one guy IIRC. It's not bad really-there isn't all that much dialogue. The end is a tad grating, as it can be one guy talking to you from three different characters. The writing isn't too hot, but it won't detract from the experience.

I say it's worth the download. If anything, it has some sense of atmosphere.

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

I wish FOOK would let us pick and choose which bits we like. There are some bits I really like, but I don't want my hat to be sun dependant :v:

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

I want to delete a mod-given perk I have , without deleting the mod itself (As I have a ton of other perks from it that I want to keep.) What would be the easiest way of doing this?

VV, Thanks, I found the perk ID and it worked VV

Zenephant fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jun 25, 2011

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

Sole.Sushi posted:

Since you guys are starting to do some unique weapons (which is totally awesome), why not do some weapons that are totally impractical/improbable in the real world? Like a shotgun with a revolver cylinder or some poo poo (yeah, I know it doesn't work that way, but it sounds cool in my head :shobon:)

My life will be complete once I see this in a Fallout mod.

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

I hope you got rid of the secretly overpowered ones like Potato Farmer :ohdear:

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

Seconding underground hideout being cool at first but degrading over time. The last update added making GBS threads sounds when you go to the toilet and an open/close reactor door that adds rads (That almost instantly get removed )

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

That New Vegas trade centre that was posted last page is a huge piece of poo poo. Smaller than the images make it look, it's mostly a series of shops that sell pretty much almost everything- nearly all of them in the same room. I bought 3 "Random" items for 300 caps and ended up with an All-american, Ratslayer and AE14 Prototype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

I got a very early release of AWOP (It doesn't have any quests or half the stuff people mention) and it's not too bad. Bland, maybe, but it lacks most of the stupid stuff I have been hearing about.