Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

RickDaedalus posted:

I configured it correctly a long time ago. I double-checked it and it was fine, according to the instructions in the OP.

I did launch from FOMM (I don't normally do that), though. I played for an hour and didn't crash once. I was under the impression that launching FNVSE also launched FNV4GB. Is it actually the other way around? I'll still do some more stress testing but, it seems functional so far.

I would actually try updating/getting rid of all those pre-Lonesome Road mods and then seeing if it's still buggy. If not it may just be FNV4GB, as from personal experience it made my game buggier enough that I simply got rid of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

UP AND ADAM posted:

What are some good mods? I only played halfway through the vanilla game, and I want extra cool stuff to do. So I got Mission Mojave for bugfixes, Project Nevada for other stuff, New Vegas Bounties I, and Freeside Open, and Nevada Skies. Are there any other good uncomplicated graphics or gameplay mods?

If I remember correctly, goon consensus was that Mission Mojave caused far more bugs than it actually solved. New Vegas really isn't buggy enough to require an unofficial patch.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Does anyone know of a good replacement for Lombard station? It's just too big for my tastes, everything you want is too far. I've tried a couple other ones, but the only one I liked was Portable Tent. Unfortunately it has an incredibly awful container-crafting system that heavily destabalized my game. I want a small, functional, and well-built house but every mod ive seen on the nexus has at most two of those.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
It's not huge sure, but for someone who doesn't care for all the display stuff it feels like a huge waste of space. I use my home a lot, and the wasted time running between all the parts of the station adds up. I've been using it for a long time and it just starts to get annoying doing all this unnecessary running around.

Zeron fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jun 15, 2013

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Ahahhaha. I was reading through the early pages of the threads and someone mentioned the Slavery simple mod and I decided to glance at it. It looked like typical nexus poo poo at first..but then I noticed this.

Slavery Simple Readme posted:

3) May spoil the gameplay, if you enslave vital quest NPCs and sell them :) Avoid doing so!

And then I realized that I had to install this. Because if this actually lets you enslave quest NPCs....well I think that it's about time that Caesar gets his just reward. No way can I pass that up. Seems time for a little payback on the Legion high command as well.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
So I've successfully hidden all the hud I wanted to except for the VATS hud and the info popup when you hover your crosshair. The console command works well for that, but it also disables dialogue and the pipboy and constantly toggling it on and off is annoying. So I was wondering if anyone knew any mods that gave you control of these elements, or failing that a hint on where to be looking to edit them manually.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Jon Joe posted:

It's been a long time since I've played or modded F:NV and I tried installing a basic collection of mods which I've previously used together. I sorted them with BOSS and created a merged patch, but I'm left with a game that freezes every time I try to start a new game. Can anyone tell what's wrong?

code:
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
IWS-Core.esm
FOOK - New Vegas.esm
FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esm
NSkies URWLified.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
The.Armory.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
WME - DLCs.esm
CCO - Gameplay Changes.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
CCO - Follower Tweaks.esm
jsawyer.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
FOOK - New Vegas.esp
FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esp
FOOK - JSawyer.esp
CCO - Damage Resistance.esp
CCO - DR PN Patch.esp
GRA - The Right to Bear Arms.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-DM.esp
IWS-HH.esp
IWS-OWB.esp
IWS-LR.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
WME - DLCs.esp
NSkies URWLifiedOWB.esp
NSkies URWLifiedHH.esp
NSkies URWLifiedDM.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV4.esp
Continue After Games Ending 1.9.3.esp
CCO - FT All DLC Patch.esp
CCO - DR All DLC Patch.esp
PMT - MultiTweak Pack.esp
The.Armory.HonestHearts.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Dead.Money.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Honest.Hearts.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Old.World.Blues.Patch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.Lonesome.Road.Patch.esp
alternate_armor_system_v0999.esp
AAS_GunRunnersArsenal.esp
AAS_DeadMoney.esp
AAS_Ammo.esp
AAS_OldWorldBlues.esp
AAS_LonesomeRoad.esp
AAS_HonestHearts.esp
TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
mergedpatch.esp

Total active plugins: 63
Total plugins: 64
Note:
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
are marked as esm's with the file extension esp. Pretty sure that's not the problem, though.

It's possible it's something in your load order, in which case disable batch by batch until you find the offender. Personally though I've found that using the merge patch tends to cause my game to crash, so I've tended to just use FNVedit to fix conflicts through load order fun and manually tweak files(This is incredibly helpful, and if you use it to learn FNVedit you'll be able to fix conflicts better than any merged or bash patch, and it's pretty easy and fast once you get used to it. Solving conflicts yourself means that you get to choose who wins every time so you always get the part you want ingame, and it's more stable as it doesn't just throw everything together and hope for the best). Although Wrye Flash and FOMM have been making messing with the load order a pain in the rear end for me. Wrye refuses to let me put a lot of esps over random other esps for no reason, and fomm just doesn't save the order...so anyway I'd try disabling the merged patch, if that doesn't work just start disabling mods in batches(making sure to get all files of specific mods to not leave orphans).

I'd look closely at the bettergameperformance thing first though, as far as I know those kinds of things are very finnicky on whether they'll help or ruin your game.

vvv IWS is great, if you have the Mod Configuration Menu you can tweak spawn rates to get as many as you want until you find it compromises your stability. Although all spawn increasers will do that depending on how much they do so, just because the engine doesn't like a huge amount of enemies.

Zeron fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jun 19, 2013

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I think the general consensus would be more that you should dump EVE. It's know for being pretty buggy and unstable, and despite having nice stuff I'm pretty sure most goons in the thread say it's not worth it at all.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

So, question about MCM

Is the order you install it in (not load order) the following?

PNV
MCM
Mods that need MCM?

or

PNV
Mods that use MCM
MCM

PNV
MCM
Mods that need MCM.

PNV has it's own version of MCM that only works for it, which has to be overridden by the standalone MCM to allow it to work with other mods.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I think it's been hit by the rolling downtime so it should be fixed...eventually.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Yes it's a problem with the mod itself. I just went back to 1.5, he didn't add much to start with

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I think as long as you load it before it should be alright. CCO has failsafe scripts that will prevent it from changing anything it already changes(unless you use the recalibration token) as far as I know.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
FOMM is still by far the best mod manager for New Vegas unfortunately. It works perfectly fine. I setup a Mod Organizer install a few weeks ago and I still ended up installing FOMM to get everything working.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I take them because they look pretty when put into your house, I hardly have any need for caps by that point.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I don't really recommend using a companion mod at all. The base game comes with a lot of companions and adding more really doesn't make the game any better. There's a lack of evil companions, but then i've never seen a good evil companion mod either. Maybe after you've exhausted all the vanilla companions and can't stand to reuse them or play alone, but most of the companion mods are rather amateurish and even the best made ones like Willow are just a shitton of mediocre content with anime undertones.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Well if you aren't using JSawyer and you have the DLC then unless you set your Intelligence to 1 you most likely can max out every skill in the game. Speaking of which, if you aren't using JSawyer then do NOT do the DLC too early. For some reason the vanilla DLC give absolute shitloads of EXP and will destroy the level/difficulty curve for the regular game.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Yeah after using MO for Skyrim I went back to NV and decided to use it for that too..and immediately regretted it. In the end to get everything working I had to install FOMM anyway and run it through MO to get a bunch of stuff working. FOMM is pretty great anyway.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Lord Lambeth posted:

Yeah the engine simply was not designed to handle that many people in one place. Even if your rig is amazing I kind of doubt you'll avoid crashing in freeside or the strip

Bah, I'm running IWS with max ghoul rampage and the game doesn't start to crash until i've got around 400-500 corpses piled up. And my rig is7-8 years old at this point. It certainly does lag though! On a side note, max IWS is fun as hell with a minigun/SMG build.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Come to think of it do the robots from RobCo Certified count as companions? As in does Charisma and companion affecting perks apply to them? Because a character with 10 Charisma killing off the entire Wasteland is just too good an idea to waste.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
WMX has mods for melee weapons as well as all the guns and WME doesn't. The only real reason I can think to use WME is that maybe the mods look better? Not sure how they compare graphically.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Uninstall that mod and post a bad review(and then get banned :nexus:)?

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

ED-E disappeared on me so I summoned it with the console. Well, now it re-appeared and I have two ED-Es and Veronica following me. Dismissing one ED-E dismisses them both. How do I get back to having one ED-E?

I'm sorry but why would you not want 2 ED-Es following you around you monster.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Hannibal Rex posted:

Starting my third attempt to finally play New Vegas. The first post is pretty exhaustive, but what I really need is a solid recommendation for the bare minimum of mods, otherwise I'll drown in AP.

I've got NVSE, CASM, Sawyer's, Darnified and the Right to Bear Arms.

Is there some unofficial patch that's recommended? Am I missing anything essential?

Well for bare essentials you'd also want NVAC and the Stutter Remover for stability purposes. Those plus CASM/NVSE/JSawyers is pretty much all you need to make New Vegas a dream but there is an unofficial patch that's not too bad, Yukichigai's, which is a good minimalist bugfix patch. Anything past that would fall out of the bare minimum, although if you aren't using Project Nevada core you might want the sprint mod and the grenade hotkey.

You can also install Project Nevada Core but just not install the equipment/rebalance/cyberware modules which will give you sprint/grenade key/bullet time/reactive crosshairs etc without actually being incompatible with anything as far as I know.

Edit: If you want minimalist stuff in general, oHud is the mod that let's you mess around with your ingame UI and make bits of it only appear when necessary(UIO is the current get multiple menu mods working mod and it's really nice because it's just an NVSE plugin that checks what mods you have when you run the game and fixes it all right for you). I believe the most recent version of CASM requires the Lutana NVSE Plugin and you'll want the MCM itself of course. Any other recommendations depend on what you want of course(I did my last trawl through every guide and search through the entire nexus for cool mods a couple of days ago so I'm full of recommendations).

Zeron fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jan 8, 2015

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I did a similar thing when I went for a minigun run, all max IWS settings. REPCONN lagged my computer something fierce and I had soooo many ammo problems.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Crimson Harvest posted:

Anyone know how to fix it when your in-game main menu (push ESC) is all grayed out and you can't click anything?

I'm pretty sure it's MCM doing it. I can click it, and it works, even tho it looks 'disabled' or grayed out. None of the rest of the options work tho, like Load, Save, etc.

Sounds like a menu conflict, try installing UIO and see if that helps.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

JawKnee posted:

Okay, so after a (foolhardy) attempt at installing FNV redesigned 3 months ago, which thoroughly borked my game (loving up textures all over the place) I got the itch to play again. Uninstalled in steam, reinstalled in a new location on a different drive and re-downloaded a bunch of mods. However after getting everything running again I appear to have run into a few snags:

1) Despite running Project Nevada (which I did before), which I believe comes with mod-manager installed, IWS no longer shows up in the mod manager menu, which it did under my old install.

2) Grabbed NMC's large texture packs again, and installed manually, and while the title screen is the NMC screen... none of the textures appear to be being used in game. I am running FNV4GB (nvse compatible version).

3) Stuff from FNV redesigned 3 is still hanging around - craggly rear end Doc Mitchel, vanilla npc's that were black are still white. How the gently caress is this thing haunting me from beyond the grave.

I should note that I reinstalled without uninstalling FOMM (though I did grab a fresh dl of FOMM and ran the installer). I've also deleted my old mods file which FOMM was initially referencing, and changed all the directories in the FOMM settings to new folders.

Any thoughts on solving these three issues?

For #1, while Project Nevada has it's own mcm it doesn't work for any other mod I believe. You'll still need to install mcm(and UIO to make everything play nice).

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Fereydun posted:

This pretty much turns the game into STALKER (or one of those realism mods for STALKER) re: combat. If you're unarmored or lightly armored, you're pretty much eating one to three bullets by any gun to kill you (and vice versa for other lightly armored/unarmored enemies)

With power armor, basically nothing outside of extremely high caliber rounds/high quality weapons and energy weapons will hurt you, so you end up being pretty much invincible to everybody who isn't armed with high power weapons

It really wildly unbalances the game, especially without IWS as you can sweep encounters with a single assault rifle magazine due to how lethal things are. It also makes dudes in heavy armor, robots and whatever else that has really high DT/DR pretty much immune to small arms fire.
Also, the Legion becomes a joke because of how suicidal melee is with the mod. Every second they have to spend closing in on you with melee weapons is one where you're filling them with lead for like a third of their health.

I dunno, try it out- I really like it because it stokes some bizarre balancing point that I like, but it might actually be really terrible given that I've generally got bad taste!

Edit: oh yeah also explosives are basically ultra lethal so you can't afford to get hit by them at all regardless of how much armor you have

So basically the first part of the game is incredibly hard and then the rest of the game is incredibly easy? That...doesn't sound particularly fun. What with the Power Gangers and their dynamite and your lack of armor. I mean most difficulty mods have that problem but in this case it sounds like the difficulty would just be way too easy after that.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Yeah I was excited about IMPACT until I opened up FNVEdit and saw how much fun stuff I'd have to do to get it working with everything else I had.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
MCM required for many of the best mods.
NVSE also required for many of the best mods.
CASM for auto-saving that won't result in bloated and buggy saves.
Darnified UI(or this newer version, but I haven't tried that yet) to redeem the UI a bit.
NVAC to make the game a bit more stable.
UIO makes menu/ui mods work well together with no effort.

After that, these are a little more involved but are great.
Project Nevada comes with a lot of great features like sprinting, a grenade key, and so on.
Jsawyer the only real rebalance mod you need.
IWS dynamic difficulty adjustment by changing spawns.
WMX to give every weapon mods.

And then just grab any music mods you want out of the OP.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I tried putting both of those on an SSD and saw no noticeable improvement myself(not in loading screens or ingame), so I guess it depends on your bottleneck.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Project Nevada has a bunch of individual DLC patches, the Extra Options mod for PN comes with a combined version of all those patches. The message means you have one of the individual patches still activated when the combined version is as well.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Assuming you mean for New Vegas, NVEC is pretty much the only big modpack around. It has it's problems but it's not awful and it's pretty stable with a pretty good MCM which is about all you can hope for in a modpack. Doesn't include music packs, but oh well. Also won't help the graphics much so...probably not what you are looking for.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Oh there's why I generally don't try too hard to pretty up the game. Followed that STEPish guide pretty much exactly and ended up with a game somehow way uglier than vanilla. The "best" highly downloaded texture mods are pretty much universally awful.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I get the same problem sometimes, I believe DarnUI is the culprit if I remember correctly.

Also I usually get about 5-20 hours of gameplay per modding setup before I just switch to a different once. I have played the first part of Skyrim/New Vegas literally hundreds of times each.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Never install lighting/weather(unless they don't subtract lighting) mods for video games because modders have really bizarre ideas of what playable lighting conditions are. There are very few mods that don't also make you install some kind of super high powered night vision mod just to compensate and allow you to actually SEE.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Man Whore posted:

the Gtab mod in the op allows you to. Just don't touch the mass crafting options because they don't seem to work right. To craft a primer you need to breakdown brass, and to craft powder you breakdown dynamite. (you need some explosives skill)

Eh, mass crafting options are obsolete anyway now that this exists. JIP does some amazing work.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I think the older CASM without MCM actually allows you to set F5 or whatever to incremental saves so you have a rotating but not endless rotation of saves but the MCM version removed that functionality for whatever reason.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

v1ld posted:

I might have to let Vulpes walk out of Nipton alive for the first time ever, will know when I get there tonight. This is a sad state of affairs and if so I'm going to turn off JSUE's bLowerXPRewards until I get to level 12-16 or so I think.

Skip Nipton entirely so that you get extra dialogue from him when you go back to kill him later.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
People keep saying that but like..you install MO2, you put in your nexus stuff, download and install the mod, click it on and you are done. Click and drag to reorder stuff or hit launch game. I guess you have to add skse but..it's the exact same process as any other mod manager. Sure there's also more advanced features you can use but the only extra step MO really adds to basic users is having to launch the game through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Esp when said dev doesn't agree with the changes or name.