Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

Do any of the mods in my load order change, like, damage or the defense calculations? It seems everyone is way more bullet spongy than I remember when I played through in Vanilla, though I'm on hard mode now if that's what did it. And in any case, is there a recommended mod to make everyone die in a reasonable amount of shots (Reload)?

Hard mode makes you do 75% of the normal damage (plus enemies do extra damage). That sounds like the likely culprit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

I found the weather mods (Nevada Skies and Fellout, to be specific) quite nice for the added immersion. However, the way the engine handles lightning makes it nigh if not utterly impossible to create, say, a good flashlight mod to counter the pitch-black darkness that the nights of Nevada Skies has. There are some night-vision mods that work quite well though, but I, for one, would prefer just a good old flashlight to help me see something at nights.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Anyone have experience with some experience-reducing mods for New Vegas? The last time I played New Vegas (this was before any DLCs) I reached the level cap much sooner before I was finished with everything there was to do in the wasteland (I guess you could call me a completionist). Basically, I would like to reach the level cap when all quests are finished and all places of interest in the wasteland are explored.

What would be a good value to reduce the XP? I'm guessing something like 75% of the base experience would be a good starting point, but if anyone has some insight regarding my question, I would be glad to hear your opinion.

(I have Honest Hearts and Dead Money now, and will most likely get the rest of the DLC too when they are released)

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

For anyone that uses Project Nevada, and especially its rebalance component, how well does it work on high levels? I just noticed that by default, your hit points don't increase when leveling (and they seem to be lower to start with), so I was wondering what happens when enemies start carrying brush guns, anti-materiel rifles and such. Do you just horribly die unless you can hit them first?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Just a small note to Cream-of-Plenty: there is an extra double quote in the FOMM link of the OP. Having it in the URL breaks navigation on Nexus.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

I like Johnny Guitar too, but you'll have to admit that it gets a bit old after hearing it several times per hour. The songs in Fallout 3 weren't necessarily better, but just the larger amount of songs made the radio more enjoyable, as you didn't hear the same songs all over again as often as in New Vegas.

The ramblings of Tabitha on Black Mountain Radio are awesome though, hearing about Battle Cattle still cracks me up, every single time.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Project Nevada is a must-have. Even if you don't like most of what it goes, I'd install it for the dynamic crosshair, item sorter and grenade hotkeys alone.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

King Doom posted:

or she may end up skating across the area while naked and dancing at a merchant who she is trying to buy fruit from.

Whaat? The mod really includes poo poo like that? :psyduck:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

counterfeitsaint posted:

Does anyone know of a way to get rid of the fresh/seal/stale food changes in PN?

Get Project Nevada - Rebalance Rebalanced.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

All of them are worth it. While Honest Hearts is my personal least favorite of the three, it still is a DLC I would've gladly paid 10€ for (bought it during the summer sale). Dead Money and Old World Blues are just no-brainers.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

About Project Reality: the author said that he or she will release a new version of the mod today which, amongst other things, will feature a "Small increase in saturation with view of finding a balance for everybody".

Smol fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 16, 2011

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

FOMM has been compressing a FOMOD off the NMC medium pack for something like 30 minutes now. Hopefully my GPU (Nvidia GTX 260 896MB) is beefy enough to actually run the drat thing. :colbert:

E: It seems to be running fine. I don't really notice any FPS difference compared to the vanilla textures.

Smol fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 17, 2011

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Been trying to download this for a while now, still at 0%

Trying to seed this but all I get is "Tracker error #11" from the tracker.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

By the way, the mod also included all songs (plus flac, lame and other tools) in the base game, so not including them might make the pack significantly smaller. Maybe even under 1G.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

So I'm getting somewhat fed up with all this feature creep in the most common weather/lightning mods. Is there a weather/lightning mod, that ideally

1) Makes the nights darker but not pitch-black dark where you can't see anything without night-vision gear.
2) Doesn't touch the colour palette too much (looking at you Nevada Skies URWL and Project Reality)
3) Doesn't add too many performance eating weather themes, such as dust storms

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Schubalts posted:

Nevada Skies' night brightness does almost nothing at max brightness. And 0.7 of it doesn't have a weather customizing item anymore.

Yep. Nevada Skies would be all right if the brightness adjuster actually did something noticeable.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Smol posted:

So I'm getting somewhat fed up with all this feature creep in the most common weather/lightning mods. Is there a weather/lightning mod, that ideally

1) Makes the nights darker but not pitch-black dark where you can't see anything without night-vision gear.
2) Doesn't touch the colour palette too much (looking at you Nevada Skies URWL and Project Reality)
3) Doesn't add too many performance eating weather themes, such as dust storms

It looks like I can answer my own question. I just tested Nevada Skies 0.7 and it seems to have a lot brighter nights than the 0.6.3 version. You can't configure it like 0.6.3, but luckily the annoying weather patterns seem to be quite infrequent. But the nighttime brightness is quite nice — at least on my monitor.

thamaht posted:

I use Fellout and Nights are Darker (25% esp) with The Imaginator. The Nights are Darker mod is a bit too strong, but careful Imaginator settings can get it into the sweet spot (or at least, what I prefer). I want to be able to see the terrain and figure out where I'm going, but it still be fairly dark. Here's what I mean:

Fellout, Imaginator, 25% Darker Nights (Midnight)

Fellout, 25% Darker Nights (Midnight, and entirely too dark)

I tried Nevada Skies and Project Reality and they go a lot farther than I need, and take a lot more work to configure to fit my needs.

Cheers, I'll play around with Imaginator if I'll want to tweak the brightness further! The upper picture is pretty close with what I'm looking for.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

The 4GB one.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Alasyre posted:

Second, did new Vegas address this issue, or could this mod be useful in it as well? I hate sniping at enemies just to watch them walk around like no one just got a bullet through the face.

Project Nevada has a feature like that (in the rebalance component). I'm not exactly sure how it works, but it certainly makes the enemies more responsive to their buddies dying around them. However, I have no idea how PN works with Requiem of Capital Wasteland. Also, seeing as PN is a successor to FWE, FWE might also have a similar feature.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Just noticed that the number 3 most downloaded mod on Nexus is... wait for it... "Animated Prostitution".

:stare:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

So... why would you want to play the game like that?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Some of the vanilla sights are just a bit off. For example, cowboy repeater's sights skews the bullets a bit to the right so you have to compensate. It could be just that.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Am I the only one who doesn't really like the screenshots? I can't really pinpoint what bugs me about them; they just seem... artificial, I guess.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

At the very least you should have FalloutNV.esm and the DLC files at the top.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

So hey, does a mod already exist that lets you craft low-light vision or night vision or whatever into the Desert Ranger helmet? I figure that since the NCR version has it, it should be capable of it too. I saw some mod somewhere that basically did this but also did some other dumb stuff and did so automatically. I'd just like something simple where I can put it on a workbench with some energy cells or a fission battery or something and essentially recharge the dead battery or whatever.

I seem to recall reading something like this before, but it may have been for adding something else to the ranger helmet, and that may have been the NCR version.

I'm not sure how well it works, and there must be standalone mods that do it, but Project Nevada adds night vision and similar modes to some high-tech helmets. Desert Ranger Combat Helmet should be supported with the DLC patch.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

The new Nevada Skies (0.7 series) has just the perfect night brightness for me. You might want to check it out.

E: Err, Nevada Skies, not Project Nevada.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Zyla posted:

I want to make my next playthrough brutally hard without it being annoying (no bullet sponges).

What kinds of mods am I looking at?

The rebalance component of Project Nevada.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Have the way too dark nights of Project Reality been fixed yet?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I was using v4.1 and noticed that the nights were dark but not tremendously so. After testing it for several in-game days, the darkness seemed consistent: No sudden plunges into pitch black. You'll get use out of NV optics for weapons / helmets / perks / implants, but you can still carefully maneuver without them.

The important thing to keep in mind is this: If you enable the mod, load up a save, and press "w" to wait until night (8 or 9 PM) the weather will be unusually dark for a minute or two. You should notice the night lightening up a bit as the game catches up with itself.

Thank you for your answer. Anyhow, it seems like the night brightness adjuster of Nevada Skies also works with Project Reality. It doesn't make them quite as bright as in Nevada Skies 0.7.x (which seems to have the perfect brightness for me), but it helps a lot. It might even make Project Reality playable for me, but I still need to do some testing.

E: Hahaha, apparently Project Reality has nowadays options to 1) change the main menu music 2) make nighttime more challenging (more enemies?) 3) add an element of surprise to the wasteland (whatever that means). Mod bloat at its finest. :colbert:

Smol fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 4, 2011

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Ddraig posted:

what the loving christ

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44274

The mod author posted:

...I used Bouncing Natural Breasts...

There's a mod for that? Nexuuus... :stare:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Which files did the fix exactly contain? I can upload my (updated) versions somewhere, if I know what to upload.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Coughing Hobo posted:

I have no idea. I suppose just try the exe, and let's see if that's it.

Let me know if this doesn't work. I checked the file modification dates, and these two files (fomm.exe and WebsiteAPIs.dll) were the only ones with the same timestamp.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8BBOIWLL

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Any ideas what could cause this?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/smoll/screenshot/595825891379832425

Load order here (it's mostly just autosorted with BOSS, so it's probably hosed up in some ways), if it matters.

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
NSkies - Vanilla Edition.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
iHUD.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
CASM.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues (No Cyberware).esp
Lombard Station.esp
Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp
Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp
Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp
Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
Delay DLC - DM + HH + OWB + LR.esp
New Vegas Error Corrections - DLC + GRA.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
Interior Lighting Overhaul-Realistic Interiors-Combined.esp
DYNAVISION 2 - Dynamic Lens Effect.esp

Total active plugins: 26
Total plugins: 30

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

SheepNameKiller posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if it were due to New Vegas Error Corrections, you don't have a lot of stuff that edits NPCs.

That seems like a reasonable guess. I've used a similar mod loadout before and have never seen anything like this. Only new mods are Error Corrections, Lombard Station (which is loving awesome, by the way!), Delay DLC and Dynavision.

Error Corrections really seemed to reduce crashes though. I've played maybe 10 hours with my new character and haven't see a single crash.

Thanks for your help, in any case. I'll see if disabling it helps.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

hairrorist posted:

Lombard Station is amazing. Its small and dumpy, sure, but everything is super convenient, close and thoughtfully laid out, and the sorting scripts aren't terrible.

Just wanted to second this. Lombard Station is amazing. It's compact, it isn't bloated and it has everything you'd need — a wall for your weapons and containers to store your poo poo in, complete with scripts that sorts every item to their respective containers. Also, I'm not sure if other "house" mods do this, but in Lombard Station, you can craft even if the items needed are currently in the containers. Which removes a lot of tedium from the process.

I also liked the little backstory snippets behind it.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

1. Fallout Wanderer's Edition: This is the core of your modding experience. Fully customizable, with pages and pages of settings to tweak the overhaul to your liking. Can make the game much more difficult if you feel so inclined.

The thing is, though, that FWE is not really that modular. There are many settings you can tweak, but you still can't, for example, use it without all the custom items and drugs it adds to the game world. Its successor, Project Nevada for New Vegas is a lot better, however. It's modular enough that you can pretty much just use the features that you like, and not have to deal with whatever extra crap the modder wanted to add.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

I think the game will load .esm's first in any case.

E: VVVVVV Yeah, I was just saying that it doesn't matter if some random .esp is before the .esm's — master files will always be loaded first.

Smol fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 26, 2011

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

My guess is you're running out of video memory. Which NMC pack are you using and what GPU do you have?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

The author of the Immersive HUD, Adjustable HUD and Unified HUD mods has merged all of them to a single mod: One HUD, or oHUD for short. Might be worth updating the OP with that.

E: Forgot the link.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=44757

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Just a small heads up, Project Nevada DLC support has been bumped to 1.3. It now supports both Lonesome Road and Gun Runners' Arsenal.