Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Any mods that clean up houses? I'd like to see a mod that shows the tenants actually cleaning up after 200 years. Plus I imagine it would increase performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
How does Fallout Character Overhaul compare to, say, Fallout Redesigned? I loved that mot but I remember it being a bitch to properly set up.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

FauxGateau posted:

It's just a simple fomod set up. No need to start a new game or anything. Plus as others have said it looks good when in motion. Except for a few exceptions.

Go to the Red Rock Drug Lab to see the main one...

So I might be better off sticking with Redesigned then? It was quite comprehensive. I've been looking through the Character Overhaul dude's other stuff. Men of the Wasteland looks really good.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So, I've got Mod Organizer up and running for Skyrim. How do I make it recognize New Vegas so I can switch between the two?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Coughing Hobo posted:

You'll have to install a separate instance of MO specifically for New Vegas.

I see. Ive been having a ton of problems lately with NMM and New Vegas. Namely that pressing Download With Manager does jack poo poo. Will using MO affect the way some mods work? Like mods that come with their own installers, will they have compatibility troubles?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Dec 14, 2013

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Coughing Hobo posted:

You mean FOMOD scripted installers? Download the NCC file on Mod Organizer's page and follow the instructions on where to put it, and that'll allow those installers to run through Mod Organizer.

I'll do that when the Nexus downloads stop making GBS threads the bed. You'd think for such a large hosting site they could afford some better servers that don't crap out every two days.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Has the Download with Manager button not been working for anyone else these last few days?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I can respect that. It takes a strong person to understand when the fault lies with them, and I appreciate his honesty. Sometimes, you just need to get away from your hobbies and try new things. I certainly have more respect for someone who addresses their own faults, than someone who is convinced that others are in the wrong for their shortcomings *Arthmoor*

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Cass looked fine in the base game. She's the one I'd tweak the least.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Diogines posted:

I beat New Vegas when it first came out and shelved it. I have not played it since. I grabbed the expansions on a steam sale. For the Elder Scrolls I would once spend hours configuring and installing mods.... my tolerance for that is now non existent.

I read the OP.

What are the mods I should really grab, which I don't need to spend hours configuring and installing?

Look up the series New Vegas Mod Clinic, and Modding New Vegas on Youtube. They're a series of how-to videos by Gopher, the modder behind Imaginator and other good visual tweaking mods.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So Mod downloading question: I can download manually, but anytime I try to use a Mod Manager, I get errors from the Nexus site. I've heard rumors that this has to do with my browser. I'm using Firefox, and always get errors. Can somebody who uses Firefox as well confirm this?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Redesigned 2's Lore Trudy looks fine to me.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Fereydun posted:

The phrase "VATS dicks" without being related to groin shots is truly sorely disappointing.

Somebody must make a mod that adds groin attacks to VATS. Successful hits are instant death.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So since Nexus Mod Manager is total garbage that cannot even download when I press the DL with Manager button, I'm using FOMM. Will this work for most mods, or should I instead be using Mod Organizer?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

CJacobs posted:

You should only ever need to use FOMM.

Okay. I tried using Mod Organizer once at the same time I had NMM installed, and I did something wrong, and ever since, NMM has never worked for me. If I can skip both and just use FOMM that's great.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
How do you rearrange the ESMs in FnvEdit? Dead Money keeps loading before the New Vegas ESM and its preventing me from doing any cleaning.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The order that your mods are in when you load up FOMM is the order that your mods are in when you load them up in FNVEdit (or should be). To test this, I just opened up FOMM, moved STUN.esm--which was the last .esm to load in my loadout--to the very beginning of the load order (before even FalloutNV.esm), exited, and then loaded up FNVEdit. STUN.esm was at the top of the list, reflecting the change I made in FOMM.

Cool, thanks.

I've got my basic setup for my modded game. My load order looks like this after all the DLC esms:

YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm
oHUD.esm
Project Nevada Core esm
Project Nevada Cyberware esp
Project Nevada Equipment esm
Project nevada rebalance esp
FCOMaster esm
BetterGame PerformanceV3 esp
YUP NPC fixes esp
Darnified UINV esp
Mod Configuration Menu esp
Weapon Mod Menu esp
WeaponModsExpanded esp
WMX DLC esp
WMX POP esp
WMX Arenovalis Textures esp
Project Nevada WMX esp
Project Nevada Dead Money esp
Project Nevada Old World Blues (no cyberware)esp
Project Nevada Honest HEarts esp
Project NEvada Lonesome Road esp
Project NEvada Gun Runners Arsenal esp
FCO Glowing One esp

I'm thinking of putting Nevada Skies and Electro City next.

Are the body mods worth checking out? Most of the new outfits are made for Type 3 woman and Roberts for men, but I don't know if I'd like all the clipping with none type 3 clothings.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are there any mods that change how goddamn annoying computer hacking is in the game?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

CJacobs posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34829/

Download the instant hacking portion of this mod (all 3 parts are separate), it'll make only one word pop up in the terminal and it'll always be the right one; you still need the required science level to initiate the hack so it's not explicitly a cheat mod. That said, terminal hacking is fun.

I don't mind the execution of the Hacking minigame, but the fail state where it permanently locks you out of trying again was a terrible idea. And I'm not shelling out one of my perks just to have a second chance. I know you can technically get around this by exiting the minigame after three tries, but that's also frustrating. Just let us replay the minigame!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What exactly does Fellout do to improve visuals? Is it like Nevada Skies, or is it closer to Project Reality?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is there a way to use both the Fallout Character Overhaul custom races as well as New Vegas Redesigned 3? Redesigned 3 says that it needs FCO to work, but then it says to disable the FCO esm and esps. I've got a character using FCO's custom Courier race, but I've got a feeling that if I disable the FCO esm I'm going to get a crash.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Okay, so I went to the fco mod page, and there's an optional file that just has the custom races. It also says to disable the fco esm after activating the esp, so it uses the textures but doesn't apply them to the rest of the world. I'm aware of new vegas redesigned's creepy rape and murder textures, and I don't know why dracomies removed an option to stick without them. I'm also not a fan of his cass redesign, she's supposed to be 38 years old not a supermodel. But I also found I really don't like FCOs take on Boone looking like a veiny throbbing dick. Between the three, nvr has you put up with some questionable stuff but its still better than nothing. If only dracomies had gone similar to nvr 2 where he had multiple options and no rape faces

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Honestly I'd be all over a mod that just cleaned up the vanilla faces and got rid of some of the weird coloring choices. Like what nvr used to be before the guy decided to carve the word whore into an npc's back.

I like fco's texures for the custom races, but I don't really like the npc changes. Some of nvr's faces I do quite like, but then I have to put up with all the drat feature creep. I don't know which one is better I just would like something that looks nicer without turning everyone into glamor models

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That sounds like Spice of Life. Too bad it only works with Roberts and the Type 3 body. The clothes are really great in that mod and it's the only reason I'm using the body replacers. The Rayban shades go nice with my character.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
A World of Pain would have been fine if it was like the New Vegas Interiors project and just added new locations to existing places. Instead, there are fifty different dungeons that are all connected, stand out like sore thumbs where the assets were dumped onto the Wasteland, or are THE loving UNDERGROUND WHO THE gently caress THOUGHT THAT A RAT WARREN ACROSS THE ENTIRE MOJAVE WAS A GOOD loving IDEA.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are there any mods that sweep up the junk and clutter around interior houses? I sort of echo Gopher that people would still clean up after themselves in the future.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The best thing about Project Nevada is that it let me set the progression rate. I always ended up reaching my level cap too early and the game lost a lot of fun after that. By slashing progression to 50% speed, I've done a load of stuff and I only just reached level 14.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Wyvernil posted:

Okay, so I'm trying out mods for the first time for this game.

I've got NVSE, CASM, the NVAC/Stutter Remover, and all required mods for that. Was also thinking of getting the Project Nevada mod and Nevada Skies mods.

Were there any other must-have mods for starting out?

The SafeShowRaceMenu mod is a must for me, because I'm always tweaking my character's appearance. It lets you do this without resetting some of your perks, which unfortunately happens when you use ShowRaceMenu normally.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Any mods that fix the 1st person clipping issues with the Ranger Combat armors? I think it might be messing up because I'm using the Weapon Animation Replacers (though only the 3rd person animations). It's especially bad with one handed weapons.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 13, 2015

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I recognize a couple armors from Spice of Life, but where are the other ones from?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm probably going to regret asking this, but are there any good hair mods out there? There's the Beauty Pack, and admittedly there are a handful of decent hairstyles in there, but I don't want to download 400mb of poo poo I'll mostly not use.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is there a mod that lets the Auto-Docs in Dead Money remove addictions? I want to be dumb to get Dog's final story piece for the Whole Sad Story but my character's intelligence is too high, so booze and addictions are the only things that can work.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Does anyone know what sort of bug might be causing female models in the game to have this weird splotchy black texture overlay on them? Their faces are fine, but arms and legs are all black. I have a feeling it might be a memory issue, but I thought I'd ask. I'm using the Type 3 body replacer.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Hobo on Fire posted:

Check to make sure you have a type 3 texture to go along with the body mesh. The Vanilla body textures have black underwear painted on, but since the vanilla texture doesn't line up with the type 3 model, it ends up looking weird.

I downloaded the full replacer, both the body and armors in one file. It doesn't always happen, only after extended playthroughs when things start to chug a bit, which is why I think it might be memory related.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Roobanguy posted:

have you archive invalidated yet?

Yep, first thing I did. I've narrowed it down to Fallout Redesigned 2 not playing too nice with FCO. I'm using the No NPC Edits for FCO but it seems to be messing with the redesigned mod. But it still only shows up after extended playthroughs, so it's not a deal breaker.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Supeerme posted:

Can someone tell me how to make DarnUI not gently caress up VATS please? I tried to use the iron sights and manual aiming but I keep missing even when my face is being cut off by Powder Gangers.

Use User Interface Organizer. It needs NVSE but it smooths out pretty much any UI mod so it doesn't lead to gently caress ups.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Seashell Salesman posted:

What are the good HUD mods to go with UIO and Darnified UI? So far I'm just using OneHUD.

e: oh god OneHUD showed me that my light touch perk wasn't giving me +5% crit, and now that I've confirmed that with the console, I've become obsessed with it. I tried removing and re-adding it, doesn't work. Are there any known bugs around this perk?

Did you use the Showracemenu to change appearance and stuff? Because that can gently caress up perks irreversibly on a playthrough.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Can someone give me the breakdown of why Mission Mojave is a bad mod? I'm using the YUG patch anyways, but I'd like to know what kind of feature creep ruins MM.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Looks like I've found my new favorite assassin suit retexture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Perhaps there are still Horses, but they're restricted in movement to the middle states. Maybe in Wyoming or the Dakotas the horses run free...

Or maybe I'm projecting my desirable outcome for the Great Khans with the ending where they leave the Mojave and carve out a kingdom in Wyoming. Khans riding mutant horses across the flatlands!