Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Seemenaked posted:

I noticed there were no face/hair mods in the OP.

Lings is pretty good, there are a few cool hairstyles to choose from.
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35352

Project Mikoto, is pretty decent too.
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35878

You can't really use them together though.

This is great and all but I'm still waiting for the mole rat boobs that were promised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

BSAKat posted:

Ah, okay. I was concerned because I hadn't seen it in any store lists under the name's .223 pistol or 2019 Detective's Special.

Edit: I just went and checked on my "That Gun", which I'd left in my underground hideout. The mod didn't change it. The stats are still the same as when I bought it. Oh well.

That means for whatever reason you don't have the mod installed correctly. The fact that you bought the gun and it's sitting someplace where it's not found originally doesn't mean a thing.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

BSAKat posted:

That's what I figured. Unfortunately, the readme documentation is pretty sparse when it comes to any advice or recommendation regarding conflicts or load order. I'll keep dicking around with it.

I just took a closer look at your picture and I think I might know the problem: You're supposed to pick either the .223 version (uses 5.56 ammo and repairs with service rifles) or the .44 magnum version (uses .44 magnum ammo and repairs with, well, .44 magnums). Since they both affect the same gun and you have both checked off the game is probably throwing a hissy fit and not changing it at all.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

BSAKat posted:

Hah, that did it. Thanks. So, wow, that's quite a difference in power there. Kinda silly that it's still a revolver, though.

The original gun in FO1/2 was a revolver too, as was the movie prop that it itself was based on, made from various parts of a .223 rifle no less :v:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Syrant posted:

The description was a cut-down .223 rifle, the icon was just of Deckard's revolver. You're right in both cases so just pretend it was a .223 revolving rifle.

I'm a huge pedantic nerdburger extreme for dragging on the conversation even as long as I did but I just need to clarify by mentioning what I meant was that the prop used for Deckard's revolver itself was made from bits from a .223 rifle (and a revolver).

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

doomfunk posted:

I think a non-sniper gauss lever-action would potentially be hella sweet. I was thinking of trying it myself and giving the thing a sparking effect when you cock the lever (to represent resetting the charge on the barrel or something)... but currently I'm a little afraid of tacking anything with wield animations or a collision box, I admit.

Apparently there's some kind of lever-action laser gun doohickey in the DLC coming out. I don't have a 360 myself so I can't really say more.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NotInventedHere posted:

Personally, I'd like to get something for killing the four legendary monsters, like a Deathclaw duster made of the Legendary Deathclaw's hide, a helmet from the Legendary Fire Gecko with water breathing and fire/energy resistance, etc.

And a beautiful sparkling set of fairy wings from the legendary cazador :allears:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Captain McStabbin posted:

Some guy made a pip-boy 2500. Looks pretty cool, as it fits with the universe better than the super shiny readius.

Also, I guess Arenovalis helped out on it.

I find this version better looking, if less authentic:

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37250

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Gyshall posted:

Oh, hey, someone made a Throwable Mine mod. Complete with lovely anime girl character video demonstration.

Embedding the video because everyone should experience the beauty of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ9d8qiM0DM

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Police Automaton posted:

I don't know what he's thinking, radroaches are clearly the more erotic creatures, therefore more deserving of jiggly breasts. Also what's this crap with BBB, are there no bras in the wasteland?

Oh also this:

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34869

Userprofile of the creator is linking to this website

:nws::nms::nws:
http://obss.us/
:nws::nms::nws:

:barf:

"Pedophile" gets slung around on the internet a lot as an insult these days but this, ladies and gentlemen, is a pedophile.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Man that just makes me want to see what sort of trainwreck the gun looked like in game.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Arenovalis posted:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42039

Only gotta do the .45 SMG now and Honest Hearts guns are done.

You've probably been asked this before, but I couldn't find anything mentioning it: Are you planning to ever take a crack at redoing energy weapons? It'd make sense if you didn't want to.

edit: I've actually just reinstalled Fallout and am in the process of collecting all the old mods I had. Did URWLNV get removed from the nexus for some reason? What should I get to replace it?

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 29, 2011

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Syrant posted:

Try http://www.mediafire.com/file/zy84s881hd4upz3/URWLNV53.rar , that's the only copy I could find and it seems to work decently. The only other URWL I can find incorporates Nevada Skies.

Thanks. As a followup, I was planning on getting the pipboy readius + reskin I used to have. However, I also ended up stripping out the readius sound effects so it'd use the default pipboy ones, by using the New Vegas Fallout Mod Manager. The most recent version on the nexus is from November, will that one work with the current version of New Vegas?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Speaking of the high-res texture mods, is the highest resolution one really worth getting over the medium one? Is even the lowest resolution pack better than the default new vegas textures? The provided screenshots I assume all are taken from the highest resolution pack.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Ok, one more quick texture pack question: Will the detailed normals mod work correctly with non default textures?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Coughing Hobo posted:

No.

Prompt and succinct! Thanks.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Decided to give it a shot just to see how it compared to Nevada skies, since I just installed that about an hour ago which isn't long enough to create brand loyalty. When I went outside everything was completely greyscale :geno:. Back to nevada skies for me.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Aug 14, 2011

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

If you're using Imaginator or the like, reset your settings before judging it. It uses a much different style than Nevada Skies so settings that work well with Nevada Skies look like poo poo with F3NV and vica versa. My shot above was with added desaturation and only slight blue/cyan tinting.

Oh, I'm absolutely sure it was a bug owing to me not completely uninstalling NV skies to try it out, instead just switching it off in the mod manager.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

triad posted:

I'm totally brand new, and have no idea what I'm doing. I moved NVSE and the .dll's to the fallout new vegas folder, and installed the NVSE version of ST Traits. For it to work, do I have to launch the game with the NVSE loader, or can I launch the game through FOMM?

Also, is Nevada Skies going to give me a super hard time? Should I just go with Fellout?

I had absolutely not problem getting nevada skies to work from the get go. All I did was:
  • Get the file called exactly "NSkies URWLified 30 Complete" (that's a direct link to the file).
  • Inside is a single FOMM file that you run. It'll start up FOMM and put everything in the right place. Just mash buttons until you get to your load order.
  • Make sure only the appropriate DLC .esm files are flagged to run, it'll crash if you try and use one for DLC you don't have.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 15, 2011

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

triad posted:

Awesome thanks. And where should this be in my load order?

The most specific it gets is "as late as possible". The entirety of my load order can be seen here, so it's not such a big deal for me :v:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

So is that second screenshot supposed to be an example of "working as intended" or a bug?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Police Automaton posted:

The Interface? Bug or ok looking, depends on how you look at it. Like I said, post processing is on the whole frame, there's no way for me to tell the shader that those letters belong to the HUD and shouldn't be "processed", that's the main limitation with all this, but I think it actually looks ok, gives kind of a cutscene feeling. The blurry things especially the blue ones in the upper right corner are jpeg artifacts and FRAPS being FRAPS, not in the game. It's hard to really translate how it looks in screenshots, I mainly just wanted to show the HUD.

So the part where there's two people standing ~15 feet away from a flaming barrel that are nearly pitch black, that's what it's supposed to look like.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Just a quick one-off question that I hope hasn't been asked a gajillion times before, but I picked up all the DLC for New Vegas over the Steam sale and was planning to fire this up and try it out when I noticed rope kid debuted his tantalizing new mod. Here's what my theoretical load order looks like, should everything work?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Naky posted:

Maybe not because FalloutNV.esm is not at the top like it should be.

That's weird, that's how the game originally came although I never bothered to ever actually check off the caravan pack .esm. I only did so just now because JSawyer requires it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

So if I was planning to pick up Logan's Loophole but I'm already past level 20, I should hold off on updating then?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

rope kid posted:

Honestly, my mod doesn't work that well for a game in progress (especially past 20th level). It should be used with a fresh game.

I don't really play big open-ended RPGs more than once. I will soldier on regardless!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

rope kid posted:

* Plasma Spaz now (also) increases attack rate with plasma weapons by 20%.

Wanna introduce that perk to smitty special.