Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
So I've been learning GECK (for making interiors/map areas) today and I have a decent beginner's handle on it, following the tutorial and what not. But, I don't think I quite understand Navmesh. Do I have to meticulously make sure every inch of my new area has triangles in it? If I don't, what happens realistically?

My goal was to add an oasis/sculpture garden area to some barren unused part of the desert (once I get comfortable with it, perhaps a sculpture garden you have to liberate from deathclaws or raiders or something). I was planning on this being an exterior area, so do I have to be strict with Navmeshing or can I just kinda throw it together quickly with the ctrl-mouse click functionality?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Brace posted:

I can't play new vegas... I crash if I try to leave this sewer I'm in... :smith:

Disabled all Nevada Skies, URWL, and Electro City plugins and I can leave and get outside. Something to do with them, but I don't know what. Can anyone post the load order I should be using with Nevada - URWLified, Imiginator, Emittance, Lumenarium, Highways, workorders, and Nevada/URWL?

For some reason, Electrocity Highways/Byways and Complete Work Orders make me crash when I enter a new interior I haven't previously been in before. I was getting crazy crashes all the time and I finally narrowed it down to those two. I can still use Imaginator, URWLified, and Nevada/URWL with no problems together.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

SheepNameKiller posted:

I have no problems running Electro-City. It could potentially be a problem with both of your load orders, but I wouldn't rule out a driver or hardware incompatibility.

I'm certain it's probably the latter, I just don't know how to check that or what to do about it.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

SheepNameKiller posted:

I actually suspect it might be the former, incompatibilities between two mods do happen pretty much all the time and BOSS only removes like 50% of them. There's nothing inherently bad about some mods but sometimes when you use them together with other mods it can cause crashes, FNVEdit helps catch things like this sometimes but it's not a foolproof solution.

Alright, I downloaded FNVEdit but there doesn't seem to be a readme or anything. I've noticed some entries in the Electrocity fields are highlighted red, others green. Should I be concerned with the red ones?

edit: Oh, I see the "Information" tab now. Aha! Alright I'm on the case

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I'm getting some goofy texture glitches. In Quarry Junction, the ground becomes a deathclaw skin stretched out (which reminds me of Doom) and on my way into Jacobstown, there are patches of black and purple on the ground which I assume should be snow. I never went to either of these places on my vanilla play-through, so I'm wondering if this is a known mod issue. My load order is below, but I'm just wondering if anyone else experienced this and/or fixed it.

FalloutNV.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
New Vegas Redesigned.esm
Lings.esm
NVStripOpen.esm
StripOpenNPCs.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
Lore version.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp
URWLNV.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Darker Nights.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp

Total active plugins: 13
Total plugins: 22

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
So I tried out the MAD World RPG Quick Start - It lets you have a fast character creation with some perks and role play stuff, and lets you choose where to start. I choose the Gunslinger background and to start in Primm. (Oh yeah, I also used the Increased Spawns mod) (oh yeah, and the XFO increased enemy health and AI)

I started off with a .357 with 11 bullets. Primm is crawling with convicts. Must have been 20 or so outside in total, maybe more. I only survived by kiting them back to the NCR base and hiding. I think I'm going to have to sneak over to Goodsprings because I need XP like a motherfucker. This is certainly a much more exciting New Vegas open than the vanilla one.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Fewd posted:

So IWS is stable and worth using?

Started playing this again yesterday and installed the mods I wanted but missed that. I used to have MMM with FO3 but it caused random crashes so spawn increasers sort of left a poop taste in my mouth.

How much extra spawns does the basic version that doesn't require NVSE add?

I've only just started my new play-through with it, but when I went to Vanilla Primm, I remember maybe 9 or 10 convicts maximum outside. With Core IWS and the lowest increase version, there were at least 20. I don't even want to know how many are in Buffalo Steve's...

So far it's been stable but like I said, I only just started.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
For anyone having problems with ElectroCity crashing your game, I fired up FNVEdit and got totally lost, so I just rolled the dice and clicked Create Merged Patch for all of my ElectroCity files as well as World of Pain, Open Strip, Lings, URWL, and a couple others. Whatever that did, running that patch last in my load order cured my crashes.

I don't know what it did or why it worked, and your mileage may vary, but try FNVEdit and making a merged patch without touching anything else, it may work for you.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
At the risk of exposing myself as a creepy weirdo, I took the animated prostitution mod for a spin. Just to add icing to the creeper cake, I tested all the functions with No-Bark Noonan.

I submit that the true Fallout experience will not be yours until you too have experienced No-bark railing you in the rear end and saying "Be careful, there's spies out there!" over and over.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Well I finally took Tales From the Burning Sands for a spin...

gently caress, Puce Moose... were you trying to make a grown man fight back tears? If so, bra-loving-vo...

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
So on my run with Increased Wasteland Spawns, I'm finally over to Vegas and the parts directly west and east and I have to say, this mod adds a totally different feel. Like others have said, you really feel like there's hustle and bustle going on independant of you. The Increased Patrols and City Guards portions lead to some epic battles between the Legion and NCR. I walked into the middle of a ten minute firefight with the NCR on one side of the freeway underpass, fiends on the other side all over the ruins. It went on forever, with sniping and grenading and meleeing and all of it happening oblivious to me.

I'm using it with some XFO mods that modify the way the game handles enemy health and accuracy, so not only are the fights full of enemies, but now there's a strategic element to aiming for hands and legs, since wasting all your ammo on their heads might not get you out of hot water. Add in the Enemies Use Stimpacks and it gets tense.

This is my fourth playthrough and it's like I'm playing a brand new game.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Lockback posted:

Whoa, holy crap, yeah thats where I am. I did the RP start and started in Freeside, so its been a fun game of dodging from locale to locale trying to push SouthWest to try and get to Goodpsrings. The frequency of crashing has gone up as I have gotten closer to the trading post. I'll try this.

I liked the RP start but man, the game is really set up for you to be near Goodsprings at the beginning, I learned. You're like a delicate dandelion compared to everyone else.

Also, don't be surprised but Doc Mitchell is glitched to gently caress when you finally get back. He kept telling me to sit down and begin the test and I couldn't get him to move on to his normal Doc mode.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Dickeye posted:

People who have done Tales of the Burning Sands, or at least some of it: Where do I find the guy? I figured out the "large man-made reptile" thing, but where is the guy from there?

Look to the cliffside where someone would be if they wanted to look out at the Dinosaur. You should notice something interesting. Hint you're not looking for a man just yet, but rather where he lives

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Is it possible through scripting to have one area be replaced by another after a particular event?

For example, suppose I did Custom Quest A which gave me the option to reroute an assload of money and supplies to Freeside. If I modified Freeside to look cleaner and less third-world, could I save that as Freeside2 and have the game use that as the primary cell instead upon completion of the quest?

I have this vision for a sort of Wasteland Restoration quest chain where you have the option to do certain tasks which would start to make various locales turn around and be less hosed up/garbage-strewn. The changes to the areas themselves would be mostly cosmetic, but it seems like it would be a good way to let the player feel like their actions are having noticeable effects. I wanted Sloan to look better after I took care of their little deathclaw problem.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
More Traits. You picked High Value Target.

It's seriously the worst thought out trait, it's impossible to beat those guys even at mid-high level

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Naky posted:

Oh I know, it's just that giant rear end endless interconnecting dungeon he has under Vegas is pretty crazy and the exits out of it are extremely few and far between.

I've done a few play-throughs with WOP but I'm not sure what endless dungeon you guys mean. What's it called in the game?

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Goddamnit, I installed something that is giving me hellacious slow-down. When I restart its fine, but after about 5 minutes, I get like 3 FPS suddenly. If I wait for maybe 10 minutes, it goes back to normal for a few minutes before getting slow again. This is a brand new problem since installing Project New Vegas and both NV Bounties.

Without posting a huge-rear end load order, do you suppose loading New Vegas Bounties 1 and 2 at the same time could be causing this intermittent slow down? Can they be turned on at anytime and work properly?

edit: Nevermind, it's Project Vegas causing the ruckus. I'll have to investigate further when I'm not so tired.

That Dang Dad fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Apr 12, 2011

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Okay well now I'm stumped. My game was working fine before I installed Project Vegas and NV Bounties 1 & 2. After that I started a new game and got major lag every 5 minutes which lasted for about five minutes. So I switched the new stuff off and it's still doing it. Anybody have a similar problem?

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
New Vegas Redesigned.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
WARZONES - Misanthropy Pure.esm
Lings.esm
NVStripOpen.esm
More Perks.esm
IWS-Core.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
NewVegasStripOverhaul.esp
monsterranch.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks - NVSE.esp
NV_STTraitsandPerks.esp
More Perks Update.esp
StripOpenNPCs.esp
Lore version.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
UsableCigarettes neunen Ver for New Vegas.esp
IWS-AS-LowSpawns.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
XFO - 4b - Perks - Perk Every Level.esp
XFO - 8d - Gore Changes.esp
XFO - 4a - Perks - Paths.esp
XFO - 5c - Skills - Better Med Surv Repair.esp
XFO - 5da - Skills - Sneak - mild.esp
XFO - 5ea - Skills - Barter - Mild.esp
XFO - 7b - UnMSG - Karma (Incl Sounds).esp
XFO - 8a - Cripple & Body Part Revamp.esp
XFO - 9a - Enemies - AI revamp.esp
XFO - 9ca - Enemies - NPC Aim + low.esp
XFO - 9da - Enemies - NPC Healing - low.esp
URWLNV.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp
CompanionInfAmmoCheat.esp

Total active plugins: 39
Total plugins: 69

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
So, my extreme slowdown every 5 minutes problem was persisting, and in exasperation, I disabled every single mod except DarnUI, deleted every saved game, and restarted a brand new game. I'm proud to say the game no longer slows down every 5 minutes. Now it just slows down the second the game starts. The menus are normal, the title screen and video intro is fine, just the game itself is like 1 FPS or worse.

So... could I have hosed up DarnUI to the point it's doing this or do I just need to reinstall or refresh some file somewhere?

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
After restarting with a new character and a reorganized mod loadout (including Increased Spawns, XFO balances tweaks, Warzones, and Nevada Skies), I had an awesome experience - I was trying to leave Nipton when a hellacious rainstorm started. It was dark and rainy and I could hardly see. I tried to take the main road east of Nipton but had to run away from Giant Radscorpions. I then tried to go over the hills and ran into a raider camp. This began a game of cat and mouse as I tried to pick off the Raiders one by one while evading them in the rain. I was being shot at from places I couldn't see, running for my life with low health, and I eventually managed to kill the last raider with a lucky laser critical. Just then the storm subsided and I could finally see this trail of dead raiders along the hillside.

Even on my fifth playthrough this game entertains the poo poo out of me in new ways.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

So, this is pretty embarrassing, but somehow I forgot to zip up and include songs 31-50 for Mysterious Broadcast: Extended. This is probably the ACTUAL cause of redmercer's dead air issue, and I apologize profusely for any problems it's caused anyone. If you go back to the Nexus page and download the new Music Pack 3, that should fix any and all issues with the mod.

My apologies to anyone who's downloaded this and had problems. Next time maybe I'll realize that 51 doesn't come after 30. :doh:

Are you sure? I just downloaded pack 3 from Nexus today (at 1400 hours PST) and it was 51+. Still no 31-50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

redmercer posted:

It's 14:33 PST and the file I just downloaded has songs 31-50 in it. Try doing a shift+reload?

Yep, thanks :sweatdrop:

Great tracks, by the by! It's awesome not hearing the same five songs