Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006
It's nice to have a new thread.

Anyways, I saw this goofy shark monster on the Nexus frontpage, and that lead me to this strange Norwegian mod. Truly a creature in its own class; an overly ambitious mod that wants to turn Fallout into an Action/RTS, with an alternate reality storyline where the NCR, Enclave, BoS, and the remnants of the European Union are waging war with tanks and mechas, and there's a race of duck aliens with a homeplanet you supposedly will be able to travel to, and the duck aliens and the humans are at war with HR Giger's aliens, and the space ducks have walking pyramid robots.

I just don't know what to say. This is a whole level of weirdness far beyond the conventional "this mod adds in Krystal the Fox and armor from Mass Effect and a gun that plays Prodigy music when you draw it" stuff you see on Nexus. It's baffling.

NovaPolice fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 28, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006

Capn Beeb posted:

LET'S GET DRUNK

I hope you just drank the entire stash. It's my policy for alcohol stockpiles in Fallout, Deus Ex, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and it has never failed me.

Anyways, here's the most important tweak since "two bears high fiving".

And, someone modded in airsoft guns. So you can play mock-war by using a toy gun, in a videogame that's filled with virtual gun battles. It's like one of those paintball videogames, you're not just pretending to be a gunfighter, you're playing a game so you can simulate an activity that simulates armed combat. Christ, you might as well mod in fantasy football.

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006

Captain McStabbin posted:

One on the right is I think that creepy Willow companion mod and the one on the left looks like an Argonian from The Elder Scrolls.

That picture kinda makes me wish there was some sort of Requiem for the Capital Wasteland style mod for Oblivion's map.

I want to destroy the world's population of aimless goblins with a riot shotgun. I want to clear vampire-infested ruins with a flamer. I want to walk through minotaurs with a ripper.

God, I would pay money for the chance to be the only person in Generic Fantasyland with modern/futuristic weapons.

NovaPolice
May 9, 2006
I don't know if this is the best topic for it, but:

I played through Fallout 3 once after it was released, and didn't touch it again. Didn't do the DLC, missed a lot of stuff in the gameworld, didn't really play any quest mods.

If I were to finish up the Fallout 3 content, would it be better to play it directly through 3, or does the New Vegas merge thing work better?