Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Ugh trying to find these things to read after only knowing dex is legit the worst.

I just want to read sappy poo poo come ooonnnn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

ZeusCannon posted:

Ugh trying to find these things to read after only knowing dex is legit the worst.

I just want to read sappy poo poo come ooonnnn

You could try filtering by the "Wholesome" tag on Dynasty Scans, but that'll all be yuri. Dunno if that's what you're looking for.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I like yuri well enough hell I'll read anything about two people getting into something consensual but I'll admit that too much of one flavor does tend to annoy me.

First world problems etc etc

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I find Mangasee/Mangalife to be good. Are you on Android? Tachiyomi blocks most of the manga sites' shittyness.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'll have to give it a try. The ads etc on some of the sites I've accidentally wandered into are aggressive and weird and nsfw a lot of the time.

Yes yes the algorithm is tailored to me etc etc.

Thank you for the advice

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's happening in Are You Really Getting Married. Faster than I expected, too.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
New zone, da School Zone that is

oh no

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

heck, :same:

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

chumbler posted:

It's happening in Are You Really Getting Married. Faster than I expected, too.

That the travel agency one?

I have to admit my lack of japanese korean etc means I go off cover art a lot when I'm finding series I read so I'm not great at remembering titles. Plus translated names shift sometimes.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Futari Ashitamo Sorenarini is almost finished, the next/final chapter looks like an afterword and is out so will be scanlated soon.

It was Real Cute.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's a shame because the author absolutely would have been able to write post-marriage stories given how it's been up to this point.

But it was good and cute and is going out on a high note.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Post-marriage romance stories are the best. :colbert:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

sinky posted:

Futari Ashitamo Sorenarini is almost finished, the next/final chapter looks like an afterword and is out so will be scanlated soon.

It was Real Cute.

aw, I was hoping it would keep going. After the last chapter I checked mangaupdates to see if it was listed as complete and it said ongoing but I guess that was just, ongoing til the next chapter came out lol.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ZeusCannon posted:

That the travel agency one?

I have to admit my lack of japanese korean etc means I go off cover art a lot when I'm finding series I read so I'm not great at remembering titles. Plus translated names shift sometimes.

Yes, it's the travel agency one.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has anyone ever read a good romance manga (het/yaoi/yuri, doesn't matter) where either party either actively declines physical intimacy or is straight up asexual?

Feels like something that's rare, since people usually regard sex as either an important milestone in a relationship or something for fun or just entirely disregard it in romance manga that I've read. If anyone is uncomfortable with sex it's more something to get over as they get comfortable with their partner, or something.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

There's a couple from The feelings we all must endure that that describes pretty well. It's not entirely a non-physical relationship and the couple doesn't work out in the end but it's probably the best part of the story.

They're also not the main couple or anything so most of the story isn't about them and in general the story is pretty trashy and not that good. But i'm ace and I thought that part about it was real relatable and I liked them a lot.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm starting to suspect I might be. Stuff like hugging or kissing in manga is fine but I find sex kinda offputting. Not something I've ever really thought about though.

NO username puns please.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Acerbatus posted:

Has anyone ever read a good romance manga (het/yaoi/yuri, doesn't matter) where either party either actively declines physical intimacy or is straight up asexual?

Feels like something that's rare, since people usually regard sex as either an important milestone in a relationship or something for fun or just entirely disregard it in romance manga that I've read. If anyone is uncomfortable with sex it's more something to get over as they get comfortable with their partner, or something.

There's
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/accept_my_fist_of_love

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ah, if you're looking for something without sex then The feelings we all must endure is probably not the story you're wanting. Even the characters i'm talking about sleep together, though I like how one of them just kinda finds it a chore and isn't into it at all and I like how the comic explores her.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Ah, if you're looking for something without sex then The feelings we all must endure is probably not the story you're wanting. Even the characters i'm talking about sleep together, though I like how one of them just kinda finds it a chore and isn't into it at all and I like how the comic explores her.

Yeah that seems to be how it goes for the most part, which is aggravating. Romance without sex just gets relegated to being kid's stuff. I didn't even realize that was an option until recently. Out of curiosity, what made you realize it for yourself?

I'll check it out!

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Apr 28, 2021

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Honestly the fact that it goes into a character's feelings on sex with their partner as them not enjoying it and that not being a negative thing feels way more nuanced than anything else i've seen really. But also I guess I don't really mind sex in stories or whatever, so it's not really a problem for me.

Though, if you're just looking for romances without sex that's a lot easier to find stuff for. Maybe not if you're looking for something that like really explores that a relationship doesn't need sex to matter, but I think there's plenty of romance comics out there that aren't interested in having the characters gently caress.

E: Just remembered a a series I read a while ago that had a chapter or two about the main couple deciding just because they didn't want to sleep together didn't mean their relationship was less real. The comic didn't really leave much of an impression on me besides that and I dropped it a while ago but maybe that's closer to what you're looking for?

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Apr 28, 2021

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The main plot in Feelings ends in a really weird place, but something I do like about the ending is that one of the couple we're talking about floats the idea of getting back together, mostly out of guilt than thinking that things could actually work, and the other just goes "no of course not".

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Though, if you're just looking for romances without sex that's a lot easier to find stuff for. Maybe not if you're looking for something that like really explores that a relationship doesn't need sex to matter, but I think there's plenty of romance comics out there that aren't interested in having the characters gently caress.

Yeah, it just feels like it's all high school stuff, even more so than manga usually is.

Anyways, I'll check out the thing you linked.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Even excluding high school stuff I feel like there's quite a bit like that. But I guess I end up falling off a lot of the series I try to follow so perhaps all romances starring adults tragically end up loving in the end.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

oops i tripped into my gf and now we're having sex...tragic accident

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

If all ya'all want stuff with ace and like books (or audiobooks), may I recommend Perfect Rhythm by Jae?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aurora posted:

oops i tripped into my gf and now we're having sex...tragic accident

That somehow seems unlikely

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The main character of Crescent Moon and Doughnuts might be ace.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
some licensed doujinshi I'm aware of:
Mine-kun is Asexual (oneshot, POV is the non ace character though)
This is Love (3 chapters so far, ongoing)

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

She's Not What I Expected goes exactly like you might expect.

Also, a bit of title-gore in the form of Exiled From My Old Party For Being A Woman, Me And A Legendary Witch Formed The Ultimate Tag Team - apparently it's also known as Sexiled?

Also, how about a delightful series of slices of adult life in Eat, Sleep and Live With You: You and Mari Live Together.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Also, a bit of title-gore in the form of Exiled From My Old Party For Being A Woman, Me And A Legendary Witch Formed The Ultimate Tag Team - apparently it's also known as Sexiled?

Yeah that was the one ln with the funny title on Amazon. It was actually p decent tho.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Yeah, the English release made the full title a subtitle and used Sexiled as the shorthand title. From what I remember hearing about it, it's pretty alright, it just has a rather unfortunate name. :ughh:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Also, despite the title, the story was actually about japanese university practices of limiting admissions to female applicants.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i dont know how this is a spoiler when that's just the real life event that the story is obviously based off of

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It's very on the nose about where it stands regarding women and sexism. It's a fun read if you want to see some women stand up to their past abusers and kick the poo poo out of them.

The Colonel posted:

i dont know how this is a spoiler when that's just the real life event that the story is obviously based off of

It's very relevant to the second novel, since it's one of the key plot points. The MC tutors a young girl looking to join a magical academy, and despite her excellent scores she's declined because she's a girl.

Onean fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 29, 2021

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That's the first novel. I put it in spoilers in case people are only reading the manga, and thus don't want to be spoiled on that.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Hmmm. I could have swore it was the second.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It was the healer's condition to join the team for the tournament, which was the climax of the first book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Ah, yes, now I remember. It's been too long since I read them. Guess I'll just have to re-read them then.