Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_monster_wants_to_eat_me_ch09

A monster wants to eat me finally got updated.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Everything Burrito posted:

Renta is releasing Black Sesame Salt & Custard Pudding and it's also on Bookwalker collected in volumes if you don't use renta/don't want to buy it by chapter (that version is also on Amazon if BW isn't your thing, I just had a shitload of coins to spend there so :v:)

I know several of us read and enjoyed it so heads up, for supporting the official release.

I have exactly 2 physical manga books. And honestly didnt read manga at all before covid restarted my reading of them.

But If that story had a physical copy (regardless of language) and i could figure out how to get ahold of it I would. No i dont know why i like it so much i just really do. Its super comfy.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZeusCannon posted:

I have exactly 2 physical manga books. And honestly didnt read manga at all before covid restarted my reading of them.

But If that story had a physical copy (regardless of language) and i could figure out how to get ahold of it I would. No i dont know why i like it so much i just really do. Its super comfy.

you're in luck
volume 2 looks like it's backordered but you might be able to find it other places; cd japan is just an easier site to navigate than a lot of them so I usually look there first.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

It's fascinating how short a manga can be if the characters communicate with each other.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Double-posting to mention Cecile's Feelings which is a really interesting oneshot.

Also, We all need a Wataru in our lives, imo.

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day

this is a real dumb question, but how do you read manga on this site? I see "latest releases" on this page, but I can only get to a list of the titles the group is translating

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
You dont. Manga updates is just a tracker/status site.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
The site doesn't actually host any mangas, it's more of a... info aggregator? on scanlation stuff. Author, genres, publication info, scan groups and release dates, alternate titles, that kinda stuff.
It gives you all the info to find it on a site that actually hosts manga, though.

edit: back in ye olde times before onemanga (✟) or even mangatraders (✟), that site is where you went to find out which IRC channel you had to join to download a new chapter

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Dec 7, 2021

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

this is a real dumb question, but how do you read manga on this site? I see "latest releases" on this page, but I can only get to a list of the titles the group is translating
Yeah, sorry about that - you already learned what it does; I'm just used to linking to it because it's the way I keep track of what I've read.

One of the great parts about it is that its tagging system is real useful for finding things using the advanced search, unlike basically every other manga reader site (at least in my experience).

EDIT: Oh, and perhaps more importantly - while a lot of other reader sites have come (and a lot have similarily gone), mangaupdates and anidb (which I use to keep track of anime) are both still around.
I wouldn't have any loving clue what I'd read/watched back in the 90s, if I hadn't had some way of keeping track of it through all these years.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 7, 2021

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
mangaupdates is a pretty good neutral site to link to since they generally list both scanlation info and official releases so you can decide where and how you want to read something, and also don't need to be worried about getting linked to some sketchy place with bad ads or nsfw content

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Positively Yours is an absolutely fantastic story that I just finished.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Back Story Zone

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_monster_wants_to_eat_me_ch10#1

I'm gonna be really upset if miko bites it this soon after the reveal..

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

A Fool in Love is a Fool Indeed is pretty self-explanatory.

My Mom's A Superstar is a new series which could end up having an interesting twist.

Fake Sweets can also be pretty sweet.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Just gently caress already rather than fantasize about it!

They might, soon.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

chumbler posted:

They might, soon.

I'm so glad this manga did away with the "pretending to get married" premise and instead became a story about two introverts dealing with their first serious relationship.

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day

chumbler posted:

They might, soon.

which series is this?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

which series is this?

Are You Really Getting Married?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

drat, forgot this wasn't the yuri thread

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Aurora posted:

drat, forgot this wasn't the yuri thread
So did I in my last post - something that I only just discovered now :ignorance:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Any recently finished series worth reading over Christmas? Something pretty light like Ore Monogatari

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

glad i finally read through this, it good

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It's a Christmas miracle, y'all: FIVE new chapters of The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses and they're all cute as gently caress.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just finished the 2nd volume of My Love Mix-Up and it continues to be super cute, sweet, and funny

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jun and Kaoru ended, sadly, but it was a fun ride. Would've liked to see more development, but it ended at a fine enough spot I suppose.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Everything Burrito posted:

I just finished the 2nd volume of My Love Mix-Up and it continues to be super cute, sweet, and funny

Ah nice I didn't know Aruko had illustrated another series.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

chumbler posted:

Jun and Kaoru ended, sadly, but it was a fun ride. Would've liked to see more development, but it ended at a fine enough spot I suppose.

Real talk. Nieki does some really interesting slice-of-life supernatural stories but I feel like none of them get the fair shake they deserve. The long-neck series got cut short. I feel like Jun and Kaoru did as well despite making the transition from twitter comic to serialization. And his current series is still on hiatus. Doesn't help that translators for his works tend to drop his stuff for months or years at a time.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
FYI
https://twitter.com/technoblueberry/status/1477839683635888132?s=20
mangaupdates info on it & link

They posted the whole thing and it's a daily free unlock one or you can read faster w/coins.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
I found a rare thing, a good sex-focused het josei comic, featuring good vibes, consenting adults, mutual respect and even humor

nws of course
https://mangadex.org/title/fe12dd7d-69e0-4eb6-b024-42915b32d3e7/kinyoubi-no-baby-violet

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Something new from Nagori Yu popped up Demoness and Runaway Girl. Tall demon lady saves girl and take her under her protection, unintentionally? steals her heart.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Schubalts posted:

Something new from Nagori Yu popped up Demoness and Runaway Girl. Tall demon lady saves girl and take her under her protection, unintentionally? steals her heart.

I'M BEGINNING TO SUSPECT THAT THIS MANGAKA HAS A PREFERRED TYPE PAIRING!

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Vesi posted:

I found a rare thing, a good sex-focused het josei comic, featuring good vibes, consenting adults, mutual respect and even humor

nws of course
https://mangadex.org/title/fe12dd7d-69e0-4eb6-b024-42915b32d3e7/kinyoubi-no-baby-violet

This is more wholesome than I expected.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Schubalts posted:

Not that I don't like this, but I kinda wish Nagori-Sensei would actually finish one of their stories once in a while instead of only releasing 2 or 3 chapters before moving on to a different tall x smol girl series.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Vesi posted:

nws of course

Read a couple chapters and it seems good so far. Despite his looks the dude is a huge dope, which reminds me of how a lot of josei and shoujo dudes (at least in my limited experience) are annoying or boring because they're either messy and kinda lovely creatives or perfect superman CEOs, each equally inscrutable, and this is setting aside seinen dudes who are often the worst human alive or shounen dudes who tend to be substanceless. But that being said, I can't really name what I would want them to be more like, beyond I guess having some actual window into their insecurities and lives. What makes a good josei/shoujo man?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
All the things I am not.

Edit:

Vesi posted:

nws of course

this was good

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 6, 2022

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I was browsing iyashikei series over on baka-updates, and found Bentouya-san no Omotenashi which could be good?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Lol apparently the voice of Maomao (from the Apothecary Diaries) in Drama CDs is Yuuki Aoi.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I am consistently astounded at how good Ikkoku Nikki is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its da best

feel free to empty quote this if you also think ikkoku nikki is da best